Thanksgiving Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thanksgiving Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:56 pm

On a whim, in October I ordered an expensive Christmas sweater to support a podcast I listen to. I was charged by the fulfillment company on November 11 with an email saying my order was complete and shipping would be Nov 18 -25. Turns out that didn't mean I'd get it then, it meant they would ship then. Well I signed in today to see if I could get a tracking number and discovered the sweater is still in production.

My Christmas sweater events were/are Nov 27, Dec 1, Dec 7 and Dec 8. The last time I ordered from this company it took 18 days to arrive. That was in June. Therefore no increase volume of parcels slowing down customs or the post office.

I note 18 days from tomorrow is Dec. 17. But they won't be shipping it tomorrow, and are not likely to ship until Monday at the earliest, what with Thanksgiving and all. Which would make it the 20th. But that's assuming the sweaters get out of production and actually shipped. Which is an assumption.

I've had buyers regret since the moment I made the purchase but decided to honour this but I don't feel like honour it if they won't actually ship me a Christmas item I can use for the Christmas party season. So I've sent an email asking to cancel the order. The run is sold out and they have 28 others wanting to buy if they produce more so I figure they can sell it to someone else and give me my money back. Someone in the US will have a fighting chance to get it for Christmas. Me, not so much.

BTW: we don't have parcel delivery on Sundays here, and there will be customs charges due on the sweater (delivery and customs charges are 100% more than the price of the sweater itself) so it won't be delivered here, I will get a notice and have to go to the post office to get it. Which will further delay delivery.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:49 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone has enjoyed their day. Lady M, I'm sorry your dh is experiencing a possible kidney stone. And those who are traveling are having good trips.

This is the first time I've been online today; couldn't even use my phone. We were up early this morning for breakfast and morning routine. Then we packed up our stuff, things we normally take when we spend the day with dfamily#3. I had asked ddil what we could bring and she said nothing, just yourselves, but we wanted to do something. She had not planned anything for lunch so suggested we bring cheese and crackers for a mid-day snack. We took an assortment of party cheese squares and cubes, an assortment of crackers and some pepperoni and a summer sausage. Ddil added cut green peppers, baby carrots, celery and dip. It was all a big hit, not much of anything was left.

Ddil's youngest dsister, her husband and four (or five) children came from their home in TN, so with dh and me there were thirteen or fourteen people there; there was lots of action! Dh and I were too late to watch the Macy's parade, so ddil recorded it and we watched it later, then we watched White Christmas and after that, while we ate dinner, we watched Home Alone while we all visited. We stayed a little later than we normally do, but made it home a little after 8 p.m.

We are both tired and ready to get into bed. But first I should walk dMinnie one last time.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:31 am

First time I've had to get here. Busy Busy day. Later than normal start to the morning since DD arrived so late last evening and we had dinner and then sat up talking until probably 1:30 in the AM. So by the time we had breakfast and I got to cooking, I pulled the turkey out of the refrigerator to find it very frozen still. I'd been too tired the night before to check it. So there was the water bath to get it unfrozen, and the dear turkey was the cleanest rinsed out turkey I ever baked!

Food was very good this year, DD helped a lot. I kept making messes and she kept doing dishes. Because of the late start, dinner was closer to 2:00. It was a challenge to get it all out by then. DxSiL came and carved again and stayed a while after we ate. We all took a walk around the block afterward with the dogs, and this was a very big block, and even the dogs needed a nap when we got back.

We had time to play card games with DGSs this evening which is something we haven't done in a long while.

LadyM, I'm sorry your DH is having this pain now. Awful time to get sick.

Sunny, that sounds like a huge crowd she had.

Look at Nancy getting her Christmas decorations up so soon. I brought out the puzzle picture of the nativity we framed last year and swapped it out for the spring summer one above the fireplace. I wanted the kids to see it before they went home.

Kathryn, not very good of a company to offer a product that is not even made.

I got little cracks at the tip of my middle finger either from the work or all the soapy water, so typing is hard. I think bed is going to feel very nice tonight.

Missing Harriet, hope she had a good Thanksgiving.

Return to “Post When You Can”