Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:35 pm

That's what I thought, Harmony -- ankle replacement.
Somewhere, y'all were talking about replacement vs screw-repair? My duncle had his hip surgery last summer with the screws. Then the screws started working their way out, the way I understood it, and he had the hip replacement done in December. He seems to be doing very well now, and has been for quite a while now. His recovery time was much shorter than I would have expected.
Still... I do hope my dmom will stay OUT of the operating room for a long, long while.

And btw -- BIG WTG, Harmony -- you are getting sooo much done!!! I am impressed!

Cathy, that is a very good motivation for getting the kitchen cleaned up. I do pretty well with my nightly clean up just by telling myself I know I will feel so much better when it's done. I know it only takes a few minutes, really, less than 15 normally, and if I just go ahead and DO IT, I can relax. If I put it off, invariably, I will be much more tired and aggravated at myself later.
* I'm trying sooo hard to use that same theory on my "get out of bed" routine when I wake up. I know my whole day goes a thousand times better if I do the s2s/morning routine before I ever look at FB or even this site... but ooohhh my goodness, the temptation is sooo strong. I'm doing better and better though. Maybe eventually the wake up routine will be habit too.

(((LadyM))) re: dmom

Well, I have the last load (for today) tumbling in the dryer, prior to hanging to finish drying. DH asked that I not wash his for another couple days, because he just doesn't feel like putting them away, and he feels he has to do that "his" way. OCD, you know. He has slept all day, practically, and still feels awful... and now
-- HE is disappointed that ds doesn't want to go to College Town with him tomorrow... and
-- DS/DDIL are probably disappointed that he doesn't want to take dgd out of her speech class to go with us... and
-- I am disappointed that I will be the one who has to make the long back-and-forth trip in a day, and I know dh doesn't really need to go... he's just not feeling well... and it's just...
UGH.
I know y'all are probably thinking, "Good gracious, they take that boy out of school every other week, why not take the girl???"
I know DH's theory is that dgs misses a couple hours out of the whole week, which I estimate to be about 15-20% of the week, and it includes mostly library time, packing up to go home time, and a little bit of math class. He makes straight 100s for the most part. (Last progress report had one 98 on it.) DGD only has two classes a week, and she has to miss Thursday for her doctor's appt. And she has a long way to go before she no longer requires speech therapy. She missed a day last week because ds was home alone with her & sick dgs, so dh really does not want her to miss this whole week.

So anyway... I don't want dh to be as sick tomorrow as he was last night and today... but I wish he would come to his senses and realize that a little bit of extra rest might mean the chance for more good times in the future. He is of the opposite way of thinking -- if we possibly CAN do something today, we better DO IT, because tomorrow we might not be able to. * sigh *
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:22 am

Lucylee, DH's hip repair was a big rod down into the leg (totally unnecessary said the next dr. and caused a lot of trouble getting it out) and a screw in the cracked part. The head of the femur (the ball) died and flattened and the screw then stuck into the joint so the point was moving back and forth with his leg movement. Dr. said he didn't know how in the world DH was walking at all. He had a choice to have the replacement done in the first place but he decided not to because recovery time was longer. :roll:

From what I've heard from people who've had replacements, the hip is the fastest recovery; the knee is harder, longer; the ankle is just an awful recovery. Dr. will be taking out a screw in there, doing something with the inside joint and also the Achilles tendon. Plus the replacement at the ankle. He says removing the screw takes an hour or two by itself. Yuck.

Yes I'm getting lots done, but I can feel how nervous I'm getting. I can't seem to sit still. I know this means at some point I will reach burn-out. I know better. But I can't seem to help myself. :(

Big cleanup in kitchen, ran the dishwasher and unloaded it.

Have a big shopping list for tomorrow. I'm going to get some things ahead.

Return to “Post When You Can”