FEARLESS FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: FEARLESS FRIDAY

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Hello, hello! Quick post & run -- just wanted to wave to all! :D

I have to start supper in about 5 minutes and then when we finish eating, dh & I are taking the dgrands to the Christmas parade -- ddil is taking advantage of some alone time to study (her final exam is Monday) and ds is out of town today and tomorrow.
DS had to drive dmom's truck today because when he went out to start his, the battery (apparently) was dead. It wouldn't charge up with jumper cables. We * think * there is a portable charger (the kind that plugs into the wall) in one of the garage buildings over there at ds's house, so if dh doesn't want to take time to deal with it when we go for the parade, maybe ds can try it when he gets back, and * maybe * that will be all that is needed.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:31 pm

I went to knitting meeting, I did not have a yarn project going bc I got done in Nov. With them, and was out of yarn.
So I grabbed my sewing planner, bujo art book and sketch journal did a show and tell and some drawing.
I had fun.
Had lunch at home.
Walked the ddog.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:41 pm

hello d lucy! have fun at the parade!

good for you for going to a knitting meeting d nancy

hi d twins

hi d harmony I am sorry for the mix up with the pharmacies

hi d kathryn

hi d lady

hi d everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:42 pm

the kitchen is finally decorated for Christmas
I also did some other areas
most of the ornaments are in the front room (waiting for the tree).

dd younger and I are heading out to dinner with d friends
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:13 pm

How long can you go before losing a pair of gloves? Today I lost mine before I had a chance to wear them!

Grabbed my hat and gloves on the way out the door this morning and thought to myself, "I should pull out my new gloves since these have a hole in them." So I did.

As we drove along, I carefully opened the packaging and got them ready to wear. Put them in the child car seat. It's a warmish day so I didn't wear either during the drive or the stop at lunch.

Got to our destination and as we headed off for dinner, I pulled my hat and gloves into the front seat. Hat was brushed off and put back in the back seat to avoid being crushed. Gloves were on my lap.

I bailed from the car, while it was in a laneway, to pick up dinner.

Three hours later, I realized the gloves were not in the car and likely in the laneway. We drove back, not hopeful, but they were there. I guess everyone thought they were bits of slush or salt off a car.

They were a bit stiff this morning. The cars running over them seem to have softened them up a bit! They are drying now in the hotel room. Since I had the packaging with me, the cardboard insert is inside them to help the air circulate.

The irony is these were bought as backup for this year because I knew my backup gloves had a hole. I've already lost my primary gloves this year (on the balcony, when cleaning up for winter, so they may show up in the spring) so have been using the ones with the holes until I got use to having to keep track of gloves this season. I thought a month of use was enough. Apparently not.

We had a nice dinner with dd's godfamily after all. We brought in take-out food. Dd was already there because she tried to get dgd in at a clinic to get another prescription. No luck. But she fell on the ice (thankfully wasn't holding a child at the time) and has a sore neck now. She went straight to her aunt's to get a heat pack for the neck.

Dgs is very upset we are not staying with him at his 'hotel' (a b&b). I would have stayed there but dd has the only room with a private bath and I didn't fancy sharing with strangers. It would be one thing if it was only my family at the place, but that couldn't be guaranteed. This hotel is only slightly more expensive and we have a nice room with a river view, sitting area and kitchenette, but there are children running up and down the halls. They've been doing so for an hour and I hope they are settled by the parents soon. One did come out and tell them not to be racing the luggage rack down the halls.

Edited to add: it is getting quieter. We still here lots of voices in the hall but the running and squealing has stopped.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:34 pm

Harmony, saw your J and C request. I hope all will be well.

Got about 15 percent through with this week's course assignments.
Dd and I put the crochet ornaments on the tree.
She's doing laundry, so I will wait the dishes until a.m.

Return to “Post When You Can”