Sunday 1 Dec PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Sunday 1 Dec PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:17 am

Or.....How in the heck did I wake up on 1 December?

What's on your mind today? What are your goals for the day? For the week? For the Year? For the Decade? (oooooops, didn't meant to scare anyone....)

Do Tell!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Sunday 1 Dec PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:36 am

I woke up on 1 December? I can't figure out how that happened to me? (sorry, but no, I don't feel like Sleeping Beauty! Perhaps I'm just

We were walking into the house last night at maybe 10:30 but I didn't go to sleep until at least 11:30. Ds was here, asleep on the couch, keeping ddog company. We were lucky no delays because this area had torrential rain and and T-storms last night. Still had a very hard rain when we got in but storm had moved through.

Today is unpack, regroup, plan the week, get it back together, come down from the holiday/travel/NYC high. We had a really enjoyable trip but it's always great to be back home.

Aaaaaaaand: Auburn beat Alabama last night too. Was that a dream? Everyone else in the SEC loves to see AL go down!

I need to finish coffee, throw on clothes and walk the ever patient dog.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, Twins'Mom.

I was in the middle of cuop and thought I would jump in to say hello before noon my time.

My days off of work at the library have zipped by but I'm feeling ok about home projects because I set my expectations really low. :)

DMom spent a few days in the hospital for tests but they finally let her out Thursday afternoon so she could join the family on the holiday. This time the problem appears to be something heart related, but they need to do more tests in the next few days to figure out exactly what's happening. In the meantime, she is staying at younger DSis's house because DMom agreed that it would be too worrying for everyone, including herself, to be by herself in her apartment.

Thursday was the first time in ages that all 4 of us sisters were together. After lunch but before DMom arrived, DSis pulled out some ancient photo albums and we had a great time looking at family photos from the 1960s. We even found one from a Christmas party with DMom's siblings and their families, with the adults nicely dressed and one DAunt quite the fashion plate. All of us little cousins lined up together in our cute outfits, looking like little angels even though I'm sure we had just been destroying DAunt's house playing our games. :lol: DSis took that particular photo out of the album to make copies to send to the rest of us.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:53 pm

I have great news dson's dinner was great last evening.
Dgd's new to her flute was a hit, she got a bit of instruction from her cousin who used it last.
I slept in till 7:30.

Sheets are back on the bed. Last load in the dryer.
Tky. Bre - ast is in the crockpot.
Kitchen sm elks great, the butter ball turky breast had a rub on it was in an oven bag that I removed bc I do
Not like to cook in plastic products.Then read the directions for oven, none for crock pot I am just winging it.

I have been looking at Kitchen Aid mixers opions welcome do you have one is it the professional model? Do you use it?
Do you like it?
Do you have other atchments fot it?
Do you use them?
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:13 pm

DECADE???? :o :shock: :? Guess you're right, Twins!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi Nancy and Bookie!

Nancy, I do use my KitchenAid Mixer although I'm not sure what I have is "professional" model. It says "Classic" on the side. It's a bit of a bear to get out because it's down low in a cabinet and heavy but I do use it for heavy duty mixing when I need it, and dd borrows it often as well. Mine has a dough hook which I've never used because I use the bread maker. I do use the whipping attachment for whipped cream and meringue and such. I don't use it that often because I don't bake much now but it is invaluable when I need a mixer because it's hands free to add ingredients or step away for a second.

I've been working my way through a.m. routine. Walked dog, then walked back up the way because a middle school neighbor had a "pop up" hot chocolate and cookie stand. I didn't want to partake of course, but I wanted to support him. I've emptied my bag, put things away and started a load of laundry.

Bookie, it's fun to review the old photos. I'm feeling a bit melancholy about the holiday season with my siblings and now mother gone. Ddad has been gone 20 years, but then he was 15 years older than mother.

-----------------

Didn't get posted...read the paper and had some lunch. Going to work on kitchen counters next and empty the dishwasher.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:50 pm

We made it to church on time and enjoyed the service. The attendance was really down this week. Was it because of the holiday? Deer hunting season? Bedlam game yesterday? Not accepting the new preacher? The weather? Who knows. I guess time will tell.

DH continues to endure kidney stone discomfort. I would be screaming in pain and rolling on the floor. Not DH. He just continues to go about his routine. The signs he is suffering are obvious to me but only because I know him so well. I will be on the phone when the family doctor's office opens up in the morning. I am hoping they will be able to work him in.

