FEARLESS FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

FEARLESS FRIDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:16 am

In honor of LadyM and Elizabeth, I name this "Fearless Friday." Last night LadyM rode the Ferris wheel with dgd in spite of her fears, and Elizabeth, as usual, is learning new, complex things, like backing a trailer, in addition to her usual E(lizabeth's) O(wn) Do it All Services.

We recognize and celebrate fearless behavior - and from our own comfort zone - emulate in our lives!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: FEARLESS FRIDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:38 am

Perhaps my fearless activity is just going away for the weekend, after being away for the week ending last Saturday! We have been trying to find a weekend to getaway to these friends's cabin near the Smokey Mountains forever and finally settled on this weekend. By Sunday night, I may not be talking nicely to anyone from the severe over socialization!

Right now I gotta straighten up for dcleaning lady, a lot of times she's been coming a little later on Friday but I haven't heard from her this morning that she will be later...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:16 am

Good morning, Twins, & I see Lady M on her front porch as well. Hello to all who dare to come here on this "fearless Friday"! :D I may be 'fearless' and tackle the fridge this morning.

He's yours by love and law. She's just yours by love.
What a nice sentiment, Kathryn. Hold onto that, Lady M.

Maybe as some time passes I’ll get other stuff on my mind.
LucyLee, that's an absolutely 'safe' statement. This too shall pass and new things will always be coming at us -the good, the bad, and the other. But I sure do know how things like this can make your head/mind spin!!

Went out in the living room for the first time just a little bit ago. Glanced at the Christmas tree. DD bought a new (adorable) tree skirt Wednesday & put it around the tree. Noticed it askew this morning & then realized there were pieces on the floor. Debated for a few minutes whether to send a pic to dd -but figured she'd at least know & be over the stewing by the time she comes home. She'll try to fix it. Puppies! (even though she's about 1 and a half. She's in training to be a 'therapy dog' but sometimes we wonder. :roll: Anyone know a trick to keep them from chewing up things? She's been good for a long time. I had bought a new throw rug last season here for in front of my recliner & she immediately chewed a hole in it. We'd like to put one down but are afraid she'll chew it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:23 am

Hi!

I went the other way today and decided to stay home and stay safe. Rain and temperature below freezing = not good for driving. I spent so many years driving in whatever weather I had to because I had to work. Now I can stay home because I can stay home. It's a delightful choice.

That being said, I will most likely go to knitting this afternoon. Mostly because I'm bored. Dishes are done. Laundry is done. Cat is sleeping in the living room, so I can't vacuum in there. Roomba isn't charging. I can't find the receipt and we bought it over a year ago and paid cash. I have my CC bills for that time period and the purchase wasn't on them.

Dh wants to go out for supper, but not Vietnamese these week. I foresee either pizza or hamburgers in our future.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:37 am

Good morning everyone! No snow yesterday in either of the relevant cities and the commute was less awful today. I am no longer separating the organization three cats, they made it abundantly clear they do not like it. I found my list exactly where I expected it to be. I didn't actually DO a lot on the list, but I now have it with me. The only list item I got done was fix the disposal. There is a reset button on the bottom, I pushed it. I determined that the cats had knocked something into it that jammed it and caused the problem. Removed said item.

One non list item was to put away all the accumulated stuff on my bed and change it. That got mostly done: all the LOLs were put away, but some of the old stash and dash from the Halloween party still awaits my attention. It's not on the bed anymore.

Tonight's essentials are pick up calendar refills and dance class. Also need to balance checkbook and order some Christmas gifts. I would love to get them locally, but these are not locally available.

Thanks TwinsMom, and, yes, backing a trailer is way out of my comfort zone. Gotta expand that comfort zone.

blessedw2: bitter apple spray, available in any pet supply place, to deter chewing.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:56 am

Morning is going well enough.

I'm about ready to pack up my computer. I didn't get the quicken work done so I will take 2 computers with me (and 2 power supplies.) Therefore I won't be able to lift my computer bag because my back is just too far gone. I've done a round of physio and packed drugs. Will take something now. I hate to use pain killers to deal with this but it is what it is, I'm 'paying' for not being good about doing physio stretches daily and by carrying around 20 too many pounds.

Everything I can get ready for Sunday afternoon is done. I won't take my Sunday morning music with me just because there's more than enough to do. I am taking a book although when there will be time to read, I have no idea.

We have the newsletters to write and they, envelopes and stickers are packed in my computer bag.

We won't see dd's godparents tonight, they are sick with a cold so are keeping quiet until the big birthday party tomorrow. The mom and daughter are turning 60 and 30 so are holding a blowout party with all their friends. That's why all of us are going. I'm pleased that ds has changed shifts so he can go too even if he can just drive there and back in the same day (and then work overnight, sigh....) It is a 3.25 hour drive assuming we hit no traffic (regular highway not a freeway the whole way.)

Dd will be leaving shortly and we'll get on the road just after her, I hope. Dh is just having his breakfast now. I think we'll leave the dishes undone and just get on the way.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:04 pm

Awe - thanks for the encouragement and support. Swinging in the wind while dangling high up was definitely out of my comfort zone.

I had a good night's sleep but it was shifted about 2 hours later than normal sleep schedule. I guess that was from the adrenaline of getting out of my safety zone.

I am having another out-of-my-comfort-zone this morning with emotional texting with DD. Need to take it to J&C
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:05 pm

we got great news. dd older doesn't have to have surgery. They wanted her to have surgery in the er bc of the pain but her dr. said the combination of the morphine and her gall bladder/gall stones (runs in my family)/stress and a severe stomach flu caused the amount of pain dd went through. the morphine cause her gall bladder to squeeze consistently causing her out the window pain. But no surgery needed as her gall bladder is not infected or inflamed. She is very happy.

good morning d kathryn
good morning d elizabeth - thank you!
good morning d dee
good morning d twins
good morning d lady
good morning d everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:14 pm

((d lady))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:15 pm

and by carrying around 20 too many pounds.
DD lifted a 35# bag of dog food the other day & was horrified to think about the 30# she's lost & how much that was for her body to carry all these years. Better late than never however.

So, anyone have recommendations for anti-chew spray for pets? See that A-river has a multitude to choose from.

Dh & I, together, (fearlessly) tackled the refrigerator, completely taking everything out & washing it & only putting back what needed to go. He'd taken the trash out once but did another run after we conquered this task. He did have just a little bit of trouble putting the large tray back in. He worked & worked, determined to win the challenge. Uh......could it be because it's backwards? :lol: Amazing how easily it went in once he turned it around. I won't tell DD -no not me>>>>> ;) Then he proceeded to pick up a can of black olives.....dd had placed the nicely cut off lid back on it -you guessed it -all over the counter and floor. :roll: Now I'm taking a little break while the kitchen floor dries & then LUNCH!

I had kept smelling the fridge every time we opened it, so decided it was high time to revolt. Speaking of smells....dd, dsonil & I kept smelling something smelling musty every time we came in the house. We inspected everything & just couldn't find it. Well, obviously NOT everything, because she thought about the fatigue mats she'd spray washed outside last weekend. Picked one up & it evidently was still holding moisture when she put it back down. It went out on the porch to dry and become odorless (or into the trash). Wallah! No more odor. Who would have thought to smell down on the floor?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”