Tuesday Turn the Tables

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tuesday Turn the Tables

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:20 pm

Oh my gosh - this tuesday - turn the tables is for me. lol d book - that was perfect... nothing to see here either. (unfortunately so is do the floors 8-) :D
we have been super muddy here.

hello d kathrn!

hello d lady! I am glad you slept well.

hello d nancy! feel better

hello d rose! oh my gosh you were so busy yesterday!!

hello d elizabeth! oh I am sorry. how old is N? hope she is okay. Good you put your foot down and stopped going any farther or you would have been in more trouble. I am sorry this happened.

hello d Harriet!! thank you so much for starting us! It's always a joy to see your writing. It gives me so much joy.
hope your dh's dentist appointment goes easy! Then we can see his brilliant smile again!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:27 pm

Good morning! I am much less frazzled now than I was yesterday and the day before. After Sunday's parking debacle in previous post, I am afraid to move my camper, because I may never be able to get it back in the yard. My Christmas present to myself is going to be camper driving/parking lessons. If I don't, I will have a very expensive playhouse, and I don't have any small children.

At payroll, I am running the three sets of monthly reports. Some of that is just waiting, so I am here. I will also do some training videos.

Tonight, DD17 is coming and will probably be doing homework. That is ok, because I have a lot of work to do myself. Here is what needs to be done, in no particular order:
  • Call RV driving instructor
  • Call gastro doc
  • Animal org minutes for past two meetings
  • Password updates
  • Download and install a program I received as a gift
  • Bills & Budget, including order some Christmas items and paying a seldom used credit card
  • Cook gravy that came with turkey (we used GF in camper)
  • Cook chicken
  • Email catchup (work and home)
  • Remaining camper stuff
    • Put down the feet and check level
    • Remove remaining items (must not forget to double check food)
    • Set up dehumidifier
    • Find crochet

In answer to blessedw2's question, N is 53 years old and an experienced hiker. However, I realized Sunday that all her experience was with her late husband. I doubt she ever had to figure out routes or find the way back to camp. They took pride in going "off the beaten path". I, on the other hand, will never leave the beaten path again. PHOOEY ON ADVENTURE!!!
Last edited by Elizabeth on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:31 pm

dh has the stomach flu but dd older is feeling a bit better. She was still really sick yesterday but not as bad as Saturday. (thank Goodness).

My mom is doing really well. (and is a bit cocky about it - it's amazing the difference - I think her panic attacks about perfection is her achilles heel. She is also a huge hypochondriac. I think dd younger should move out but that is going to be a discussion. Dd won't be able to move back in if mom needs. (which will happen). Now mom is doing really well memory wise - it won't last but her health is good again right now- it's never bad but she goes down that road her whole world falls apart and she thinks she is dying. - I do think that when she knows someone else is there she gives up all responsibility for her own happiness and memory. She doesn't think she was bad before. She says it's bc she had an attitude change. Here's hoping but that's okay if it goes back. . But I can't change anything - so just enjoy the moment and go with the flow the great/good moments.

time to get dressed and do the floors. It's like the outside has come into our first floor. ;)

d elizabeth - you are a good friend. so glad you were there.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:05 pm

I call 911, but don't know where we are except that at least we can see the camp, so I can tell them something useful. They get a fix on the phone and send sheriff and ambulance. Eventually they find us.

OH MY! Elizabeth! What an experience. Camping life is certainly an adventure. I'm glad everyone is okay.

When I finally learned to back up with a trailer it was done by myself. I couldn't learn when someone was guiding me because it felt too stressful. I kept paying attention to them instead of using my own eyes to see the direction the trailer was going and focusing on which way my front wheels were turned. I had to think through the steps needed and which way the steering wheel needed to be turned At first, I repeatedly got out of the vehicle to look at which way my wheels were turned and the angle of the trailer. Eventually, my confidence grew until I was capable of putting a trailer within an inch or so of the spot I wanted. All this to say......you will get there! Backing a trailer is a learned skill.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:28 pm

LadyMaverick: At this point, I do not have the confidence to work it through myself. If I have another failure, it will be catastrophic. I can pay someone to ride with me until I get my nerve back. I am confident that I can do it. However, I had a serious, significant setback and would mentally benefit from help.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Elizabeth, I'm not guaranteeing this, but I remember DH telling me to grab the bottom of the steering wheel and turn it in the direction you want the trailer to go. We had a boat and until recently a utility trailer. I'm not good at backing stuff either. What an experience you had! I'm glad it wasn't you who fell, but I'm sorry for your friend. Maybe she learned a lesson.

