Monday Meteorology

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Monday Meteorology

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:03 pm

hi d cathy and hi d nancy.

ordered some groceries as I found out that this week will be a bit crazy. just got er done.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:34 pm

Back from mammogram and grocery trip. They are very efficient at this mammogram center. I need to call my old doc and let me know I'm changing docs. I've posted about it before but I just can't bring myself to do it. The new doc is now in the hospital records so I should let me know before she finds it somehow.

Many people I know use Venmo.

I need to head out in a few to walk dMuffin in the cold again. I have 6300 steps so far.

bw2, I tried to anticipate what I would need in the week. I typically go on Wednesday but needed to go today.

Where is Harriet?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Twins' Mom wrote:I've posted about it before but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I think we've all been there, done that! Keep posting until it gets done!

I've been working away and emptied another bin. I also dusted the living room and put up all the winter paintings.

Dh helped me take 3 bins downstairs. That leaves 5 up in the way. Two are Tree Items, one is Dining Room, one is Nativity Sets and the last one is wrapping paper and cards. That one stays up for the whole season. It will end up in our bedroom at some point or maybe on the treadmill.

I have the following to do today:

1. pay a bill (let's not make the same mistake twice in a month!)
2. vacuum the living room (this has to be done as I shift things out of the way.)
3. hang up the laundry to dry
4. boil water for this evening and put in thermoses.
5. start another load of laundry, fold the load in the dryer.

I need to be downstairs around 6:30 so I have an hour. We will eat dinner after since I'm not hungry now. We'll probably just go out for burgers.

Tomorrow my goal is to get nativity scenes out and the dining room, first pass, done (it gets refreshed throughout the season.)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:43 pm

H. Is off early it is slow today at his work.
I cut off a shirt and hemmed & pressed it, but before I did I had to repair the sewing machine. It is working fine now. :mrgreen:

Bs is up bc of the sniffles I have. Drat!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:38 pm

ate dinner and now for clean up.
time to undo dishwasher - I think.
fed dog but not cats yet.
emptied dw and filled with just a few dishes
washed pot i cooked the chicken in

tomorrow minestrone soup - using stock I made today , tomato carpaccio

where does the time go?
time to vacuum the kitchen
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:05 pm

Kathryn, checks here are getting rarer and rarer. Most people I know pay bills through their computer. A lot of people get their bills online and the charges are automatically deducted from their accounts. I didn't set my stuff up that way. I still get paper bills, but I pay a lot of things through the computer. However, I go in and set the amount and date to pay. I feel more comfortable with that. Lots of people have everything deducted from their credit card and they have 1 check a month to pay. Most don't get paper statements either and don't reconcile their accounts. I still get paper because I'd have to print for the CPA anyway, and I still reconcile.

I'm sure glad I'm not in Boston tonight. Or the Philippines. We are getting cooler, but I can't complain about the 60's!

I'm finally getting the house together. Washed all the pie containers / covers. I have most of the laundry done and I ironed the guest bedroom set and remade that bed. I appreciated not having to do that at the last minute when I was prepping for the holiday. I sorted out the plastic container drawer which was all jumbled up so now that's all organized again. It was hard to deal with that on Thursday with all the leftovers. I must remember to do that ahead when I'm having a big meal like that.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:49 pm

Home from 4 hours of errands. I went to the city to get 3 prescriptions our family doc called in for DH. One of the prescriptions was for a replacement CPAP mask. We have done this replacement a couple of times a year for several years, but this time it was a big-dang-deal because medicare has changed its rules. Now it requires about a dozen pieces of paper to be filled out by the doctor. Crazy. ANYway, that is in the process and will eventually happen but I came home without the CPAP mask. DH is now taking 2 prescriptions to encourage the kidney stone to exit his body naturally.

I brought fast food home with me to serve for supper. Another day without a meal plan. *sigh*

DD canceled taking DGD8 to get a hair cut so DH picked DGD8 up from school while I was in the city. DGD8 was in her bed curled up asleep when I arrived home so I woke her up to eat.

DMom was clear thinking today. I am thankful.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:06 pm

Brrrr.... the weather here is cold, (36) and getting colder (looks like low tonight may hit 29)! And it looks VERY cloudy outside, but no rain predicted until Thursday night -- and that will be just great... NOT.

