FEARLESS FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: FEARLESS FRIDAY

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:20 pm

Oh, blessed! I wish HRH could have been there to warn that morphine does not work alone in that situation - HRH's surgeon for his gall-bladder had designed a protocol for ER to add nitroglycerin in order to open/relax blood vessels for the morphine, which allows it to work. HRH spent a terrible time in ER with enough morphine but until the nitro it couldn't get through. Thankfully, after that it did. At that moment, you're in so much pain your entire body reacts, so your vessels constrict.

Trip to Tarjay today. We got new tree lights after being disappointed in the old. Also dd and I bought one of the Angel Tree gifts, packing tape, and a simple, inexpensive wrap for the way-too-large boxes for HRH's ideas of gifts for ds' children. (They're not expensive, just big - don't know how strange they are going to look, leaned up beside the tree!)

Update - old tree lights are better and up. These new ones going back. Sigh.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:24 pm

Just lost a long post.

We're on our way.

I'm pleased with all that is prepared for Sunday so I can relax and enjoy the party tomorrow since Sunday is all ready to go.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:30 pm

I will send this information to dd older d harriet! I never knew this was an issue. they gave her delauden (spelling? - too lazy to check) afterward that helped a bit but the pain she went through with the two douses of morphine was horrible. Thank you for telling me!!!
I am so sorry your dh had to go through this! thank you for sharing.
How nice that you do the angel tree!!! glad you got a new tree

Hello d dee yay on getting the refrigerator cleaned!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:32 pm

I put out st. nicholaus items. The girls may be older but they still love the little things i put in there. usually one christmas decoration or ornament, an orange or apple, some almost no sugar jelly bears, and this year a mask each. nothing big. dh dd younger is here and dd older will be with us tomorrow for the play.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:39 pm

Checking In ; I am fine.
Have been up since four thirty.
Got 2 planners purged and condensed 3 into one yea for progress.
Working on the table.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:59 pm

Making progress. My entire schedule apparently is out the window today. I just realized that I hadn't made our daily tea yet. I was 3 hours late drinking my coffee. Ohs well. Thankfully we have no appointments on the calendar today so I guess it is a good day to be off track. I need to open the SHE cards and get started on them. They are the ole reliable rails that keep my train moving forward.

Anyone know a trick to keep them from chewing up things?

We always had multiple chew toys & chews available but sometimes that wasn't enough. I went through times with the puppies of keeping them on a leash next to me. I like the hands-free leash the best to use for this purpose. It can be awkward at first until the puppy & I became used to it. But the puppy is constantly with me so no chewing accidents happen.

Yesterday I made an inquiry into getting a small dog for DGD8 to have as her pet. The 2 feral kittens are happy living in DH shop but don't have any desire to let DGD8 pet them. No sane person would add another dog to the 5 furkids we already have. I haven't' committed to it yet. I still have time to change my mind. #SaveMeFromMyself Maybe I'll get her a nice goldfish instead.

DS11 is riding bikes with 2 of his friends. They are loving the bright sunshine and beautiful 50F weather.

DGD8 is busy painting one of her stuffies with water-based paints. We discussed the possible outcome and she is okay with it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:57 pm

LadyM: does one of the 5 fur kids need to be under new guardianship? Perhaps dgd8 could 'adopt' one of them. It might be a nice parallel... Their current 'mom' is still part of their life but they have someone who especially loves and cares for them.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:01 pm

On our way after a long stop for lunch. We had a good time with both grandchildren but I suspect dgs is getting sick. He seems dull instead of his sparkling self.

Dgd started to pull her ear and I asked dd if she was still on meds. Not any more, they were left at home. She did not even get a dose this morning.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:39 pm

Oh Kathryn, I hope both Grkids don't get sick on your trip.

Dee, Elizabeth had suggested a bitter orange spray for chewing pet.

Strange day. Got phone call yesterday that my Rx was ready at the wrong pharmacy. The one that doesn't accept my insurance and charges an arm and a leg for my things. I specifically told them at the Drs. when I called in the order to NOT send the Rx to the wrong place like they've already done once. So I had to call and straighten that out. It took 4 days to get my Rx the first time (at the wrong place) so now I would run out if it took that long... which I told them also. Anyway, 1 of the 2 was filled at correct place and I went to pick that up and the other was going to be ready in another hour...so I waited for that.

Sheesh. It shouldn't be this difficult to get my refills.

Stopped at 2 more places on the way home. Came home with a headache. Took something for that and ate lunch. Been working on the 2nd batch of Christmas presents with DH. I wanted 6 of these things and we got 5 made. Can't leave 1 child out when they'd be all opening at the same time...so I suggested we make 1 more...but a batch makes 5, so 5 it is. We'll have some for the grown-ups too.

We have a Christmas 'open house' to go to tonight.

I left a rather important request at J&C.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:53 pm

I finally got to stamp some today. I finished a card I started the other day and piddled with some others. Made cards for a birthday party next Friday night near ATL and a wedding next Saturday the 14th here. Enjoyed having some quiet time with stamping. DD came by for a visit and to pick up somethings she had ordered and had sent here. She wisely questioned how I was going to handle being away again this weekend, and then being away again next Friday night overnight, with a birthday party away and a then wedding back home. She said I"m going to get grumpy then dh and I will argue. :lol: She may be right, I'm going to be socialized to the max. Then there's a Rotary holiday party (dh's deal) on Sunday the 16th which I may try to beg off, and then his office Holiday party (dinner at a nice restaurant) the next evening. I hope I can get through all this.

I saw dfriend M from the front window while stamping so I knocked to get her attention, then got dMuffin and my coat and walked a lap with her.

I still need to s2s, pack a few things, and walk more. I only have 4800 steps. I think I'll get cleaned up first. I can either walk a few laps around the neighborhood or walk upstairs without sweating too much. I'll pull
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”