Stay the Course Sat.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Stay the Course Sat.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:43 am

Maintance mode time.
Trying to stay the course now.
We enjoyed the lites last nite and ate at arby's for dinner.
I painted the 1st base coat on a sign doing the back of it to save space when I store it.

Today top 3
Mix up cold rise yeast rolls.
Paint next Let It Sno w sign.
Sew a seam & vacuum rec room.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Re: Stay the Course Sat.

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:08 am

Nancy - Thanks for the start!

I love Saturday mornings.

I had a great night's sleep with a high sleep score (92). The scales show they are heading in the right direction. I like a day starting with good feedback numbers. This isn't a normal occurrence so I'm enjoying the moment.

DGS22 is texting over and over asking to spend some time with me. I need to step away from my normal doings and go do some one-on-one things with him. DGS22 and 2 of his furkids (our Great Furkids) are going to be in a Christmas parade this evening so I will be cheering for him during that event.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:28 am

I had a great night's sleep with a high sleep score (92)
Wow! Lady M, just WOW! 92? Almost unbelievable. I'm happy with hitting a score of 80 -once in a while at least. Though I do seem to be hitting it better more often lately. Wish I could figure out the fitbit 'share' thing. Maybe when dd is on Christmas break.

DD and dh are going to college hockey games later today. She has one at 11 PM Dh has already decided he's not going to that one. She (& he) could have worked the Orlando game tonight but they told her to work the college tournament since it's so close to us and plus she's paid better.

DD and I went to Sam's this morning. We're able to go at 8am (NICE!) since she has a business membership. Hardly anyone there at that time. We don't have Sam's up home anymore but ddil has B J ' s and gave me the other 'family' card. Of course DS-R said, "What about me?" to which ddil replied, "Uh....when aren't you with ME?" Same thing here with dsonil. :lol: Only he really never goes, whereas my dh does. But this morning he and dsonil went to the flea market & I'm pretty sure to breakfast afterwards.

Think I'll go get my exercises done so they're done earlier than a lot of days. Have dh peeling potatoes for shepherd's pie later today. I'll put it in to bake when they're on break between hockey games.

For once & for all, Blessed, tell me which of your dd's is in FL & which in your city? Know there's ddyounger and DDolder. I need to write down which is which.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:32 am

Maintenance is here....................................................................................................and I am here lol. 8-)

hello good morning d nancy.
hello good morning d lady so happy you had a great night sleep
hello good morning d dee

hello all.

I have to go to my mom's house and then to ups store.
we hopefully have the play today and to get a christmas tree and maybe be able to see my d inlaws
not sure if I can do all.

see you!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:52 pm

The Instant Pot is filled to the top with roast, potatoes, carrots, and onions. The bread machine ingredients are in and I've pressed the Start button. So there will be plenty of food available for a meal later today. DS11 and DGD8 are going to stay with DH while I go spend some one-on-one time with DGS22.

I've completed 28 SHE cards this morning which insures the basics covered.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:09 pm

LadyM, I wish I had your food on MY counter today. I gotta start cooking around here again.

We got our washer about an hour ago. Blek! Should have seen the back wall and floor underneath the old one. We never could move it out to clean. I used to try doing the side wall and the little margin of floor there but it was a skinny space. I quick swept and did a hand wash on floor and baseboards. Sent DH out to get his calk gun to recalk the baseboard. I was able to reach way back in behind the dryer too.

DH was trying to help and he grabbed the spin mop and I had to show him how to straighten the head and spin it dry in the spinner. He's never tried it, convinced that his little velcro pad one was better. Finally after I don't know how many years he admitted it was pretty cool. :lol:

Fingers crossed this washer works better than the last one.

DH is out buying a new shelf for above the washer. I hope we don't have to order it. We have those wire ones and we got 18" deep ones which the shelving company had to order. All they keep in stock is the 12" ones. Sent him to the big box store. I wouldn't care if he put a wood one up instead to get the size we want, but I'll see what he comes home with.

I really should get busy around here and get something done.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:23 pm

keeping my fingers crossed d harmony that your washer works!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:27 pm

I don't have time to vacuum and wash the first floor but that's okay
I flip flopped laundry and folded laundry
counters/sink/emptied dw from last night/ filled with this am's dishes.
set up food for dh to give animals if we are not home.
looked at a present for a great niece
took care of everyones meds.
gave kitten mid day little bit of food in water - ch cats, I guess from the ch sharing website, are notorious for not using their water bowl much.

not done on morning routine:
swish and swipes
pick up after animals outside and in
straighten the family room
put away

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:27 pm

time to head out soon
have a good day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Read the instruction manual. Nothing different than what I'd read. Half the manual is in French!? :roll:

DH home with the shelf and brackets. Who would have thought we'd still be working on this. His arms can't stretch out to meet wall... so between the 2 of us we got it up mostly except the last bracket. One he brought home is too long; he's on his way back to exchange. Hoping they have correct one. It's now clear why he always got the shelving person to come do our homes. These things are a royal pain to install.

Course, doesn't help when the lightbulb in my least favorite fixture broke. Up the ladder to the top and unscrewed the globe with those tiny little thumb screws and changed a funky bulb. Surprised we even had one. It gets pushed into the socket to line the pins up. We have 3 of these lovely lights in this house. Had I known how hard they'd be to change the bulb, I'd have picked something else. One is in the laundry room.

Ok, basically getting nothing done today but this stuff. Oh well.

Return to “Post When You Can”