FRIDAY FARE

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

FRIDAY FARE

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:27 am

Not "Black" Friday here. Going nowhere near any shopping stores -except perhaps online. And most of that I did when I was awake in the wee hours of yesterday morning.

Dh is busy putting in a new faucet in the kitchen sink. DD and I (and most likely the guys) will really appreciate that! The old (not so old unfortunately) had frozen in the middle of the sinks and we would have to pull out the spray nozzle to fill either sink & to rinse dishes. It's been a pain. He put in our new sink/faucet assembly in our bathroom on Wednesday. Oh how I love that! He took his Db in to see it yesterday & evidently it was the first dbil realized we have our own bathroom back there. :lol: Threw out some things and put other things in different storage spots so very little left under that sink.

Now to go through all the stuff he pulled out from under the kitchen sink. :? :roll: But first......have to go get the clothes from the dryer, fold and put away. At some point this week dh and I are going to clear all the 'pantry' shelves in the laundry room and do a 'redo'. Can't do it by myself as I only have my right arm to reach & get things down/put back up. Know we can make better sense out of it in there. We do have one large instant pot that I think we'll store out in the garage either in a rubber maid bin or plastic bag. Rarely if ever use it. I'm to blame for that purchase. :oops: We have the smaller one that we do use often. Then dsonil brought home a second air fryer from his Mom's this spring so have two of those. She spent many of her days spending $$$$$ on TV shopping. To the point she had about $50,000 in debt for those. :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: FRIDAY FARE

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:52 am

If I were to shop today it would be for a kitchen aid mixer, then no one else would get anything bc it would take up the funds! LOL!
[Might be one of the rarely used items.] I need to dig out the counters in one area in the kitchen. H. Is going to the tire store for air, and dd needs tires.
I need to take the totes back to the basement from decorating last nite.
Sheets need washed.
Sat. I will be using my Instant pot to do deviled eggs for the family gathering.
Last card is ready to go out in the mail.
I got stamps yesterday yea me!
We are trying to decide when to go look at the lites & dine out.
Soup is on the menu here.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:05 pm

I need to move away from the computer.

Done nothing yet this morning except have my breakfast.

Dh has someone coming for tea at 1:30. Then dd will drop off dgs to babysit while she sits in the car in our parking lot while dgd naps. She is to write her contribution to the annual family newsletter. I wrote mine last night. I was the first to get my contribution in. We'll have an early dinner at a restaurant and have invited ds to come too (and write his contribution while sitting with us!)

So tidying, getting my church service 100% finished (it is really close), and paperwork sorting are my top priorities. Vacuuming and dusting if I can. Oh, and sending an email about the outdoor Christmas tree lighting on Monday night. I need to get input on what we'll be doing.

I also have to cancel our dinner plans for Saturday night because we have the theatre (rebooked from last night since I thought we'd be at ds's but that got moved.)

I feel overwhelmed at the moment. Actually doing something will probably go a long way to remedying that!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:53 pm

Faucet finally installed. Now dsonil/dd are looking at the bottom of their new smoker. It was terribly noisy and she's on the phone with the P it B oss Company. Seems that the whole housing around the fan and the fan were all bent and L owe's put it together that way. Sounds like they'll remedy the situation. We'll see.

DD and I are going to P ublix in a little while. There are things we still need to get. Chances are at least the grocery store won't be busy. She went to A ldi's this morning and that was all but empty (of shoppers). There are some things on sale that we want to pick up, dsonil wants an order of wings today, and she has a $5 off coupon that expires tomorrow. So it's all good.

Put my meds up for 3 weeks today and did a LOL. That's all folded and put away. Gave one of my 4 med containers to dd so she could put up 2 weeks in 1. She's been getting hers out every morning (only recently started taking some). And sometimes she was mixing them up. There's one she has to take 2 of every day & she occasionally mixed those two.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:01 pm

Everyone here slept in this morning. In fact, the kids are still sleeping. I tucked them into their beds last night but didn't turn the internet off. I knew what they would do and was okay with them staying up late as long as they stayed in their beds.

DH kidney stone is still causing him pain this morning but he is finding some relief with his body in certain positions and the heating pad. We had some left-over prescription hydrocodone on hand that is taking the edge off the pain. I am making sure he has a steady supply of liquids next to him to drink.

Our calendar is free today. The only pressing thing is to take DGD8 to buy a birthday gift for a friend's party tomorrow. I would also like to get caught up again on SHE cards. I like the feeling I receive from accomplishing them.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:38 pm

I'm dressed.

Did a slipshod job on cleaning the kitchen.

I did a slipshod job of vacuuming the living room.

Dh has brought up all the Xmas decoration bins so they are dominating the living room now. I need to figure out where to store them. I think, probably, the dining room. I need them all up because I have 3 projects on the go at the moment that need something from a bin and rather than figure out which bin, I said bring them all up. The tree box remains downstairs. No idea when we'll put up the tree. The window lights need to go up this weekend. Which means I need to be in better shape than I am at the moment. Vacuuming was a bad idea as far as my back was concerned, even though it was slipshod work.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:40 pm

Hi!!

Dh said hi on FB this morning and asked if I wanted to join him on a trip to B est Buy. He knew that he wanted to get me a tablet, and told me that was his plan and that he had 1 1/2 hours booked off for lunch today, so he could go there. From the time we got into the parking lot until we got out of the parking lot was less than 25 minutes. The store was jammed. There was boxes of product everywhere. We were lucky enough to get someone to help us and then she rang up our purchase at a kiosk far away from the line up. We thanked her and got the heck out of there!

We are going out for soup tonight.

We are also going to a Lowes store in Niagara Falls to order the sub flooring for the kitchen and we are arranging delivery. Dh doesn't think his truck can take the load. I think we are getting 98 of these 2' x 2' pieces of plywood with channeled (?) backing. I don't know the proper term.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:52 pm

Tablet?

My love of all technology is intrigued. Which tablet did you get?

I have been looking at tablets for the kids. Their kindles are having all kinds of trouble keeping a charge. I've done the troubleshooting over and over and return for replacement without a long term solution. When I look at tablets for them I have a hard time ignoring the Kindles at a fraction of the cost of tablets. And now on Black Friday sale, the kindles are almost half the normal cost. Decisions....decisions.

I cooked lunch for everyone and have a plan for dinner. SHE card completion continues at a slow and steady rate.
1. Know what you want.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:13 pm

I didn't do any of the research on the best one, but dh decided to get me a Samsung Galaxy Tab A . I have never used one before, My geek dd is either impressed or sarcastic, if I read her text regarding which one dh bought. "Really? Wow!"

This one is a 10.5
Last edited by CathyS on Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:24 pm

Cathy - I have looked at that tablet over and over because the reviews are so good. It would be one of my top 3 picks if I was going to buy one for myself. I suspect you are going to love it! BWTG to your DH on his selection!

I decided to go with kindles for the kids. The prices are unbelievably low today. The case for them costs more than the tablets! I will either let them use the devices without cases or will find a better deal on the cases for them later.

Something that I find somewhat fascinating with the younger generation is that they will choose to use smaller screens even when bigger screens are available.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”