Sunday 1 Dec PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sunday 1 Dec PWYC

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:57 pm

Worst turkey yet! That Butterball turkey breast had a rub on it SO salty and some kick to it not my cup of tea. H. Liked it. :roll:
I had to put it in the oven to get it to finish. Thumbs down.
No where on the outside packaging did it say it had a rub on it.
The gravey packet took forever to cook and never really did thicken I followed the directions.
So salty! I never say that!
If you had younger kids this would not be something they would like.
I think they are going to be getting feed back from me.
Looked at the reviews I am not alone in my viewpoint on this product.

I had to eat piue 1st bc I had already had my insulin. Wondering if my crock pot is not functioning properly.
H. Sliced it beautifully for later sandwiches or what ever next week.
This might be good if you grilled it and that was the plan not for tky day week.

I cleaned up put food away and have rinsed of or am soaking the others I will finish them up later.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Hi!

Our day started with an ice storm. Dh worked on the floor for at least 4 hours. Just as he was standing up and saying he was going to rest for a couple of hours the power went out. It stayed out for 4 hours and 37 minutes. (I had just glanced at the clock as we were losing power, and then I had to reset the microwave and stove when it came back on. 11:59 to 4:36) We had the fireplace going full for most of that time. Dh is worried about pipes freezing when it's cold out.

Dh decided to drive to a store to get some bread and apples to add to the leftover chicken from last night. Just as he was turning the corner to come home from doing this the power came back on.

There is just one strip of subfloor to put down, but it's between the last part and the wall. There was a discussion regarding a battery power saw while the power was out. Right now he is watching a football game.

LadyM your dh is doing great at managing the pain. I would have been over at the emergency dept before a few hours of that pain had gone by. Partly because a shot of Demerol really helps!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:22 pm

I am praying for your d mom d book!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:23 pm

the chicken wasn't great but the roasted veggies were; green beans were good too.
I have a little bit of mashed potatoes left from thanksgiving
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:28 pm

Incredibly successful day. But a bit exhausting.

Got to the church on time. Took a moment before going in to listen to the Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy duet with David Bowie and Bing Crosby. It started just as we pulled up there on Wednesday and we went inside. It started just as we pulled up again today (same village) and so I insisted we listen to it through. I wanted to figure out if I could sing it with dh. Not sure I can go low enough for the tenor part and I know I can't sing it an octave higher.

After church we went to dd's for their Christmas Open House. Dgs was going stir crazy because his parents couldn't spend time with him and he couldn't 'help' set up. He was thrilled to see us, opening the door and waving madly to us while we were still in the car! They knew I couldn't come early as I usually do, but another friend had seen me say that on FB so offered to come. Then he had a bike accident on the way there. Dd offered to drive him somewhere but he insisted he'd take care of himself. We really like this man so the second I heard, I said can we go get him and take him somewhere? I was assured he'd be too stubborn for that.

The party was lovely. I knew most of the people there either from previous years or FB.

We left at 3 to go buy a car seat (our Black Friday sales continued.) I went to the specialty shop which was able to confirm the only one they carried that would fit rear-facing in my car was the one I already had installed from dd. The salesman carried it out so we could compare it to dd's and there was no way it would fit in my car at all and still be able to drive the car without the driver's seat too close to the airbag. So we ended up at T.R.U. and got one a bit less expensive that does more stuff. It is also smaller and feels lighter. Picked up a gift too.

Then to get a sale package of ornaments for tomorrow night. And finally the grocery store.

Dinner is momentarily.

Twins, our news was about the storms. Glad you got home yesterday.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:44 pm

Kitchen Aid mixers opions welcome do you have one is it the professional model? Do you use it?
Do you like it?
Do you have other atchments fot it?
Do you use them?

I do have a kitchen aid mixer and love it. I keep 3 appliances on my countertops and the KA mixer is one of them. I used a hand-held mixer for the first 30 years (or so) of our marriage. I went through about 5 handheld mixers in that 30 years because they would burn/wear out. But I admit to loving the KA mixer because it seems there is nothing it can't handle.

Cost wise I don't know where the break-even point would be. Does buying 5 held-held mixers = one KA mixer? But neither mixer type would be cost-effective if they weren't used.

I remember when we first looked at this house and the previous owner had her KA mixers lined up in the pantry. I think my mouth probably dropped when I saw them. I commented something about the various colors of mixers and she talked about using them all when she made holiday meals. I still think about that conversation because I am fascinated by how organized a person would be to utilize multiple KA mixers at the same time.

The kids requested Ramen noodles for supper. Since I don't have a menu plan that's what I made them. DH arrived home with Hot Cocoa for the kids. Feeding the kids a healthy meal wasn't even close.

DH went to a local farm and got instructed on feeding 9 colts for a friend this week. It seems a large percentage of the people I know are going to the National Final Rodeo in LV this week.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Want to recommend anyone who missed it to look at the last post on Friday, where KittyKat gave a wonderful tip about burned-on pans. I'm sure going to try that on mine, and hope Lucylee saw that too.
Just a "She" note here. I did start a 'new' thread over in Shes in the Kitchen, titled, TIPS FOR SHES HOMEMAKING -UNDER SHE'S IN THE KITCHEN. Feel free to post any tips you find or might have over there.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:48 pm

LadyM: this is for your ds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcBn04IyELc

Anyone else who likes Beethoven is welcome to check out the link too!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:02 pm

Kathryn, I am soooooo glad we had planned to get home last night. We dodged a bullet, I’m afraid this would not have been a good travel day at all. I was pleasantly surprised at how well everything went last night.

Today also gave me re entry time. I’ve puttered, put things away and started the laundry routine and generally feel good about the week.

This is a crazy busy week so some planning time was welcomed. I finally got the kindle version of the bullet journal book and I’ve spent some time getting it started in the same notebook I’ve been using.

Tomorrow I have my mammogram at 2 pm.

While away, I had a second round of a slightly different cold virus. I’ve rounded a corner on that, but had a couple of nights of very poor sleep because of the cough. I also suffered a very uncomfortable round of motion sickness. Dcousins wanted us to stay later on thanksgiving day so they were taking us back to Manhattan instead of going to the train earlier. I moved to the front seat 10 min into the ride but was beyond miserable the whole trip, and still pretty puny in the morning.

I so want to stay healthy going forward.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:14 pm

Dh is working on the last bit of subflooring. I feel bad that he's still at it after 8 at night on a Sunday, but he did have 5 hours "off" thanks to the power outage.

He brought in a huge load of wood earlier and we are just putting the last log on the fire now.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”