Tuesday Turn the Tables

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Tuesday Turn the Tables

Postby CathyS » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi!

I was up early and doing paperwork for accountant. Not well, as it turned out. I had to erase quite a few rows in one column because I had done the math backwards or something.

Packed up what I thought I needed to take with me. Then I drove to the mall beside accountants office. Had a wonderful lunch in the food court. ("Bourbon Street chicken with steamed rice.) I ate as much as I could and then worked on more paperwork. The food court wasn't busy and I had a table for 2 in a corner to insure my own need for privacy. Dh called to ask me to pick him up a large sub on my way home. Then I called accountant to see when he wanted me to come over. I left the mall shortly after that. Drove for less than a minute to get to accountant's office and got the spot right in front of his door.

Had a very productive meeting with him. Drove back towards home. Stopped at Costc o and they were not too busy. Stopped and got dh's sub after that and then made my way home. Unloaded car and sat at computer and here I am.

Thankful that Elizabeth got home safely.

So... I have had my supper, even though it was at lunchtime. Dh's supper is on the table waiting for him. They toast the sub, so it was still quite warm when I got home and I didn't want to put it in the fridge. He should be home soon.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:58 pm

DD checked in with me about 30 min ago, and was waiting for the 4:15 shuttle. She will let me know her ETA here so I can get her. I offered to take her out to dinner to she suggested I spring for a pizza for her and let her go home and eat it in bed.

I took care of the note I needed to write, walked the dog, and took her outside to put the stuff in her ears and brush her. Earlier I swept up enough dog fur to make a sweater.

I am seeing the utility of the Bullet journal. I just started a list for the "Deviled Egg Platter" method of Research. Your deviled egg platter only has enough room for so many deviled eggs. If there are twelve slots in your platter you can have twelve research projects going at one time. If you only have room for six, that's it. If you want something else on the platter, something has to be put away. 8-)

I'm feeling at loose ends waiting to hear from dd and go pick her up.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:23 pm

I'm in serious trouble. The RV driving instructor in Home Metro Area was only teaching up through 12/1/2019. Now what?

ETA: What can I do? Get my booty into my car and drive that travel trailer round and round till I get it right, that's what. DD17 won't have any homework over the school break, or, if she does, she will still be at my house in a crisis. I have added the following to my DayRunner: tow practice 12/21 through 12/25. Yep, every day. Those are all days that DD will be there. I may also schedule tow practice on the 28th and 29th, when she is not there (depends on how it is going). Spring break is late March/early April. I can work on it every single weekend that DD is with me until then.

Oh wait! There are two other weekends in December that I will have DD as well. Added tow practice to my DayRunner for 12/7, 12/8, 12/14, and 12/15. I could start on Tuesdays and Thursdays because she is at my house, but maybe daylight will be better at first. I may not be able to hire an instructor for Christmas, but I can open Elizabeth's Own Driving School.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 pm

Elizabeth - if you know of any farmers or ranchers they are experts at maneuvering trailers. The problem would be can they teach it or just do it.

DD picked up DGD8 from school and got her hair cut. ~~~~waving goodbye to a foot of hair ~~~~~ I am so very hopeful her shoulder-length hair won't tangle so bad now. After years of refusing to cut her hair, DGD8 is thrilled with the new length. Win-Win!

I've been working my way through SHE cards and making good progress. 71 cards completed today. Slowly....oh so slowly.....I am adding maintenance for parts of the house that have been ignored. The first time they are cleaned it takes some time, but it becomes quicker when routinely repeated.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:27 pm

Traffic is horrible for dd. She is to let me know when they get closer so I can go after her. I went upstairs and finished up my 9K steps on the treadmill. I was about 400 short yesterday so hopefully I'll make that up before bedtime tonight. DH came through and went on to bowling.

Whoops, leaving now!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:23 pm

I took the nativity scene bin to the locker and picked up my second winter wreath. Checked on the tree in the lobby and the lights came on when it got dark, so the timer is working. The lights will go on for 7 hours when it senses dark so off between 11:15 and midnight.

We had an early dinner and then went out to a presentation on the next stage of the LRT. This was for the area beyond us. Our presentation is next week.

When I got back, I decorated the second wreath and put in on the inside of the door. It looks much better than what was hanging there (a white latch-hook angel on the cream door - nothing much to look at!) The angel has been moved to the hook we tie the tree to. After the tree is up, I'm not sure where she'll end up. Perhaps back in the locker in the basement!

The dining room is now fully finished and that bin is waiting by the door to be returned to the locker.

I will get offline now and work with pen and paper to organize my day tomorrow and then read until bedtime. Really hoping for lights-out by 9:30 tonight so I can switch to earlier days (I'm getting out of bed past 7:30 lately.)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:56 pm

I have to say how grateful I am for this board. Especially todays po st prompted me to pay attn to the table and I was not overly embaresed when dson stoppoed by wth a dish and my plant! Thanks Harriet and everyone.

Dinner is over.
Dishes are in the dishwasher it is going now.
I'm learning the controls on my mixer.

Elizabeth h is a trucker said to find a secondary road with out much traffic, to drive on, pratice using mirrors, and figuring out
Where you are on the road with both sides that have lines on the roads.

I learned to drive truck 18 wheeler doing kaps at a truck stop (depot). You can do it. Industrial area might be good to pratice on. .
Maybe some one in a rv club might have pointers there are groups here that have meetings in the winter here they just go in cars.
Maybe google or u tube has info.

Look on outdoorsy blog tips for towing a travel trailer. I cannot get it to copy the link.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:45 am, edited 6 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Elizabeth, you are such an example for us! We should all have your confidence and ability to learn new things. I was going to suggest finding an empty parking lot where you can go slow and practice.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:29 am

Elizabeth — you go, girl! Wow! What a weekend... but I’m glad no one was seriously injured and boy — ditto what Twins said! You are such an example of how to get up and go at it again!

Harriet!!! I am so glad to see you back!!!

All is right with the world now! :)

My Christmas tree is sitting on a towel in front of the window, naked, LOL! I will try to put lights on it tomorrow. Dh has his doubts that it can bd moved if it is fully decorated... “not without breaking all the ornaments,” he says.
Well first, most of our ornaments aren’t even breakable. :p
I have come to the conclusion that my Christmas decor is basically “Poor People Plastic, Circa 1980.” I have a lot of pretty much cheap stuff that dh will never discard because it’s our traditional stuff. Sigh.

Anyway... I’m making progress.
Tonight Dh and I went to a movie — Knives Out — Jamie Lee Curtis, Christopher Plummer, lots of other big names. It’s a sorta comedy-murder mystery. We both enjoyed it.

Oh! And I changed my phone plan today. FINALLY got unlimited texts/data and minutes. Hopefully will save some money too.

Dh and
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”