Thriving on Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thriving on Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:26 pm

wine as fermented food... oh my too funny. :lol:

hello.

I am afraid of getting caught up on the computer so I will just say hi---Hi!!!

took d kitty in (dd younger came with) to the vet. She gets fixed next Thursday. I do worry about the anesthesia with this kitty. In the CH community they mention seizures.
I have always spayed or neutered my animals but never worried about it before.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:37 pm

Stocking was finished in time (barely.)

Dropped dh exactly at the right time at the hospital.

Went to dd's neighbourhood plaza and worked on the child car seat. Got it installed but not tight enough and other stuff seemed 'off.' Had lunch while reading the book.

Went to dd's. Dgd was sleeping outside so I was as quiet as possible but dsil came to the door and called out to me to bring her in because she woke up. She had been napping over an hour so that was fine. She was crying by the time I got up to the stroller and so I was calling to her and then when she saw me she got all excited. I got her out and went inside, handing her off to her daddy. I went back out to get my purse and bag of stuff and could hear her crying because I had left. She knows how to make someone feel great!

Had a good visit. At the end, we put dgs in the seat and it wasn't tight enough and neither dd nor I, nor the two of us together, could get it installed right. Dgs isn't sure he likes it. Although he liked the water bottle holder.

Dh had joined us from the hospital (it is one bus) so we left to go home and got caught in traffic badly despite leaving early. Ended up going through downtown instead of the highway, which was odd since there were road closures for Parliament's opening.

Once home we walked over to the store to pick up stuff for Sunday. Then home, started dinner, helped two residents (one on phone, the other at the door) and updated the FB group with the party on Sunday.

Dinner is ready so I need to eat and then head to choir practice.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:27 pm

you have been so busy d kathryn!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 pm

Elizabeth I love that idea!
I walked the dog then did some drawing illistrating my bujo is fun.
H. Is on his way home.
Dinner was great!
I am watching you tube vids of a sheep farm in Canada.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:52 pm

Gumbo eaten
Kitchen s/s
Lights on tree
I still feel a little queasy... and exhausted! I may be able to sleep. (Probably fall asleep now and be wide awake at bedtime.)
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:01 pm

The weather was absolutely perfect for spending a couple hours in the park. We all enjoyed it. DS11 favorite thing was the carriage ride pulled by huge Belgium horses. (DGD8 and I rode in the front seat with the driver). DGD8 favorite thing was the Ferris Wheel ride. She was the only one that wanted to ride it and there was no way I was going to let her do it alone.....so I grabbed a bucket of courage & rode it with her. I'm not a fan of Ferris Wheel but I guess there isn't much I wouldn't do for the grandkids. We did raise our hands over our heads and laughed a lot while riding it together. I'm glad we shared that experience. DGD8 reaction to different challenges is an enigma to me. She will absolutely not engage in any confrontation and will actually curl up in a fetal position when someone raises their voice to her......but if you give her an opportunity to do something adventurous like riding the Ferris wheel then she is 10000% for it.

When we got off the Ferris wheel DGD8 said to me "When I grow up I'm still going to live with you." hahahahaha Little does she know I'm going to train her until she is able to fly the nest.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:57 pm

(((LadyM's dgd8))) She was testing you, looking for disagreement. She's getting old enough now to understand the difference between her status and that of ds. He's yours by love and law. She's just yours by love.

Choir ran late but was good. We did every piece and sat in the Sanctuary so got a better sense of sightlines. And how much work still needs to be done!

I need to be at the church by 9:15 on Sunday (I'm getting in late the night before.)

Since I had to add that note to my calendar, I picked up my phone right after choir and saw dh had texted me (my phone was on silent to not disturb practice) and he needed me to go pickup the finished newsletters. That place is right next to the bulk food store and we needed stuff from there, so two more errands were done.

With dh sitting next to me, I finally conquered the address label mail-merge and dh is loading the labels into the printer right now. I had got close but not quite done before supper.

So we'll take the newsletters to the hotel with us. In the past, we've been productive getting the newsletters off when we do them in a hotel room, so we'll try again.

Tomorrow is a mess. I've not packed, I still have to get things ready for the party Sunday afternoon, and I have to get bookkeeping done as well. I think I'll be taking 2 computers (because my quicken work is on my old computer still.) We need to leave by 11 in the morning.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:50 am

So glad you and dgd had such a great time LadyM! POTB for you — I’m scared of Ferris wheels too! ;)

I took a long nap, and I walked away the pounds... but I still feel kinda “off” and queasy.
All that phone cr*p really got to me.
I know I said I’d put it out of my mind, but I really got upset, thinking the first agent misled me and at the very least, withheld information that would have been very helpful to me. So now... I’m kinda having “trust issues.” I just can’t help feeling like I’m waiting for the next shoe to drop. Sigh. Maybe as some time passes I’ll get other stuff on my mind.
Been a while since I’ve been “spinning” like this.

Today would have been my ddad’s 80th birthday... and in the midst of all this phone mess, I haven’t even talked to my dmom since Monday. More sighs. I MUST call her tomorrow .
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”