take care tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: take care tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:21 pm

I stayed up long enough to dust the bedrooms and put away some laundry and things from the trip. I still have to reload my purse and computer stuff and then I will be done.

Now I am back in bed for a bit. I'm going to try and get dressed next time I am up.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:22 pm

recharge my Fitbit & having a difficult time with that

When this happens to me I check to make sure I have the fitbit in the charger right (sometimes I put in upside down). If that isn't the problem then i clean the contacts that touch located on the back of the fitbit & on the charger. So far, doing one of these 2 things have solved my charging problems.

I started to order the school photos but I am going to wait until I can get DD8 input on the style.

The microgreen warming pad is full and I have 2 microgreen trays ready to start but I don't have a place to put them. I have delayed buying another warming pad until I made sure it would be used. I have proved to myself that I will continue to grow microgreens and will utilize another warming pad.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:31 pm

I've done all that, LadyM, and now all of a sudden it's charging again. :roll: Going to leave it until it reaches 100%. Dh's wasn't charging either. I finally discovered that the power cord wasn't pushed in all the way on the computer, meaning it would turn off every few minutes and not charge. Trying to get his charger set up to a simple USB charger other than the computer. Because he'll never make it when he gets home without my somewhat 'know how'.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Speaking of charging electronics: our Xi charging pad isn't working. Our tablets and dh's phone have built in Xi charging and I have an adapter for my phone. I thought, for the trip, it would be great to have a charger we could share. It is on an angle so works for dh's phone overnight, then I'd put my tablet on it in the morning, then his, then my phone over dinner.

When I grabbed the wall plug portion, one of the plugs broke off in the outlet. Apparently, our devices need a charger with a 2A output and so it took a few days to figure out why it wasn't working. I had an extra with me, so we used that.

At home, though, that 'extra' isn't extra here so the Xi charging pad is currently not hooked up. While typing this all out, I realize a way I can make this work without having to buy anything.

I'm up and dressed. We are having pancakes for dinner tonight since it is Shrove Tuesday. At the moment, I have no plans for Lent this year.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:43 pm

We’re here in College Town — ballgame at 6:00. Dh is feeling pretty good and so far we’ve had a pretty good day.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:45 pm

I have a bit of success back from an errand to thrift shop.
Walked the dog while I was out and about.
Got dead heading of one side of the back yard and burn those in the fire pit. Yea for that.
Lovely day for it.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:02 pm

Hi everyone! Dance class was an awesome workout and will give me new skills, so definitely will continue that. The class is more advanced than I am, but the instructor has everyone work at their own level and gradually add in things. There are two men in the class, which is unusual. When I got home, all I did was call the pet sitter (all arranged) and run some LOLs (without put away). I need to figure out my list and prioritize. DD18 will undoubtedly be doing homework tonight, so there will be a chance to catch up.

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!

Church is having a Fat Tuesday pancake supper, but I can't go because DD is with me on Tuesday's and can't eat regular pancakes anymore. I have some gluten free at home, they are even better than regular. I miss the church gathering though.

To answer Harmony, I am resealing the bathtub. No crisis, just maintenance.

I need to cleanup the sewing room now that the guest cats are gone. Catbox cleaning time has been radically decreased, as is feeding time at the zoo. Is MewTwo lonely as the only cat or am I projecting? Hard to say. Doesn't matter, there are too many stray cats for him to remain an only.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:52 pm

Parental Failure. *sigh* DD8 teacher text me to say that DD8 had 3 meltdown cries today at school over nothing. I immediately suspected what it was caused from. This morning I noticed DD8 eyes looked as if they were blood-shot and blurry as if she was getting sick. I checked her forehead and it was fine. I turned her light off at normal bedtime last night and she was snuggled & tucked in her bed. DD8 is a good sleeper and normally goes right to sleep. I just assumed I was imagining things until I got the text from her teacher. I checked DD8 online history and found the problem. It showed that DD8 was watching videos at midnight! I consider this to be a parental failure because I never did finish setting up the child protection for DD8 like I have set up for DS11. ANYway, I have now finished installing the parental controls and have her devices set up on a schedule to automatically block wifi and data access at night. I will talk to DD8 about this later. However, I can't right now because she came home from school and immediately fell asleep.

DS11 is eating smores at a friend's grandparent's home. That seriously sounds good. Dreaming.... melted chocolate, melted marshmallow goo with the smell of burning wood on a campfire. Snapping back to reality.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:34 pm

I smell like I have been having smores but it was just getting the other dead heading of lemon balm, it is like weeds here, hoping this helps some,
One more bed done on the West, and some on the North, also a South bed nearly done. H said to not over do we have good weather here all week.
I got chocolate, large bar to break up for cookies, with banana in em got flour sifted.
I am resting and will make up meat balls to bake and meat loaf. X
Lent begins tomorrow I need to think about that.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:44 pm

I helped clean up a bit after dinner and then went back to bed for a while.

Got up around 8:30 and worked a bit more putting things away. Then I just opened all the mail from the trip. That took about 35 minutes. I have one bill I may have to pay but aside from that, all is well.

Return to “Post When You Can”