Super Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Super Sunday

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:10 pm

LadyM... yup gift cards for teachers are great and most appreciated
Yep! DD would wholeheartedly agree! A lot of what she gets she saves for her trips north and south over the summer or for up there.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:11 pm

Twins I would look for a sweater that had a colour that would clash horribly with the blue.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:46 pm

ugly Hanukkah sweater

Look at the thrift/consignment/GW stores. They have racks of seasonal ugly sweaters.

I enjoyed a couple of hours of downtime. It was more of a mental thing instead of actual because I was doing child care = feeding them supper, looking up the reviews on Crew Two game to see if DS11 could play it with his friends, settling the 2 kids down when they were getting rowdy and running through the house, etc etc etc. I did do some research on Yorkies and local breeders, then talked to DH about what I found. We are not ready to commit to getting one for a variety of reasons.

I spent some time setting up Home Maintenance SHE cards for the upcoming week. It is a busy week filled with multiple appointments so I will be surprised if I can get the SHE cards all done. But at least I have a plan in place.

I have a menu plan made for the next 3 days! This is a huge accomplishment for me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Checking in, trying to remember what happened to the past few days.

Tuesday = posted here about decorating the library. Tuesday night laundry.

Wednesday = spent several hours hanging out with DMom at DSis's while DSis & DBIL were at work. I took my crochet project bag, the checkbook with bills to pay, and my calendar to do some planning for the rest of the month. I told DMom that it was like going to a vacation resort: I didn't have to do any chores (although I did fix lunch, wash dishes and wipe the table), I got to chat with DMom while we figured out all the cable channels on the big screen tv, we watched a Hallmark movie, I relaxed and crocheted Christmas gifts -- it was great!

DMom is currently frail and trying to regain strength while doctors are trying to figure out what's going on with her heart and how to balance new prescriptions with the cancer treatment she has been doing. In the meantime, she feels nervous about being alone for very long. I'm happy to drive up and spend hours with her on my days off work. Family members are taking turns checking in with her. We are all hoping this is only a temporary setback in her health.

Thursday = busy day at the library.

Friday = errands and hanging out with DH.

Saturday (yesterday) = went north to spend the whole day with DMom. DSis had a 12 hour shift at the hospital and DBIL was (and still is) in another state hunting deer with friends. I took snacks for myself and a meal in a jar to cook for supper for the 3 of us, very easy. I took my travel sewing machine & tools up with me and had a wonderful time chatting with DMom and sewing a gift for a coworker. I left my machine there since I'll be going up again Tues/Wed/Fri.

Today = chores & went out to lunch with DH. At 4:15 I walked up to the library to see if anyone needed my help with the TinyTown holiday festival booths. I was needed for an hour to finish setting up and getting ready for Santa to arrive, but they only needed me because there was a bit of miscommunication about when all the activities were supposed to start so volunteers were not there yet. Not a big deal. The head of the Parks Dept did a terrific job organizing the whole festival, and as soon as a large group of high school volunteers showed up to help, things started falling into place. By 5:30 I realized that there were enough helpers that I felt like I was not really needed, and since I have a lot of work to do at home this evening, I walked home.

Tonight I want to clean the kitchen, cook the meat for sloppy joes to put in the freezer for Christmas Eve, and maybe finish making a few more Christmas gifts.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:53 pm

I got half the presents wrapped. Put the Christmas gifts we've been painting out on the rack in the garage so they could dry better and cleaned up the counter from all that mess.

Dinner was leftovers so really easy. We ate the chili from the freezer.

Got the beds made with fresh sheets and other stuff folded up and put away. The washed stuff smelled really clean and fresh. Usual 'full' load of laundry only filled up the new washer halfway. I doubt I'll be overloading this machine!

Going to wrap a couple more gifts before going to bed.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:10 pm

Ditto -- gift cards to restaurants, Wmart, ANYWHERE basically, are PERFECT gifts for teachers!

BookSaver -- how far do you have to drive to visit your dmom? (((HUGS))) and prayers for you both, and your sister & brother-in-law. It is so stressful when our parents are not well.

It has been a SUPER SUNDAY here; that's for certain! :shock:
If you follow college football, you've been waiting for my announcement:
WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!! :o :shock: :D :shock: :o :D
And... a look at the credit card... EEEEK... Disney World! :o :shock:
Oh well, you only live once... and dh and I were talking about it tonight, a lot of folks take the whole family on a cruise or something for a major anniversary. This trip will be our 40th anniversary trip. * whew *

We will be on a tight schedule -- some of you may be able to help me here -- (Dee?) --
:?: Has anyone been to the new Toy Story Land thing in the Disney Hollywood theme park? Our plan looks like this:
Monday, we will arrive sometime mid-afternoon and have till 9:00 pm (8:00 pm, our time) at Epcot...
Tuesday, we have all day long, till 1:00 a.m. (midnight our time) for the Magic Kingdom...
and Wednesday, New Year's Day, we will be going to the ballgame in Tampa, then back to Disney to do what we can at the Hollywood park. We will only have a few hours there, because the ballgame will not be over till 4:00 pm, by dh's estimate, and they will close at 8:00 pm (our time).
I've already bought tickets, 3 days, 3 parks, and have not added the Park Hopper option, but apparently I would be able to do that upon arrival, based on what I'm reading in the ticket confirmation I just received. I'm thinking I might need to do that and split Tuesday between the two parks? But then, ugh... the third days seems a total waste of time, LOL... to go all the way back there for just a few hours, if we had already seen it the day before?
* sheesh *
They have made it sooo complicated and sooo expensive now that I'm just afraid of making a mistake. We have not been there since probably 2003? DS was in college and still dating his high school girlfriend, so it wasn't long after his high school graduation.
I guess the best thing to do would be to get the Fast Passes for Hollywood, and put ourselves on a stricter agenda there than we would have to have the day before.

LOL -- dh is just concerned about being able to "hold up" for the trip. I am sooo glad it worked out to do this now. Who knows how long his health will be strong enough to do a big trip like this... and oh my goodness... dgd is sooo excited! And if it's possible, ddil is more excited than she is! (DGS, of course, never registers big emotions, but he says he is excited. And not disappointed that he won't get to visit the oldest European settlement in North America.)
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:46 am

I felt rather puny today yesterday was good.
I am better this evening, not 100% but better so that is good.
I felt so relieved after I did the counters yea for progress.
I have been trying to do better with the main part of the house the rest of it needs attn.
Trying not to overdue and worry about what I did not get to this & last mo.
Had some wins as well.
I guess I need to think about my weekly review.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:00 am

Lucy Lee, I'll try to put in my 2-cents tomorrow when I have my glasses on. I just came out to eat something to combat a low BS -at least it's heading down -at a 75 right now and I know from experience it'll be way too low by morning. I can say also from experience you might be better off looking at what you want to do at any one park in one day. Always has seemed to us that the park hoppers just never worked out. Too much wasted time for one thing. But I know you'll be very limited on time as it is. You don't want to be so rushed that you don't truly enjoy it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”