Super Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Super Sunday

Postby Harmony » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:29 pm

Hello. I played hooky from church this morning. DH of course wanted to leave early and I needed to get in the shower and I just didn't feel able to rush today. There is lots to do around here and I have some heavy things on my mind...so didn't feel up to sitting in church. I will sit and have a quiet time and read in a little while.

Did several things here then I fiddled with the washer. Loaded my 1st load and set dials and turned it on but had forgotten one thing and had things mixed up so had to drain and start all over. Learned that process and all is well. Stuff gets a little more twisted around and wrinkled in this one than the old but I had some big sheets in there so maybe small things won't be wrinkled so much. It's been a long while since I've had a top loader.

Worked on the Christmas present. I'd like to wrap presents today and maybe do some cards.

Have a nice day!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:24 pm

I need to get a move on if I am going to get dressed before noon.
I did a freezer invetory.
Have veg. Cooking to go wirh left over meat loaf.
Made out a cooking schedule for Jan. Things to do with a mixer! :mrgreen:
S2s happened no longer in pj's.
Got 30 min. Done on stat bike.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:39 pm

I'll cross the bridge at 5:30!

This! I am feeling a tad bit guilty that I feel good to not be the only one without a plan. #Sorry I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants most times.

My day has proceeded without a big blunder so I'm pleased. We arrived at church on time, the kids had clean hair and clothes, and I had a plan for lunch. No drama happened. That makes a Win-Win-Win-Win in my books. I have high hopes and low expectations. Today my hopes and expectations were met.

After we ate lunch we had a mini-meeting to discuss the Christmas parties and gifts needed for this week. DGD8 needs 18 gifts for her classmates. DS11 and DGD8 both need gifts to take to the 4h meeting on Tuesday. They both need a wrap to gift away too. Also, food to take to both parties. I let them develop a plan of what was needed and then DGD8 and I went shopping (DS11 didn't want to go). I was feeling pretty confident when we found everything and started unloading the vehicle........then I remembered we didn't buy gifts for DGD8 teachers. Ugh....I'm not going back to the store until I have a clue what to buy. I want to get something for DGD8 to give to 4 of her favorite adults in her school life.... her 3rd-grade teacher, her speech pathologist, the principal, and the secretary who patches up her owies. What gift can be useful and appreciated? Hum....I'm thinking a gift card to a local drive-through to buy their favorite drink/food. That seems easy to do.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:55 pm

DH was leaving to go feed the 8 colts he is taking care of for a friend. So I asked DH to stop by the local drive-through & buy the 4 gift cards. Win! Win! Now I'm back to having everything needed for the Christmas parties this week.

I'm going to try and shut down for a couple of hours and just relax. I mentally need my Sunday afternoon downtime.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:01 pm

LadyM... yup gift cards for teachers are great and most appreciated :D

I should have more PJ days in my life!!! If you have an Alexia ask her to play .... instrumental Christmas music. I’m not a big fan of Cmas music when it song at least not this early in the season, but boy did I love this music. Don’t know if it inspired me, but I got a lot of stuff I’ve been putting off done.

My refrigerator is really bare, but I can squeeze by until tomorrow. Need to set up my new phone but I don’t want to look at it till tomorrow. Migraines, meds and stomach issues make it difficult to think so I haven’t even looked at it.

My break is over and it’s time to tackle my office again. Just need to break down some boxes and rebox some items I need to return. That will help to push me to get a Cmas package done cause I have no intentions of getting near any post office or store after this Friday... with the exception of a grocery store but do believe I may try the online pick up version for the first time. Seems all my friends are doing it now
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:43 pm

I spiffed up the kitchen.
Got bread for hubby's sandwiches upstairs.
Need to bring the mixer box down stairs forgot it drat it anyway!
Collapsed the coffee maker box it is ready to go out.
Re-did the area where the mini tree is I wanted to use the holly fabric I hemmed
I like how it turned out.
Got the roll recipe that worked ready to copy onto my bujo.
Posted a pic of the tree area on fb.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:49 pm

We left Townsend TN about 1:30 after a walk with dfriends. We got home around 4 p.m., plus or minus. The big Christmas parade was starting a little later and we thought it was better to get away while we could. We had a wonderfully relaxing weekend there - from Friday night maybe 10 p.m. until today.

We both ate a late lunch as soon as we got here. I'll probably be hungry later but not now. I've walked the ddog and fed her. TV is off now that dh is out.

I have a quieter week this week but need to get myself organized. Beginning on Friday night we have a four night run of late afternoon/evening activities, including Friday night in ATL. Then I have three dentist/dr appointments in two day. After that things slow back down, thankfully.

Yesterday I totally relaxed and decided not to worry about my step count, so I did not make my 63K goal this week. OTOH, I had a very relaxing day with an extended nap and time with dh and dfriends. The dfriends' cabin is rented the rest of weekends this month, so they were decorating for Christmas too, and staying tonight for extra time there.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Dh's stew is more like a soup. Very thin broth. It will never be a gravy, at least I don't think it ever will be. He actually bought "stewing beef" from the store. I had 1 piece and put my second piece back in the pot. We also had the pork roast and it was hot from the oven. Not great, but it was food.

When I was in a large pharmacy this afternoon there was a man in front of me that bought 8 gift cards, spent almost $800 and told the cashier that he started and finished his shopping all in one place.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Rosie: we took three Christmas CD's with us on our road trip. One is incidental, instrumental music, that is Christmas adjacent, some from The Nutcracker, Vivaldi's Winter pieces from The Four Seasons, for example. It is staying in the CD player in the car because it doesn't interrupt conversation but adds to season when out in the car.

The December party was a HUGE success. We had 47. We used to count anything with 35 a big success!

Lots of smiles and conversations between people and lots of food. Most everything is put away although I'm 'missing' a couple of things and know we left nothing behind so am confused and too tire to search the apartment.

Dinner is frozen food. Dh has a pot pie in the oven and I'm going to have a lasagna. We walked over to the store to get spinach for a salad since we were both over-hot and in need of fresh air. But that was exhausting.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:56 pm

I think I need a consult with Elizabeth’s Own Design Services. I need to work up an original DIY ugly Hanukkah sweater. I have a dozen royal blue glittery Christmas tree ornaments from a thrift store, wondering about incorporating those somehow. There are commercial ones to buy but...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”