Wednesday Wellness

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wednesday Wellness

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:59 am

In the rush of holidays, it is easy to forget to take care of ourselves.

Take a few minutes today to do something for your health and for the health of your family.

Here are some suggestions, add more in your posts, please:

* a round of stretches (looking at myself, there!)
* a walk in the fresh air
* cutting up some veggies to grab for a snack
* start dinner in the crock pot so you don't have to think about cooking tonight
* wipe down all light switches and door handles to cut a few germs

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wednesday Wellness

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:05 am

I got to bed earlier last night (but didn't take time to read so that's on my to-do for today) and was up earlier this morning. I woke up super early (4:50) and just dozed until 6:40, the last 45 minutes with the radio on. So while I was in bed for over 8.5 hours, I only really slept for around 7 hours. I'm not feeling tired.

I took a half dose of ADD meds today as well, in order to try and settle sleep into a healthier pattern. Yesterday, it wasn't taken until 7:40 so getting it before 7 today is another minor victory. I should probably put them by my bed but they are an amphetamine so I hate to have them, even in their child resistant bottle, within reach of little ones. So they are on a high shelf in the kitchen (and only a small number, the rest are in the safe because they didn't come in a child resistant bottle.)

I've been sending 'checking in' emails this morning. There are several people on my radar that I felt I should reach out to. Some here, some up the Valley, some who have moved away from here but people are asking after them.

Now it is time for me to go shower so I can keep today moving well.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:32 am

OMG, sitting here on the computer (I did take care of a couple of emails that accumulated during our trip) I realized I have to get going! Body work at 10 a.m.!

I am moving now!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:31 am

Hi!

Dh went to bed far too early last night. I joined him after an hour or so and played on my tablet for a while. Read for a bit and then slept until shortly after 1. Sat up and read for almost 3 hours then went back to sleep and slept until almost 9.

No idea what we are having for supper. Dh has a customer tonight and the 2 snow tires for the back of his truck were delivered already. Looks like the initial rush for the tire distributors has settled down.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:34 am

Morning...

Kathryn... why don’t you keep just one pill to take in the morning, if no kids are spending the night, next to your bed in a small dish so you can take as soon as you wake up? I do that with my migraine meds cause I get my headaches in the middle of the night and hate fumbling around looking for it.

Elizabeth...Kudos for standing up to your hiking friend and listening to your gut. Having problems backing a vehicle up can be a learning disability. I have always had a terrible time backing up even my SUV. You might try an empty high school parking lot to practice on. Once you figure out which way to turn the steering wheel and how it makes the trailer turn you’ll be a natural.

I once had a friend who bought a small toy truck with a trailer and used it to understand which way the trailer went when she turned the truck. She was a visual learner and it helped her to understand the physics of it.

I woke in the middle of the night with a migraine. Took my pill but still not 100%. Need to get moved by cause I have a drs appointment later this morning. Also my stomach went wonky last night while we were at a Christmas concert. Took me a while to get it under control. It’s doing better this morning.

Wanted to work on my tree but need to wait to see how I feel after the drs appointment. Love my PA but wish her office wasn’t a 35 minute drive. Ugh!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:49 am

Went to breakfast with dbil/dsisil this morning. Almost think it was the first time we've gone since dh got down here. I had a 'not so' healthy breakfast -sausage gravy on biscuit & 1 scrambled egg. Only ate part of the gravy/biscuit so don't think I did too badly point wise. Didn't order coffee as I like my own creamer and am having a cup now. Decided on decaf since I'll probably drink p epsi zero later on which has caffeine.

Elizabeth's Own Driving School.
Glad to see Elizabeth has yet another business of her own. :D Know you'll be the STAR student!

Speaking of students, dd had a 'walk through' evaluation yesterday -had all highly effectives again. She's never worried. Only thing is the government has done away with their bonus for having that rating all year. Oh well, she's had that extra $6,000 or so the last two years and it was nice while it lasted.

She did tell dsonil last night that his Christmas present was in a video she wanted to show him. $158.00! Seems when he was in New Port Richey last month driving a friend to a Dr's appointment, he went through a red light. It was VERY red according to the video. So dd just went online and paid it. Said she'd like to give it to him for Christmas. So now I'm looking to see if I can find a 'fake' piece of coal that opens up -I'm sure it's somewhere. You can find almost anything today. He doesn't even remember seeing the light -know that sometimes when you've done something wrong you know immediately. Chances are they were yakking and neither saw the yellow, yellow, yellow, red, red then they were through it. Obviously no arguing that one. Dd wasn't 'mad' but obviously not 'happy' either. His first concern was that he'd have to go to classes. Nope not even in the mix this time.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:27 pm

Is me not listening to the naysayers dson and dh poo pooed my mixer purchase. I have been taking theory classes via YouTube on making dinner rolls.
Got the idea to use the old rolls in meatloaf and use the mixer for bread crumbs. I have veggies two kinds of ground meat and various other leftovers in the fridge I need to use anyway. I love this idea I can use the paddle or dough hook it seems.

I love my Aqua Sky colored mixer got the 5-quart one and I still need to fill out the warranty registration paperwork. Last night I plugged it in and turned it on after I washed it up. I am so excited I was over the moon happy yesterday! Hubby was even surprised I could lift it to the counter myself, I said the box had hand holders.

Okay as for taking care of me I need to do some trips up and down the stairs today for steps and
doing laundry three trips a day helps. I need to vacuum it helps me to remember that vacuuming and house work is exercise.
I still need to get on the exercise bike and do that before my shower today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:37 pm

Nancy, I was talking to my friend today and she just got one too. One tip, get the mixing beater with the silicon scraper edge. Her's came with it. And ask for the 'pour shield' for a gift. It is about $25 and helps with flour blowing up all over the place when you add it to a recipe. Those are the two additions that made mine perfect. Until then, I wasn't sure I liked it.

Got distracted by watching Christmas commercials on YouTube. Then my friend called. I cut out the stocking for dgs while on the phone with her (it was already to cut) and I've just watched a youtube video on stitching the letters. It is a split stitch, I've been practicing and think I'll just do that now instead of getting another friend to do it for me.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Nancy - Congratulations on your new mixer!

Kathryn - Thank you for the start today. I am reading with great interest the suggestions.

do something for your health and for the health of your family.

My suggestions -
** Know the outcome you are seeking (aka have a goal). Write it down, look at it and think about it at least once a day.
** Track to know how you are doing in achieving that goal. Information = knowledge = the power to change.
** Eat something fermented daily (sauerkraut, pickles, yogurt, etc)
** Have some fun every day. Laughter has many benefits besides just being fun.

The first half of my day has gone smoothly. I had to stop what I was doing & eat about 30 minutes ago because of a rare headache. I think it was from fasting (19 hours) because since I've eaten the headache is disappearing. I am striving to finish my 100-day health tracking challenge with the same parameters that I started with. I want to see how healthy habits (or lack of doing them) affect other parameters. I already have an idea of what I want to do for my next health challenge with myself, but I want to wait until after my doctor visit next week to finalize & implement it. I want to know the test results and the doctor's opinion before I proceed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:20 pm

Ugh! I got gas for the car and it splattered on me! I thought it only got on hands and I washed them well and they still smell. I may change clothes too. Yuck!

Errands done, dh didn't tell me his shirts wouldn't be ready until after 4 p.m. though. The garage door repair guy should be here between one and three.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”