Thanksgiving Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Thanksgiving Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:23 am

I hope you all have wonderful days!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thanksgiving Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:28 am

I'm up. Thankful my back isn't as bad as yesterday. Slept well.

I need to shower and style my new haircut today. I would discover now whether it is a good cut or not. Interestingly, two people didn't recognize me yesterday due to the 'bigger hair' style the stylist left me with. One was a friend in the building. The other was dgs after we came back from watching the Holiday Train. I also had my coat on and he was looking right at me and saying "where's Nana?" I knew it was out of character for me to have big hair, and I was wearing my computer glasses, but still....!

We have a second performance today. I need to write two cards for my secret penpal (one for the big reveal on December 8, so that one is signed with my real name.) And then Cantata practice tonight. I haven't practiced my music enough this week but that's because I've been working on the song-set with dh. I need to protect my jaw, if I use it too much, I end up with real problems. Dialing back practices to once every 2 - 3 days really helped eliminate that pain.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:09 am

Dog got me up and I thought it was like one thirty in the morning nope it was 5:30. So I am up now. The parade has not started yet. I am sipping coffee as I think what to put on my list I need to get eggs to devil before Sat. Wishing you all in the U.S.A. a Happy Turkey Day!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:33 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Believe it or not, we are blocks from the parade and not going out for it. I think it’s crazy in a way, but otoh, we have made lots of holiday memories and a quiet morning may be good for us.

We had a full day yesterday. In the am/early afternoon we saw grand central station again and went to the holiday market there and also bought wine to take today. In the afternoon we went uptown and walked through Central Park then on to the balloon inflation area for the Macy’s parade. It was so neat! Many of the balloons were taking shape and recognizable, some had barely started inflation. There were police and barricades everywhere, very heavy security, and a lot of people, small kids, strollers and crowds. When we were done there, we had to walk a ways to an accessible subway station and go to the theatre/Times Square area dinner and a show with the White Plains cousins. We got back to the hotel we’ll plat eleven to collapse.

I’ve had 14k steps the last two days. Today we just have to walk a couple of blocks to the train station and dh’s cuz will pick us up at the train station.

I am still feeling the after affects of the cold I had, or conversely sick again. Mainly cough that just keeps giving and runny nose. Relaxing a bit will be good for me before the more intense social interaction later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:38 pm

Rolls turned out ok , bs is up so none for me.
Dd is running 15 min. Behind so leaving is delayed.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Yes, ditto for me, Happy Thanksgiving to all. Like a dummy sat out on the screened porch while dsisil smoked a cigarette. That's all it took! Now I'm very lightheaded.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:12 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all celebrating!

Kathryn - the visual change to your hair could be used on special occasions. I've seen little kids not recognize their own dad when they make a hair change like shaving the beard.

The community Thanksgiving Meal at church went well. We didn't have a huge crowd (about 70 people) so the food was plentiful. After spending much of the past month with my focus on them, I'm glad to have the multiple Thanksgiving meals over with.

DH has what he thinks is a kidney stone. **painful** He has had kidney stones before so he has implemented what worked before and is enduring the discomfort. I hate that this started at the beginning of a holiday weekend when the family doctor's office is closed for 4 days. There is zero chance I can talk DH into going to ER.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:30 pm

LadyM I can tell you that once a man looks down and sees blood in their urine, they usually decide it's time to go to the ER. I don't know what the highest pain killer is that you have in your home, but I've always gotten a shot of Demerol in my bottom when I did have a kidney stone.

We had pierogies for supper and dh also had a can of "chili beans" I had 1 single bean and I am certain that there was something spicy in them.

I took a car full of donations to a town south of us, including a few cans of various things. I did a partial sorting of my pantry yesterday, and it needs more work, but not today.

Had a nice time at the Guild today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:20 pm

We had a good time with family and the food was excellent too.
Bs was ok glad for that.
Tree and Christmas decor is up now yea!

Return to “Post When You Can”