DMom is becoming confused again. She can't remember what day it is. She calls people by the wrong name. She has experienced this before and it got better after a time. Hopefully, DMom will become clear thinking again. I am thankful for DSis who is doing the majority of DMom care since she lives there now.

I really want to become a menu planner. I used to do it well but I quit and now find it a huge challenge to restart.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:15 pm

I have been trying to see what is good for me. I am ready to be back here. Thank Goodness!
I haven't done any work yet. dd older is home and still feels yucky but not in severe pain anymore. thank goodness.
I bought my Christmas cards, jingle bells on a thin leather strap that you hand on a door for st. nicholas day for dd's, I also bought 2019 ornaments for them as well. I will put that in the shoes on Dec. 6 as dd older will be driving home for the Christmas carol play on the 7th.
I also bought a new christmas tree stand today. I figure that one of the girls can have this one (if they want) once we stop having a real tree.

I have not done a lick of dailies - so off I go... have a wonderful day everyone.
dinner making first - roasted winter veg, chicken breasts, dd younger wants mashed sweet potatoes (all I have to do is bake those), green beans

enjoy your evening
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Happy December everyone! I just lost a perfectly brilliant post ;) because every one in a while we get a little power outage for a second or two and the computer shuts down. It starts right back up again but with the hugest icons you've ever seen and I spent some time adjusting that and restarting. Let's see what I can remember.

Church was lovely today, the decorations were up and are beautiful. Everybody is liking this minister. His services are lively and fun and engaging. I find myself enjoying them and learning things like I haven't in several years.

LadyM, I'd hoped your DH would be feeling better by now.
Nancy, I've never had a KA mixer because they are so big. I've noticed in the past couple years they now have a smaller version and if I got one I'd get that one. After all, we're not professional bakers, we're homemakers! :lol:

I did my usual Sunday things around here, brought in a couple LOL, tidied up a bit, got garbage gathered. I started decorations. Was working away and DH heard me and came outside to help. With his help we got the lights across the front in the bushes and the star hung on the arbor. It's not perfect but it's pretty. I have to remember, my house won't be on National TV for that lights competition!

We're still eating leftovers. Absolutely awesome turkey sandwiches for lunch the past 2 days. This evening the rest goes into the freezer.

Sorry to read about Booksaver's Mom and LadyM's Mom not feeling well. Illnesses are particularly bad during the holidays, don't you think?

Welcome back Blessed. We know you've been working away down in the weekly thread.

Want to recommend anyone who missed it to look at the last post on Friday, where KittyKat gave a wonderful tip about burned-on pans. I'm sure going to try that on mine, and hope Lucylee saw that too.

Getting back to work here...maybe get down the inside decorations next.

Oh, I've been missing Harriet. It's not like her to be away this long. I hope everything is ok in her household.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:55 pm

December already??? This year did slip by quickly, didn't it?!

I've taken an easy day for myself, not doing much of anything except meals and dog care. I really feel like taking a nap, but it's too late in the day now; I don't want to be awake in the middle of the night.

We got up early this morning to have morning routine of breakfast, straighten bedroom and make beds, feed and walk dMinnie then set up computer with tv to watch church. This morning, first Sunday of the month, was communion; We always try to participate by having a cracker and a separate sip of water or coffee. I've straightened up my "desk", going through bills for this month I've received and filing some papers in their proper folders. I've also started my answer to a letter.

CUOP...Twins, happy for you that you had a enjoyable time in NY and made it home safely.
Dee, so glad you found your fitbit and didn't have to replace it.
Nancy, I'm glad you had a nice dinner with dson.
Lady M, (((Hugs))) for your dmom. (((Hugs)))for dh; he's very stoic!
BookSaver, sorry that your dmom had to be in hospital. Wonderful that you and dsisters could be together and enjoy the old photos.
Harmony, I'm sorry you had to replace your clothes washer so soon after getting a new refridgerator. One never knows when they will give out. Nice to hear that your paint colors are working!
?? Who else...I don't remember any more of what I've read.

We are not doing much holiday decorating this year. All my decorations are packed up in storage. I did find a crocheted round white circle that fits on the coffee table. I bought a few ornaments and have them arranged like a small village on there. Dcousin's Christmas tree is up in the front corner of the dining room, so that probably will be it, unless I find something for the front door. I'm not spending a lot of money for here as ddil has tons of decor for their house and I probably won't be able to use much of ours there.

I guess it's time to think about getting supper started. Dson sent us home on Thanksgiving with enough food for a few meals each and I think there's enough for one more tonight.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”