Wonderful Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wonderful Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:42 am

Let's be aspirational this morning and work towards finding the wonderful in this day!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wonderful Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:47 am

My temperature continues is slow drop to normal. It is now below 'regular' normal (98.6) as it heads to my normal of between 96.8 and 97.5, so that is wonderful.

I'm also feeling stronger in some ways this morning. Although after so many days of inactivity, my knee is causing me grief.

My teeth are sore this morning, a sign that I was clenching through the night. I also apparently snored 11% of the time. So not a really great sleep last night but I was pain-free through the night so I'm counting it as a good night!

I'm coughing more as the cold progresses into my chest. And I have some post nasal drip.

I cancelled the concert for today and would have been well enough to attend so that's a bit disappointing. Dh has a medical test today and I might drive him just so I can get out for a while. The big storm doesn't start until after the test. They are now calling for up to 1.5 feet of snow so it will be a big storm.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:03 am

1.5 feet of snow

WOW! I'm trying to wrap my brain around receiving that much snow at once. I can only imagine.

I've got a full day of appointments. I keep repeating in my head....8, 9, 1, 3, 6, 8. I'll set some alarms to make sure I'm on time for each one.
8 - DD8 to school
9 - Me to doctor appt
1 - me to exercise class
3 - me to attend DD8 monthly program at school
6 - Take DS11 and DD8 to the local kid church. DH will attend our church
8 - Pick up kids at church
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:06 am

Hi!

It was snowing when I woke up at 7 and it's still snowing. The grass is rapidly disappearing.

I am getting ready for the maids, but there was an email yesterday stating they might not come today, so I keep checking for another email every 30 minutes.

I need to figure out something for supper. I'm thinking Shepherd's Pie. It seems to go with a snow storm.

Just saw a school bus, so the schools are open and buses are running.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:27 am

hello :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:33 am

Cathy: our snow day will be tomorrow if the dump actually hits us. All last winter we had a 'weather shield' over the city - you could see the storm all around us but it hardly hit hard here at all. This morning dh said the radar showed "Shields Up!" at the moment with the cloud cover here better than around us. But I don't expect it will hold for the next 36 hours.

I just saw on FB that our old neighbour in the village, the pizza guy, has died. Not unexpected. He died on the weekend, and there will be no visitation or funeral. The notice came from a local pub which has the sign from the pizza place hanging in its dining room. I've sent the obit to the kids along with their address. Dd in particular will be hard hit. When she was little she had a sleepover with them as a treat before she had her hernia surgery.

Ds actually was their last customer the day the pizza place closed - we had gone in for lunch and heard that it was to be their last day. When ds got off the school bus, I sent him up for pizza and his was the last one they had enough ingredients to make. They had expected to get to supper rush but the community swarmed in as soon as they heard.

I'm sorry there will be no funeral - this is the sort of communal mourning people need. But I understand, because his wife is very private and he wouldn't have wanted a fuss made over his death. In fact, the obituary reads as he requested: "Tim's Dead."

I'll send a card to his wife who I used to be very close to. Even after moving here we'd visit a couple of times a year until this past 18 months. I figured things were bad because she hasn't been on FB recently. She is normally the first to 'love' pictures of my grands.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:30 am

OK, I've sat here about 3 hours. Time to hit the shower.

Dd just invited me to meet up with her at a petri-dish of germs (indoor playground) but I politely declined.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:06 pm

Morning...

Up, had breakfast, morning routines done, footprints gone and kitchen cleaned. Oops just remembered I didn’t unload my dishwasher. That’s up next.

Wanted to work getting my big pots ready to plant my sunnies but we’ve been been having winds at 25-30 mph winds. Not good for moving dirt to pots.

My DGD’s first birthday is the first week of April, so I need to make my plane reservations today. Hopefully that virus won’t make it difficult to travel. I’ll need to keep an eye on that. Then it’s off to the gym, the library and the grocery store in that order.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:24 pm

I have done qt stuff, planning, got more books, journals set aside to declutter.
No exercise yet.
Meatloaf muffins & patties are in the freezer for use later.
I toasted up some cruitons, h got some sour dough high fiber bread, fom someone thinking they were doing som ething great for us,
not a fan of it so will use it in cooking, & animnal food. [H. Is on low fiber diet.]
My system us better was out of whack so I had to focus on hydration yesterday.
That makes me a happier person.

Next up ->
I need to do rounds in wet areas today.
Found a quiche recipe to try out.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:09 pm

hello again - heading out soon.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”