Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi!

I slept in this morning. Took my time getting ready and then I went to knitting group at library. There is an indoor walking track in this complex, so I took my walking sticks and did 2 laps.

Went home at noon and threw all the burnables into the burn barrel and lit them up. It's the first day with a light enough wind to be able to do this. I also threw in 4 pieces of wood to make the burning paper smell better. I love the smell of a nice wood fire.

Went and bought tortillas on my way to afternoon knitting group.

Supper will be mostly leftovers from tacos last night. Tonight we are having fajitas. I took a blade steak out at noon abd now I am going to go cut it up and fry the onions and peppers.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:06 pm

I’m kinda spinning my wheels because Dh here is back in bed too! He just hasn’t felt good since we got home Saturday evening... and is determined that we go back (to College Town) again tomorrow! I wish ds would go with him tomorrow, but don’t know if he will or not. Ds got home around 4:00 am and had to leave again Thurs night or Fri morning — plus has to take dgd to Big City Doctor on Thurs, soooo I certainly don’t blame him if he wants a day at home with his family tomorrow!

Dh and I went to town — post office, mailed sympathy card to one friend, florist to pay bill god flowers for other friend, and I have 2nd load of laundry in washer.
Also followed instructions to re-activate my Chillow pillow — if you don’t know, you can google it, but it’s a flat, water-filled pad that is SUPPOSED to stay cool and eliminate the need to flip your pillow over to the cool side. Mine is just not staying cool at all! I mean, maybe for 15 minutes. And the lining in it gets all bunched up. So, maybe following the instructions (which we’re missing when it was delivered!) will help?

I want to just wave big to everyone — on the phone bc sleeping Dh is also “listening” to a Braves spring training ballgame on the computer. Sigh...
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:17 pm

I'm definitely sick.

I took two advil and the achy feeling didn't budge at all. I lay down for about 45 minutes and then s2s, then lay down again. Don't have a fever, just aches.

Dh and I were supposed to walk over to drop off his suitcase for repair and then have lunch but I am too sick. So I watched the Taylor Swift documentary on Netflix and he went out without me.

He called saying they needed the original receipt for the warranty repair (he had taken the life-time warranty description and original tags off the suitcase but they also wanted the receipt, trying to get out of having to do the repair.) So I pulled it out for him while I was on the phone and they started the warranty claim. The guy said most people don't have the receipt when they ask. I'm not most people and it took me less than 2 minutes to find the 11 year old receipt, thanks to the binder system (which I think I got from LadyM if I'm not mistaken.) All important warranties and receipts are filed away in two binders. The warranty paperwork makes it too much for one binder.

I spent almost $400 on that suitcase so I want my warranty repair! I had decided if dh and I were going to be traveling that much, I needed a good suitcase with wheels that could handle cobblestones since we were walking from train stations to hotels in Europe so often and my existing suitcase couldn't handle that. I bought mine and then dh went back with me that night and bought himself a larger one so our suitcases would match. He travels more than me so his is in worse shape than mine. In fact, he's been traveling with mine for the past couple of years when I'm not with him because the zipper was about to fail on his. Even if we have to pay, I suspect we'll do so since it is a good suitcase in other ways.

The new carry-on bag we bought for dh wasn't a success on its first trip so we may have to buy another one for him. The outer pocket didn't work the way dh thought it would for carrying his laptop and tablet.

After dh got back I remembered I'd started some laundry so I hung that up after folding and putting away 3 of the loads from yesterday.

Now I'm back in my recliner.

Dh is taking the tires to the tire shop to be stored. So I can let the office know they are out of our parking spot now. I'm leaving our tire rack there for now. I guess I could give it to ds to store his in his shed.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:22 pm

64* sunny is Friday's forecast!
I got a small sidetable repainted it is drying now.
The birds are really enjoying the area where I raked leaves this weekend.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:42 pm

I'm definitely sick.
Uh huh! The 'dreaded' flying sickness. I seem to catch something while flying most of the time. So I try to be extra careful.
I'm not most people
Me either, Kathryn. I save all those receipts and/or warranties. DD ends up saving NOTHING and then ends up needing it down the road. Receipts get thrown in the trash -I shred mine after I've recorded them if needed. I've gotten so if I see a receipt for a relatively large purchase of theirs -I simply put it with our things & mark it for them.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:03 pm

I need a better system for receipts. The binder system sounds perfect -- are they in page protector sleeves? Just alphabetized or do you have them divided into categories?

(((Kathryn))) I am so sorry you brought home that particular souvenir of the trip (sickness) -- hope you feel better soon!

I have a vicarious ta-da to share!!! :D ;) Hallelujah -- ddil has dgd's certified birth certificate IN HER HANDS now. * whew * Took her less time to get it printed than it did the receipt for her $15. * shaking my head * (She went to the health dept immediately after picking up dgs at school.)
Now her only problem is finding the right place to "click" to add the birth certificate to the website application for pre-k. She said if that didn't work right tonight (she has had trouble with it on her laptop, but said she'd try on ds' desktop computer tonight and get him to look at it with her) but if they can't figure it out, then tomorrow she said she will go to the board of education and just ask them to help her with it!

