Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Monday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:50 am

The thread is open.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:51 am

I'm feeling achy all over and barely moving.

I did get the last travelogue sent. I still have to review the hotels and do a write-up for the cruise. But I can barely keep my eyes open.

Nice sunny, warm, day here.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:35 pm

The first 5 hours of my day has been smooth with no big problems. Plenty of daily small issues to solve/fix/settle, but those are normal.

TA-DA's
** DS11 and DD8 up on time, fed and mentored them doing their list.
** DD8 delivered to the school
** DS11 homeschool assignments laid out for him to do. We will do 3 assignments together today because they have new concepts. He has made a good start on the assignments and has turned many of them in to be graded.
** I made my favorite low carb soup. I don't use a recipe but just add whatever is on hand and NTBE. I do love this soup and have missed having it. It is very tasty, filling and a comfort type food. And best of all, it doesn't spike my blood sugar (only went up 14 points).
** DH and DS11 have left to take DMIL out to eat and then to get her taxes done.

next up -
** Plant Argulula to test growing them as microgreens. I've never tried them like that.
** Attend weight lifting/balance/stretch exercise class
** Visit DMom

OMM to do today if time allows -
** Organize & declutter - my yoga pants
** Deep Clean - High storage area in my bathroom
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:43 pm

Just a quick check-in to say hello.

I made the trip home yesterday to do a few things. I watered my indoor plants which were looking dried out; hope I got them in time. I did a load of laundry and got some fresh clothes for me. There wasn't much else to do. The round trip was over 100 miles and I was really tired when I came back here to dfamily's home. I slept over 10 hours last night.

I did pay the last bill for the month and brought my little net book back with me. I've missed having a computer here.

I received a really nice card and note from dsis. Also she did a research on the hymn "All Things Bright and Beautiful", that was really interesting. So thank you very much, it is all very comforting.

I'm off now to see dh....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:07 pm

Think of you lots, Sunny. Especially did last week when we went to Parkesdale's on President's Day. Boy was it crowded. Actually guy behind dh paid for all 3 of our 'boats'.

Dh is meeting dfriend from church up there today. Guess they're going to start burning some stuff out in the back 40. Our lot probably goes over 1,000' deep so there's quite a buffer between the church and where the woods start. Tree guy did show them last week where there's a fence at the end of the property. They'll clear out all the underbrush and small trees and then the 'tree guy' will take down a few large trees -simply so it's not inviting for 'settlers'. But evidently that's not always where they stay. There were 2 by the walk through at church two weeks ago Tuesday.

Dsonil is getting ready to go to work. Guess he requested hamburg/mushroom gravy for dinner. So dh has peeled the potatoes and I have the hamburg thawing. DD will have to stop for mushroom soup on her way home since I won't have the car this afternoon.

DD texted us a while ago that she's not working her 'fun job' this Thursday. They have to each take one night off. Too bad they didn't put hers when she'll be gone for 3 nights next Month.

Jet lag, Kathryn, plus the trip catching up to you?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:09 pm

Sunny, I was hoping I mailed the cards to the right address. I figured you would stay with DSon since he is closer to the rehab place. How is DH doing? I'm glad you have your computer with you, now you can stay in touch a little bit.

I am doing little bits of this and that around here. So far I have folded laundry. Got brave and washed the sheets we'd used on the trees. We are a week away from March and I have never seen a freeze here once we get past February. We are supposed to get colder the end of this week, but they're not saying freeze. Rain maybe, but that usually warms things up. DH thinks I did it too soon. I didn't want to leave it for after this week.

Bleached dishcloths. Scrubbed out the waterpik. Water stays in the bottom of the receptacle and sometimes gets gross so I scrubbed it with a little bleach water and left the top off to air out. I use it every night.

I might close out the month. Need to sit and think if there is anything to do. Not sure if DH will get a paycheck this month or next. He did just one job and it's not finished yet. I did put the new insurance information in the big truck since it's home now.

Brought step stool back and adjusted the curtain rod in my bedroom. Every time I pulled the curtains a bit it 'grew'. I worked on my recipe box, put all the cards back and organized a bit. Pulled one out for something I'd like to make. Added stuff to my grocery list.

Think I'll change my bedsheets today also.

I don't know if I'll be glad I did so much stuff ahead of time, or will be wishing I had something to do. Time will tell.

Welcome home, Kathryn!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:23 pm

Up before 5:00 today.
Ex done.
Vac. Lr x
Declutter bookshelf. X
Declutter LR. X
Breakfast x

Took a break
Crochet. A bit.

Vac. Creativity room & m. Bedroom. X
Empty vac. X
Toss clutter x
Round up trash & donations x
Took out trash. X
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:06 pm

or will be wishing I had something to do.
I'm betting on the side that you'll find plenty to do once dh is home, dHarmony!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:48 pm

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Lots of walking back and forth. Not being weight bearing for 6 weeks wouldn't be so bad; he can use the knee roller. But, keeping his foot elevated all day and night every day and night for at least 2 weeks will mean I will be the person who fetches things all the time.

I hung up the 4 sheets from outside and I have mine in the wash now. I'm cleaning my bedroom too. I need to do DH's but he's in bed now. When he goes out and walks around doing stuff, he usually comes home and ends up in bed. I know it's the pain, though he doesn't complain.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:24 pm

H just left work called him in nearly noon.
I had oatmeal for lunch I needed the fiber.
Painted the top of the side table that I did not like the way the dark wax looked as a final coat,
it is looking better now yea!
That was fun.

Return to “Post When You Can”