Wednesday Wellness

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday Wellness

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:26 pm

The garage door fixer guy is here now, not an expensive fix, I believe. It works ok for me because I pull up close to the garage but doesn't work a lot of times for dh.

I still need to make the bed, but I'm going to return a phone call first.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:43 pm

I got the registration paperwork done for my mixer. It came with the shield. Yes I was considering the scraper paddle.
I can get 25% off 1st acessory, considering the glass bowl. I have thought to shut it off lift the head and add flour or what ever ingredient,
and scrape it then. Smile, I have two jiffy muffun mixes in the house, hubby said we were out of muffins.
Kitchenaid website did not have recipes but links to blogs.
KA Mini mixers say to only run 2-3 min. At a time. SO glad I did not get that size!
I broke up rolls to get bread crumbs.
Baker Bettie had great info on yeast types and raising times for rolls I took notes!
Cool found the glass bowl in stock i town.
I got some paint mixed up.
Laundry is in the dryer.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:53 pm

* Eat something fermented daily (sauerkraut, pickles, yogurt, etc)
Just curious why, Lady M? I actually probably do this most days. DD and I are downing baby dills pretty regularly as part of 0 points. I'd forgotten how much I always liked them as a kid and young adult. Been buying them at A ldi's as they're pretty inexpensive and a good snack for us.

As part of my wellness journey it's making sure I do my exercises (mostly copying what I did in cardiac rehab) just about every day. Once in a while I miss a day -yesterday being one of them. I've really been fairly productive today all in all. Had to put dsonil's LOL in the dryer so I could start ours. We went to breakfast and when I came back I folded dsonil's & dried ours. Now that load is folded & put away. I'd taken care of the clean dishes earlier & dh washed the dirty ones. I did my exercises which take about 75 minutes with BP before & after and doing warm ups and cool downs. Trying hard to mimic what I did up home.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:16 pm

hello a little late.
waving at you all.

morning routine but bathroom done,
went out and got a hair cut
now the front room to get it ready for the tree.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:48 pm

Oh yi!!! Seems there's a 'glitch' with our health insurance. I've been on the phone for 45 minutes so far trying to straighten things out. And this is only MY insurance. We still have to get dh's straightened out after mine is -she says hopefully! :? :roll: :cry:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:56 pm

Not a very productive day here, but that's ok for a change. I spent a long time on the phone, important phone call.

Went out with DH for a couple things he wanted, got 2 new license tags. Then found out the shopping we had wanted to do was cut short because he has youth group tonight. I don't need to be going out just to sit in the car while he does his errands. Next time I'll go alone.

I gotta admit, it is hard to live with someone who is perpetually bored. My marriage license doesn't say I am tasked with keeping him occupied and amused.

My new Rx insurance card came for 2020. I looked it up online to see which one is my preferred pharmacy. I thought I already knew but wanted to be sure. Nothing was listed so I called customer service to find out and it took them quite a while to answer. We can go to 2 supermarkets (odd?) and 1 big store we're currently using. So that is good, but odd I couldn't find the answer online. Oh well, at least I got my new card. Still waiting for DH's.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:09 pm

RE: Fermented foods - I eat them because I like the flavor and also because they are supposed to have a good influence on gut health. I'm not an expert but I think it is similar to taking a probiotic. Adding good bacteria always seems like a positive. The mental part is big for me..... When I look at a probiotic pill I get an ugghh reaction and just swallow it because it is supposed to be good for me. When I eat fermented food I enjoy the experience.

A bought a couple of apple pies to send to the 2 potlucks tonight. DS11 just told me the kid's church isn't haven't potluck suppers during the month of December. So I sliced that pie and let DS11 eat a piece. I wasn't even hungry for apple pie but I found myself eating a slice just because it was in front of me. ugh.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:13 pm

Ugh! Just finally got off the phone after a very long call to UHC and another to dh's former employer. UHC sees us as still having this insurance so our application was rejected. But, L3Harris, confirmed we do not have coverage for 2020. Have a couple of voice mails out to our insurance broker. Hopefully this will all be taken care of by tomorrow morning. :o All trying to save about $500/month.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:27 pm

vacuumed the first floor entirely again. i have no idea why our animals make so much mess. moved presents to one side of front room.( I still have wrap them.) morning routine except bathroom swish and swipe done.

I still have to stop by the ups store after stopping at moms apartment here. I know she is anxious to get her computer.
that will be tomorrow afternoon

dd younger went to the people she used to babysit for

time to choose: which one. tap tap tap which one will i do.
work on a bedroom
work on the bathrooms
work on putting up Christmas

I am trying hard but moving too slow. dh has been sitting for 2 days bc he hasn't been feeling well.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:28 pm

Glad to see you here in PWYC-land, bw2.

Dh came home early so he would be here for garage door repair and then we went to look at gas fireplaces for the new construction. The current non-vented one will come out, to be replaced with a vented one with a blower. I didn't count on the errand today when I thought I planned my day. We're going out to eat with some friends/clients who recently moved back here.

I had wanted to stamp some today, and I'm not sure I can make it to my step goal. I walked the dog but it's getting brisk and dark out. I'm having a small snack and then will go use the treadmill for a bit.

Harmony said:
I gotta admit, it is hard to live with someone who is perpetually bored. My marriage license doesn't say I am tasked with keeping him occupied and amused.

My dh is also just that. I would never get anything done if he were underfoot all the time. Cleaning the kitchen, he's there. Emptying dishwasher, he's standing at the counter doing a Sudoku puzzle. On the phone, he's back and forth with a question.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”