Wonderful Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Wonderful Wednesday

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:11 pm

It is still snowing non stop here. Patio is completely clear and most of the driveway is also clear. Grass is covered, but not deep. Less than an inch in the backyard.

Maids haven't shown up yet. Dh has come and gone for lunch. Dh said it looked like they had already been because everything is tidy and surfaces are clear of stuff.

We are going to have soup and grilled cheese for supper. I gave dh the choice of 3 things and we sort of choose this option so I could use up some bread. I took a loaf out of the freezer yesterday and we haven't touched it yet.

I am going to put a fire on later this afternoon. I will also make a rice pudding with raisins by request.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:35 pm

Good morning! Way too cold today. I am tracking down problems in a child support database. There are problems with some of the design, but I just have to get cases working not redesign the thing. The first two problems I fixed, but the third is odd. Some parts of the case are a standard problem that I know how to fix. However, and employee got assigned to an Inactive location. I could easily change the location to Active, but which is the problem: (1) employee assigned to wrong location or (2) location should be active? I have a question in to the appropriate person.

As expected, DD18 did homework and we did not go to the pancake dinner. I also did not consolidate, organize, and prioritize my lists, which I really need to do. There is a church service tonight at 6. I should probably go to that. I need to pack up my home computer so IT coworkers can look at it tomorrow. My carpoolmate is out sick. Everyone around me is getting sick. I REALLY don't need that. When a cold gets into my chest, 90% of the time it becomes bronchitis. For a while, doctors were trying to avoid prescribing antibiotics for it. Apparently a lot of people get better on their own. They have learned that I am not one of them.

Payday is tomorrow. It is all spent on a lovely new radiator for my car.

ETA: The location should be active.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:36 pm

On a break ... 34* - 52* today's forecast.

Dressed by ten.
All but kitchen sinks cleaned.
Baked breakfast banana, oatmeal chocolate, coookies for h.
Cleaned up after cooking adventure.
Sun is trying to come out.

Next round in the kitchen...
Yeast rolls for h.
Kit. Spiff. Underway
sinks are all cleaned now.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:50 pm

Conversation with DS11 this morning -
Me - Do you remember meeting Ken and Kathryn from Canada?
DS11 - Yes.
Me - they are predicted to get up to 1.5' of snow today
DS11 - THEY ARE SO LUCKY! We never get that much snow. Can we move to Canada?

I am home from my doctor's appointment and visiting with DMom/Dsis. I can feel my stress at the maxed-out level after talking to them. I handled it okay at the time, but I don't do well with processing negative input and condescending behavior toward me. ** Breathe In good thoughts..... breathe out and release the negative emotions *** Repeat frequently. Let it go.......l

I've made the decision that I will return to limiting my exposure (and the kids) to DMom like I was doing before going into emergency status with her broke hip. DMom is doing well now and has plenty of help. Home health is there 7 times a week plus DSis lives with DMom. I will return to calling DMom on phone instead of physically visiting her. It is easy to end a phone call when she starts the negative talk.

I'm putting myself in time out for the next 2 hours. That means I won't attend my exercise class which I probably shouldn't skip because it is a fun class as well as being good exercise. But my immediate need for silence and mentally regrouping trumps my need for that class.

It doesn't help that I missed 3 hours of sleep last night being up with DD8. I totally accept I would be better at processes today's negative input if I was operating on full night sleep. It is time like this that I wish I could nap. I am wide away and high energy. Napping ain't gonna happen.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:58 pm

Hello. Back to post, ran out the door to put a check in bank. Could have waited a few days but trying not to have loose ends around here. I rushed to do a statement today so we could have that out of the way today.

LOL just beeped dryer is done. Need to fold.

Helped DH load those big heavy doors into truck this morning. Asked him could he manage. Knew the answer. Went out there and helped him install. It wasn't as bad a job as could have been. I've been to worse. But took the rest of the morning. I stopped at nearby supermarket and got the stuff that wasn't at the store last night. Got some lifesavers for me and a crossword puzzle book..now I'm ready for the waiting room. Don't know if I'll use this stuff but feel better to have it. I'm planning to take a lunch in a little cooler. I'm sure there will be a cafeteria, but sometimes hospitals have wonky hours.

Heard from the drs. office, going over instructions, making sure DH was doing the right stuff with his meds and vitamins and aspirin. Yep, got that all correct. Yep, have the pain relief for after. Yep yep yep. Waiting for the call from the hospital.

Helped DH put another tire on the big work van. The last old one that was there went out of round today, it was on its last legs (or rounds!). Not an easy job. Big heavy tire.

Off to keep going around here. DH has one more errand to run. I feel like I'm in a whirlwind. LadyM, I'm with you in the stressed out department. DH is also, he's on a short fuse.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:11 pm

LadyM: we are lucky! We live somewhere that can deal with that much snow. In a few days, all the roads will be cleared and in a week all the sidewalks should be completely opened again. Through it all, we'll be able to drive, just really slowly and carefully.

We are also lucky because these storms are predictable a few days in advance so there's no excuse not to have everything we need while we should stay inside. That means only about half the people who are normally on the roads will be out tomorrow. That makes the cleanup even faster.

We, personally, are lucky in that we can 'shut down' for the 36 hours required to avoid being out in terrible conditions. And we have grippers, walking poles and snowshoes so if we have to go out on foot, we can. We live next to ski and walking trails so can enjoy the weather if we want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:15 pm

I s2s and got dressed before noon. But I did have to lie down after doing that for about 40 minutes because I was worn out.

I haven't done much since then except have a snack and vacuum the bedrooms. I'm starting in on the living/dining rooms now. They need dusting as well as vacuuming. The sooner I get the dust all cleaned up, the easier it will be for me to breathe.

It is just under freezing right now outside, so I have the windows opened as well. The snow has just started here. The moisture will help make breathing a bit easier as well. I should put out pots of water on the radiators now to help me as well. I put that off because dgd gets into everything, but I need it now.

I'm coughing a bit and when I bend my head I get a headache so my sinuses are involved now. That's progress!

Dh just walked in the door from his appointment so the car will be in for the duration of the storm now.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:35 pm

It is totally overcast and misty here today, temp is 54*.

(((LadyM. )))

Just a quick check in, I'm on my phone here at the big Hospital in Fredericksburg. This is the same hospital our dgd-H works at, and on her floor. She would not be allowed to care for him though.

Harmony, I will be thinking and praying for you and dh tomorrow. I'm glad you sent the mail to dson's address; I think I will be here for a while.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:19 pm

It's just above freezing here. I have been to the bank and back. Roads are fine. The only snow on my car was on the rear window.

I have a fire going in the fireplace. I sat and just enjoyed the crackling noises for quite a while. I've turned on the ceiling fan in living room to help move the warm air. Dh complained that the house was cold at lunch time.

I need to cook some rice for the rice pudding.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:33 pm

I did one round outside and hr. Flew by I cleaned out bbq pit ash and spread it in dirt, also on beds. Spiffed up the plant cage.
Had a lunch break I am back to kit. Spiff duites,
Mix up bread dough x then work more in back yd. Bc street sweeper was stirring up dust. while dough was raising.
Waving to you all!

Return to “Post When You Can”