Make the Most out of Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Make the Most out of Monday

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:02 pm

I am up still in a bit o f recovery mode. PJ half day again I have on the new warm fleece ones.
It has been foggy seem to have lifted some.

I listened to a motivating planning video got some insp. For next year did some inking of my drawings while
I did that. I need to decide on a work book for next year, I have a lined one maybe a blank one for drawing as well.
I need a meal plan.
I need to dump trash and vacume before tomorrow bc it is trash day.

The small tree has been a lost less work yea!
I have quick breads frozen up ahead for h lunches so I do not need to mix any of those up.

Waving to all of you lovely ladies.

Taking stock.
I am thinking on what I want & need to learn next year.
I am SO Glad I did up the sewing when I did I was well & not fighting a cold, I have plenty of holiday gift bags now.
My other projects to seam up are of springy fabrics and can wait.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:16 pm

Hi everyone! I am trying to decide whether attending or not attending dance class would make the most out of my time. In favor: exercise is a really good thing, it is an enjoyable type, and I know I will miss Friday's belly dance class. Against: It is practice for a recital I am not in, I did not get enough sleep this weekend, and have many things to get done. Not matter what else happens, it is essential that I get to grocery store.

This weekend was successful on a chores basis, but not on a driving school or financial basis. It was 50% rain and wet, so I decided not to risk taking the camper out and getting caught in a deluge for my first "lesson". Of course, there was no deluge. I probably could have gone. Mom surprised me this weekend. While trying to decide whether to go, I called Dad, who made these decisions all the time as a boat owner. (He agreed with postponing). I was telling Mom how demoralized it was that I could not park it quickly when I needed to and she said something like, "Oh, you'll get it. You're going to have a lot of fun with it". I thought the only thing she wanted for me was a manhunt.

I stayed within budget on Christmas shopping, while even getting stuff for myself. In fact, I have about $80 left to spend on small things for local friends (more than enough). However, it was my camping friend's birthday Saturday and she picked a really expensive place. I was not expected to pick up her tab, but DD17 and I spent $76 and had only food and soft drinks, not alcohol and desserts. She has a "birthday month", so if a friend misses out on the first activity, they can join on a subsequent one. Next Saturday is another expensive (but delicious) place. I just don't think I can afford a birthday month, so I should decline.

LOLs done, but need putting away. Kitchen in dire need of attention. That will get done along with grocery put away. I'm in trouble with the cat coordinator because my fosters are getting larger, one markedly so. I cannot convince her that I am not HOME to monitor who is eating from what bowl and how much. I also know that imposing artificial scarcity on street cats can result in some nasty fights, and I have just gotten Ozzy where he can coexist with the other two unsupervised.

I have a suggestion for TwinsMom's ugly sweater. With thick blanket type yarn in a clashing color, embroider "UGLY" in Hebrew on your sweater. Bad embroidery should only take 5 minutes or so.

lucylee: There is a rotating restaurant, I think in Epcot. When we went, Chip & Dale and Mickey all came to our table at separate times. We got one on one character time with no lines, good food, air conditioning, and rotating restaurants are cool. I must put in a plug for my favorite though: Busch Gardens in St. Petersburg is way superior to Disney. Cheaper, better rides, less crowded. The most awesome meal plan I've ever found in an amusement park - reasonable price, good food, and really top notch for working with special dietary needs. (Go to guest services for a free card to handle the special diets).

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:43 pm

Morning...still in the desert

It’s another rainy day.. well sort of. The showers are off and on and misty at best. Course I don’t mind it and am enjoying the cool weather.

Been to the gym and just got back from the grocery store. Everything has been brought in and put away. Really but now I’m just taking a break. I’m being a minimalist this Cmas. My 4’ tree is up and decorated and I only put out the few other decorations that I love. Am happy with the results and know I’ll really be happy when it comes to taking everything down.

Now that everything is out, I need to put away the boxes and take them out into the garage. I also have a bit of work to do one my front door, but it won’t take long and I want to wait for a sunny day to do it.