Nice to see Harriet here. I've missed you. How was your holiday?

I'm a day ahead of you with my tables. As I gathered up things to wash, I washed the round table skirt topper (where Christmas tree went) and long table runner where the nativity and white tablecloth went. Cleaning and decorating the dining room table took care of that surface. However, presently my countertop in Kitchen is rather bad with a Christmas project all over it. We are making another gift.

Usual stuff done. I cleaned and organized 2 bottom kitchen cabinets (had to put back all the paper plates / napkin stuff from the holiday). I did a shelf in the pantry and the bottom left cabinet of my china cabinet. So that's good progress.

I have some ironing to do next, easy stuff just pillowcases.

Blessed, sure hope your family members all feel better soon. And your Mom stays healthy.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:02 pm

Glad you are safe and healthy, Elizabeth! That was quite a read!

I'm progressing too slowly now for some reason. Perhaps because I took a half dose of meds. Perhaps I'm just tired from all the excitement yesterday.

Dh just showed up with the first draft of the newsletter so I will edit next.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:44 pm

hello d kathryn!

hello d harmony yay on your work d harmony!
thank you!

hello d lady!

worked on laundry room - boy with d old dog it gets muddy.
dishes going to be washed
after lunch wash the kitchen floor again after vacuuming it.

I don't have to make dinner tonight as dd younger is going out with friends and dh is sick. I might cut up all the veggies for the minestrone soup tomorrow

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:53 pm

Oh my Elizabeth. What an experience. Yeah, I'd stay on the trail with this friend if she hikes in the future with you! Glad it was nothing worse than a broken bone, although a leg break in a hoarder house is another accident waiting to happen. So glad you and dd were okay. IKWYM about backing a trailer. When I had a Hobie cat I seldom had to trailer it but oh my I hated having to back it. I think I would find Harmony's dh's advice even more confusing!

I'm being somewhat unproductive today - piddling a little, working a little. We don't really decorate much for Hanukkah. I put our electric menorah on the table between the two rocking chairs on the front porch and I put the wooden cut out star of David with our initial on the front door. Moved menorahs around inside and added some little gold dreidels. Ordered gelt. I have a five candle table decoration with a wooden well around it, which I decorate seasonally. I need to dig the acorns and sweet gum balls out and add dreidels and maybe wash the candle holders. Have made two phone calls to set up appts - one for garage door check, and another for appt for doc who writes antidepressant script for me.

DD is supposed to be back in the US late this afternoon and will take the shuttle from ATL to here. I think she's due to be here around six, but I'm sure she will let me know when she's in ATL. It will take at least a couple of hours home from there. Dh has called twice to quiz me about what flight she is on (I don't know) and when she she gets in (likewise.) :lol:

I'm so sorry your family is sick bw2!

still on my list:
---card with photo of dmom to assisted living place
---write on case study and process NYC research

There is a new business here called "Women Repair Zone" that has workshops for women that teach repair, home improvement and auto maintenance tasks. (Or, how to do things Elizabeth figures out on her own.) I am considering doing a carpentry workshop next week on making a cutting board. Chance to use jigsaw, orbital sander and drill. Debating myself on it...it's such a busy time of the year but...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:05 pm

I got a mixer blue 5 qt. Tilt head one. Wanted that size so hopefully bread would not lug it down, and so I could do double batch of cookiues w grands. Tax was $25. 00 forgot about that. Spent way to much time yesterday looking at tbem.
I may still order a glass bowl for it this one is stainless. I did see a pl astice one but did not get it.
:idea:
Hot sauce helped my stuffy head.
Food is unloaded and put away.
Happy store run ius done.
Snow has melted here.

Return to “Post When You Can”