Saturday Sharing PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Saturday Sharing PWYC

Postby Harmony » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:16 pm

Do we have 2 PWYC Saturday's going?

We went out and got 2 little bottles of paint samples for 2 rooms of touchups. We brought back more paint charts to try again in the last 2 rooms. I tried the one in the family room, it is 'spot' on. I tried the one in the back green/blue bedroom and it is a tad light but close enough. If I don't point it out I doubt anybody will notice. The spots I'm covering are from all my woodworking refinishing I did back there. :oops:

We are trying again with the office / bath and the kitchen / family room / hall.

Sometime later I will try to match the pink bedroom. It is peach and the jar I had marked did not really match, the paint we had left must have darkened with age and heat. I do not have a sample from the wall or original paint can to use so this will be hard.

We did buy that washer. I probably should have looked at other models of SQs like Lady M was talking about. I did not know there were other models. I hope I did not do the wrong thing. I am nervous about it.

I have a LOL going now. Odd that today I noticed when I put the fabric softener (diluted) into that dispenser place it immediately emptied into the wash / dry laundry. Is that the stains I am getting? It smells pretty strong of the softener fragrance when it's done. So it's not rinsing out? Maybe. :roll:

Conversation on the way home from the store:
Me: Thank you for the washer.
DH: Thank you for doing all the laundry.
Me: Oh yeah 12 years of 100% of the laundry.
DH: And all the folding too.

:lol:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:42 pm

Quiet day here! We are at airport but flight doesn’t start boarding for almost an hour. I’m pleasantly surprised that things aren’t crazy here. So far no delays. Supposed to be home abt 10 pm Eastern time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:15 pm

Harmony wrote:Do we have 2 PWYC Saturday's going?

We did, thanks for pointing that out.

Nancy: I moved you into here because this had more posts, but now it shows that you started us off this morning.

It was a cheesy of us to ignore your start of the day!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:19 pm

I walked away from the computer and pressed dh into service to clean the windows and help me get the lights up. Which means he did the ladder work. So our half our window lights, the door wreath, and a few other items are up. The west-side lights have to wait because the sun would have been in our eyes while we put those up. So they are sitting in the rooms, but nothing done and likely won't get done until tomorrow night.

So, of the 8 bins of Christmas items, one will soon be ready to return to the storage room. We haven't received any Christmas cards yet. I wonder if this is the year that I won't have to come up with multiple ways to display them. I have two ribbons I usually staple them to and the ribbons go down the sides of the archway between the living and dining rooms.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:26 pm

Nancy - I am sorry that I didn't see your start this morning and I started a new thread. I was most definitely not on purpose!

Dfriend stopped by with his arms full of greens that he just harvested from the hoop house. I sm grateful for his sharing. DFriend then stayed and visited with DH for over 2 hours.

I am pleasantly surprised to have completed all the routinely SHE cards pertaining to house maintenance. That means I can add more cards now that I can stay up with the ones I already had in the rotation.

I have taken down/put up 24 window curtains. I took down the orange & brown curtains and replaced them with 2 shades of green and red curtains. These are super easy curtains to take down and put up.

I have some of the Christmas decorations done - the Christmas quilt is hanging, the wooden sled is in place, the Christmas table clothes on the 2 dining room tables, the advent wreath & candles are in place, and the stockings are hung. I'm not putting the tree up yet. I'll wait until both kids are here to hang the ornaments and decorations on it.

DGD8 just called to say they are leaving the birthday party and DD is bringing her back here. I'm monitoring DS11 location on google maps through the family link app.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:29 pm

I have gotten current on my newer planner, glad I did because the layout is new for me. Took me a bit to get used to it.
I have decided that rolls are not my "gift".
Jello might be LOL!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:26 pm

Mmm! I love Jello. Glad to have you here with us, Nancy!

I can't seem to get caught up. I'm sure trying. I spent a long while at my desk. BIG statement to sort out. Our credit card must have been smoking this month. Between Thanksgiving and 2 birthdays and starting Christmas and buying the refrigerator and porch furniture, yikes. Next month will be bad with the rest of Christmas and the washer. I'm glad every month isn't like these two are.

LOL hanging up. Did another. 4 towels. JUST FOUR. Clanging machine out of balance... and the towels didn't feel spun dry very much either. I don't think I'll miss this machine.

Put the paint on another couple spots, it dried perfect color. In the green bedroom the spot I tried also dried perfectly. New paint shines a bit more than older paint but in time that will blend better. DH went and got the other 2 sample bottles. Crossing my fingers.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:10 pm

In Detroit airport for flight back home. Alabama and Auburn game is on tv with auburn leading and 5 min to go. Thinking how excited Lucylee’s dgs must be!

I have no idea why we are flying through Detroit to get back south. :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:34 pm

Happy for LucyLee's team and the excitement of her family supporters.

Safe travel home to Twins and RR.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:55 pm

Thank you LM. So glad we are traveling today and not tomorrow.

Return to “Post When You Can”