Lucylee... A long time ago I lived in Orlando and have been back many times since then. I agree with Dee abt the traffic from Tampa to Orlando especially after everyone nails out of the football stadium. It’s gonna take time for that to occur and I bet the traffics will be horrid. I know nothing about Disney World anymore cause the last time I was there they were still using E coupons which I’m sure you don’t even know about. Just know the lines are always long.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:02 pm

Decision time.....we have been offered (at a hefty price) a 5-month-old Teacup Yorkie. She weighs 1.5 lbs but they think she might reach 4lb full grown. Argh! They typically sell the puppies when they are a few weeks old, but the breeder kept this puppy intending to use it in her breeding program. However, she has decided the puppy is going to be too small to breed. I am so tempted to get this dog for DGD8. But it makes no sense. Our other furkids are big....including a Great Pyrenees. There is no way we can integrate this tiny dog with the other 3 dogs. We would essentially have complete different dog care standards. Why would I complicate my life like that? It makes no sense. But I am struggling to say no.

practicing ....
No.
No.
No.
No.
NO!
No, thank you.

DH got a good report from the doctor. The doctor okayed DH's desire to keep doing a wait & see with the kidney stone. This isn't the option that I would choose if I was the one with kidney stone, but I support DH in his decision.

Homeschool has gone fantastic today. DS11 is motivated and focused.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:47 pm

Lucylee: When we went to Disney World it was decades ago. I took an 'insider's guide' book out of the library that had details of all the rides and how to position one-self to move to a prime location from the pre-load room to the actual attraction.

It also had simple recommendations for how to handle the park when crowded. How to handle expectations. How to choose which rides (it rated on motion and scariness.)

And provided two tips I've used for the majority of my theme parks ever since.

1) if going at opening, move in the clockwise direction, instead of counter-clockwise. The majority of the people entering the park go to the right or straight so you can walk on to the first first rides when you go against the flow of the crowd.

2) have a plan so you aren't trying to make decisions when tired or stressed. Mark out which restaurants to hit, where the bathrooms are, and what are the opening times.

As for being too much activity. I honestly think it is. I'd drop one of the parks completely. And make Ball Game day only Ball Game day.

Doing the research for this is perfect work for your dh's strengths. He should be doing the research and coming up with a plan before you go.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:51 pm

I cannot get moving today. After a quiet weekend I really should be motivated to get a lot done but I am not. I tried for a little nap but I couldn't drop off, but I did get warmed up. I'm cold too. No end of complaints from me.

Elizabeth, the embroidery would work and I easily found the Hebrew for ugly. It's five letters! I could also cut out a stencil and use fabric paint perhaps. OTOH I'm wondering whether to pull the trigger on buying one on Etsy while they are still in stock.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:59 pm

LadyM, the dog question would depend on the personalities of the big dogs. Would they be gentle enough? Little dogs often rule the roost! And on the + side you could teach DGD to care for it, feed it, walk it, etc.

Lucylee, I had to look back and read your post again. I was exhausted just reading it. It's been a dozen years since I've been to those parks so much has changed. I have, however, driven from Tampa to that area multitude of times and it is horrendous. It will take you way longer than you think.

Lines are long at the parks. Factor that in. I see DGS really loving Epcot because there is so much to learn, especially since he likes geography so much. Dee gave you way more detail than I ever could. Personally, I think your trip sound more like a week long adventure. Heck, I could stay in the acquarium at Epcot half the day! But if you stay flexible and just enjoy as much as you can you will get a lot out of it. Really can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Now after those useless comments, I'll go on. Not getting much done around here. I ironed another set of sheets and folded more laundry... got dinner in the oven... and got one Christmas card in the mail. That's the one that takes me the longest to do. My childhood friend and I send letters at Christmas and we keep up with each other's families. Try condensing a year's worth of news into one letter. I had writers cramp after I was done. The rest of the cards will go faster I'm sure. I'll have 2 more letters to write, though.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:09 pm

I think I will stamp a bit. I'll need to walk ddog again in the not too distant future.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Slow progress here.

The bedrooms are vacuum and dusted, and the bathroom floors mopped but then I stalled.

The laundry needs attention too. I'll work on that first and then try and vacuum some.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:44 pm

Got hold of camping friend and declined birthday round 2. She understood the situation and was not surprised. She wants to join a group going to a NYE party at a hotel. Group of 10 at a table, some couples, some singles. I would have to get a 1950s style Cuban dress and find some shoes to go with. I am going to see if my mom's old sorority formal still fits me. That would solve the dress, it is legitimately late 1950s. Not necessarily Cuban. I would end up being designated driver for at least two people, one an over friendly female drunk. I cannot afford the hotel rooms $250, so I would have to drive anyway. About $40 without hotel and drinks. Haven't decided yet.

TwinsMom: The advantage to the embroidery is that you can remove it after the new year and have a perfectly good sweater.

Gotta get back to it. Need to answer a user's question then training.

Return to “Post When You Can”