DH is up and in the shower now, and dear elderly friend has called to ask if I can "help her with something." She has probably received some sort of mail that she isn't sure of. Sometimes she gets these automated informational packets from her retirement group, or the insurance company or something like that, and sometimes she gets letters from her bankruptcy lawyer or mortgage company. She just needs me to read it and tell her one of two things. I always end up saying, "I would not worry about this, they just send these because they are required to by law" -- OR I say, "I think I'd just call the ... (whomever)... and ask them what I need to do about this." SOMETIMES I have to make the call for her, but honestly, she really just needs someone to reassure her that it's all going to be okay.
(It's not, really -- she will never have her house paid off and will probably never see the payments decrease -- she is perpetually late with her payments. She gets her SS check on the 3rd and the payment is due on the 1st, so she is never able to get ahead with the payment. But dh told her as long as she keeps paying, they will not kick her out on the street, so she should just look at it as if she is paying rent. IMHO, her children don't deserve to receive it at her death anyway. If they were doing better for her, she wouldn't be in this situation to begin with. :cry: :roll: )

Cathy, as usual, your supper sounds sooo good!!! We are having Philly cheese sandwiches. Not my favorite, but it'll do.

Harmony, dh's surgery is Thursday? This is on his ankle? Sending lots of prayers and good wishes. I imagine you will be VERY glad you've done all this prep work ahead of time. A man who can't get about can become VERY demanding... (((BIG HUGS))) (for both of you! -- but you may need them more, LOL -- he'll have pain meds to deal with his troubles!)

(((HUGS))) and prayers for Sunny & Mr. Sunny, too!
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:16 pm

Hi everyone! I had a Friday dinner with friends. One had a visiting friend who is a full time RVer. Our times at one AZ RV park will overlap. Saturday was a normal day. Sunday we had a very strange church service. Instead of a sermon, it was a guided meditation. I had never done that before. I am not sure I would like that to be an every week thing (probably won't be), but it was interesting as an occasional item. DD18 would like it every week. The meditation was nothing that would give even the most traditional Methodist pause, it was all in keeping with our usual.

Sunday afternoon was the animal org annual meeting, where I was elected to the board again on my usual platform of "elect me or do my job". When I got home, I did the church webwork, made progress on the bathtub, and moved all the light bulbs from the tool cabinet to the pantry. Freed up a lot of space. In the evening, I sent a status report to the owner of the guest cats and she asked if I could bring them soon! I loaded up the car with their things and headed out. I have to replace two items that were broken due to my own fault. They gave me an acoustic guitar as a thank you gift! I had mentioned mine was stolen in a burglary. This is not someone's beloved instrument, it is not new and way out of tune. I kind of feel bad taking it, knowing they have so little. But I also know they wanted to do something nice for me, and this sure is! I now have only one cat in my house.

Tonight, I have my new dance class. Later on, I should call the pet sitter and make sure she can make it. She was talking about moving to AL, but I have not heard anything about that. There is some more stuff I need to do on my trip planning and always the bathtub. The latter also has a deadline - needs to be fixed before Dad gets here.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:53 pm

My day went as planned. I haven't done the "if I have time" items and I don't think I will push myself to do them today.

I was upset when I came home from DMom's. Nothing new. Just the same-oh-same-oh. I gave myself the gift of some time "playing" with the microgreens. I pulled 7 Pak Choi plants from the microgreen tray and put them into pots in a hydroponic configuration. Now I wait to see if they will survive the transplant. I think one of them might be too small but I'm going to give it a chance.

DS11 is riding bikes with a friend. I'm watching their GPS location move around on the map on my phone. DD8 is playing an online game with a friend. This means the 2 girls are talking non-stop through the speakerphone.

I'm watching a History channels series before I decide whether to include it in homeschool assignments.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:13 pm

I don't enjoy watching Wheel of F, so I decided a while ago that I should have the kitchen cleaned up by the end of Wheel so I can watch Jeopardy. Seems to be working so far.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:49 pm

Lucylee, yes this Thursday DH is getting a total ankle replacement.

I got the vacuum going and did both bedrooms and another hallway. Got my bed remade and other sheets folded up. Sorted mail. Sometimes I just walk in through the garage where my recycle bin stays and throw half of it in there. I no longer spend hours each month reading trade magazines.

Elizabeth, what are you doing to your bathtub?

So, today was a success but I sure am tired.

Oh, I keep all receipts for stuff we buy that isn't just consumables. I copy them also because over time the ink from store receipts fades and becomes unreadable. I keep all the operation papers and guarantees with the receipts. I have a big plastic bin full of hanging folders. They are divided into types like office electronics, TV's, vacuum irons sewing machine, tractor and lawnmower, etc. etc. Last year I was able to pull the info out and DH found a new clear hose assembly for my water pik. Once in a while I remember to pull out things we've gotten rid of and declutter paperwork. It's a handy thing to have.

Return to “Post When You Can”