Super Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Super Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:57 am

Have a Super Day today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Super Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:59 am

Mine is a Super Sunday because of the amount of stuff I must accomplish before dinner. I have no idea what dinner will be, I'll cross the bridge at 5:30!

The day is pretty well in hand, although it was only when I remembered to pack Halloween candy that I saw the coffee and remembered to pack that and the coffee maker.

Now to s2s and get ready for church. And start mulling the cider. And listen to my anthem piece while in the shower, and, and, and....

I'll be out the door in under hour. I hope.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:04 am

have a super day yourself d kathrn
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:08 am

last night was hard - d little kitten had seizures last night. She is okay now and is sweet as ever. She, I think, had a seizure a couple weeks ago. I can't afford the price of a MRI. She was supposed to get fixed thursday but I will talk to the vet on Monday at her blood test appointment.
She came out of it hissing and scratching and she was on edge all night. I finally put her in her small cloth carrier (not easy as she was scratching, hissing etc. but after a few minutes she calmed down and we kept her there for a bit. (this was at 1 in the morning) I feel for the poor sweet girl. I think it explains some of delays brain wise. I am sure she has had them since she was little. It's odd - she remembers nothing that I can see. sweet as ever and wants us to hold her and play with her.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:21 pm

I was up with a low around three and slept in this morning.
Not really having a super day so far.
I painted the inside of a box.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:52 pm

Morning...

It’s a rainy day in the desert! We had planned to attend an art festival, but that’s not gonna happen.

Instead think I’ll do a grocery run as my pantry is kind of bare. My stomach and headache have finally calmed down and the only things I’ve accomplished since Monday is laundry and decorating my Cmas tree.

Breakfast and morning routines are done and all footprints are gone. Looking forward to a calm and quiet day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:14 pm

Got everything done that needed doing before church.

It was 'pageant' Sunday as well as the Secret PenPal reveal. My Penpal was from the choir. the manager of it, and I sort-of knew her. We talked for ages after church. IRL she seems super officious, so I hadn't got to know her more closely than 'the lady who is in charge of the choir'. On paper she is lovely and warm and once we were chatting I could see how I had misinterpreted her personality.

That is an important life lesson. Don't judge a book by its cover!

I signed up to delivery a Christmas hamper so added something to this week and something to a day in the future. The 15th to the 22nd are pretty empty so this should be fine.

Now for a moment's break, some lunch, and then pack up for the December Party this afternoon. Someone crossed out December and wrote in Christmas on the poster in the basement so I wrote in that they should ask me why we call it a December party!

I really don't mind that people are objecting to the name, but the idea is to make sure the focus is on light and fellowship and not the birth of Jesus. As a result, we get our fair share of Jews, newcomers to Canada, and secular celebrators to our 'Christmas' events. Being a preacher, I don't want people to think this is anything other than a chance to get together and enjoy each other's company. All we have to have in common is joy in eating, dislike of the dark of winter, and interest in our neighbours.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:47 pm

The later it gets, the more I think this is going to be a PJ day. Havent had one of those in a very long time and it feels almost sinful :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:02 pm

Dh is making "his" stew for supper.

We have had a very busy day. Took back 29 pieces of subflooring. Went to the Italian bakery. Took a scenic drive home and then had lunch as soon as we walked in the door. Mmm... fresh, still warm, Italian bread...

I burned a bunch of stuff outside. Dh went and refilled all of our 18 gallon (?) water bottles. I went and bought soda while it was still on sale and now dh is cooking.

I had some extremely weird dreams last night, like being forgotten on a stretcher by the doctor! I woke up feeling all types of anxiety... Not looking forward to the future right this minute.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:10 pm

Cathy: speaking of Italian bakery, we had Pannetone for coffee hour at church today. I had never heard of it so guess it was not one of my Italian dsil's family traditions.

Break and lunch time is over. On to the next event. Then several days of calm progress towards my to-do list, rather than socializing!

Return to “Post When You Can”