Thursday night, for the very first time ever, our little Tiny Town is having a big deal with a "Tinsel Trail" all around our old courthouse square.
We have an old courthouse, built circa 1930? I guess, and it sits up on a hill in the center of downtown. But a few years ago, the Powers that Be decided it was too expensive to update it, and they tore down our ancient movie theater and built a new courthouse. The old one just sits empty all the time now. There are still some hopes of renovating it and using it for some of the county offices, but so far, it's just sad. Our whole town square is in bad shape, especially since a major fire wiped out several businesses last spring.
Anyway -- My cousin, the one I talk about all the time and call Martha Stewart, just idly posted on FB one night last winter, that she wished we had a big tree lighting in downtown. (This is the cousin who is a little younger than ds and has three kids under 10 years old, and is just involved in something all the time!)
WELL... from there, it all went POOF, and all these people got excited and started having meetings and now we have a big tree of lights, you know, the kind that is just wires on a pole... an 8-ft wreath hanging on that courthouse... a Radio Flyer wagon that is the size of a large flatbed farm trailer... a bunch of wooden cutouts for photo stations... and ONE HUNDRED trees that people and organizations are decorating for whatever theme they choose. Of course, dcousin is right in the middle of it all, and it's very exciting. :D So Thursday is the opening night. There are going to be singers and "Elsa" and "Anna" (high school girls, I imagine, dressed as the Frozen characters) are making an appearance, and ddil thinks dgd will be sooo excited.
DH says: Auburn is playing basketball that night. I'm not missing that! Isn't the parade the very next night?"
It may be that ds and even dgs stay at home to watch the game and we girls go see Elsa. DGS can see the lights Friday at the parade.
But if this weather forecast is correct, we may all have to wait till Friday.

Today has been long and frustrating, to match the weather. Metaphorically, I'm kinda slogging through the mud.
DH got me going early with a lot of computer mess... ordering Braves tickets for summer, making hotel reservations, etc. Computer was sooo sooo slow I just about lost my mind.
Then he tells me next week will be more of the same, once the Bowl invitations go out and we know where we are going for New Year's.
It just makes me tired, but OTOH, I know I will enjoy the trips, and I know dh is right -- if we put off stuff like this, we miss out on the seats we want or the hotel we want, etc etc etc.
I know planning ahead and taking action IS truly the best course of action... but ugh. I'm lazy.

So glad your dmom is having a good day, LadyM, and ooohhh... I do hope LordM gets some relief from the kidney stone soon! I just can't imagine the pain, nor how he is staying so active despite it!

Talking about computers and $$$ -- ds does a lot of online banking -- takes pictures of checks to make his deposits, etc. And dbro and dmom have almost all their bills on auto-pay. I'm just not comfortable with all that, and dh even less so. I still pay all our bills by check, and like Harmony -- I still reconcile a paper statement every month.

(((Nancy))) Hope you feel better soon!

Yes -- where IS Harriet???
HARRIET -- we miss you!!!

I must get busy. I have a load of laundry in the washer that needs to be dealt with, and supper dishes are still on the counter. I jumped at the chance to get on the computer while dh was napping.
LOL -- we are both dragging today because we stayed up all night re-watching the ballgame from Saturday! :lol: We are crazy around here.

But sad news yesterday from College Town -- one of our biggest football heroes ever, our first Heisman trophy winner, Pat Sullivan, passed away yesterday. He was only a year older than dh -- 69 -- and had battled throat cancer some years ago, and was still dealing with the effects of that, including having to have a feeding tube. He was really an outstanding person, on and off the field. He had been an assistant coach at Auburn, and head coach at Samford University, a smaller college here in Alabama, and at Texas Christian University. So Saturday's joy has been tinged a little little with this loss for the college family.

Maybe I'll be back later, maybe I won't. Only the shadow knows. Tis the season, I guess.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:14 pm

The tree lighting was such a happy event!

We had 50 people. We expected 15. The outside bit was fun and the inside decorations were a huge success.

Everyone brought ornaments and the ones I bought were unneeded. Someone brought a gingerbread house for children to decorate.

We served hot chocolate and cookies.

Dh and I are at supper now. I just dumped everything inside the door and we head out. I wasn't hungry but the chicken nuggets went down easily. I had a carrot before the event so was able to just have 3 cookies.

Now to head home to bed.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:20 pm

Lucylee... I’m old enough that I saw Pat play in real time at the University of Tenn. we are both the same age. Same with Archie Manning :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”