Wonderful Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Wonderful Wednesday

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:33 pm

I have not gotten done what I thought I would get done. Daily loads failed again. Obviously yesterday's "fix" wasn't. I have now cleared space on the data exchange server. Either the loads will process tonight, or I will do them manually again tomorrow. Then they will be caught up and not need my supervision.

Harmony: Dell has a crossword app for your phone. I paid a little less than $3 for 300 puzzles. There are also 3 free daily ones, but they have ads.

I can't imagine enjoying anything cold like Kathryn. We had friends who visited for 2 days of snow play. The first day, I went with. The second, I chose to go to work and meet with them for dinner. That's right, winter is so miserable, I would rather WORK than be out in it.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:47 pm

Thank you Elizabeth! That sounds like fun...for the time when I actually have a smart phone! :lol: I actually don't mind the little books, though, especially since the answers are always in the back!

Snow is beautiful. I don't know what's going on here. It went down 10° in an hour and DH called on his way to youth group said the rain was mixed with little ice pellets (hail) hitting his windshield. :shock:

Well I am bushed. Hospital called, surgery is scheduled for 7:30 AM and they want us there 2 hours before and it takes an hour + to get there...so that's 4:15 at least and I'll be up around 3:30...so not much sleep. I'm rushing to try to get everything done.

Need to pack up what we're taking, make lunch, take a shower. I made a couple big dishes of chicken roll-ups and they're in baking. That'll be dinner for Friday, maybe lunch depending on what time... Some for the freezer.

We were busy all afternoon. Putting tools away, picking up in the shop so DH could get big truck put away for the duration. Putting the tires and stuff back up in the storage spot. He ran his errand and did the bank for that one. Put the knee roller in the back of the car and I shined it up a bit. Looked like someone rolled it through mud puddles. Turns out our friend who is helping with our yard told us his wife also borrowed it when they removed a toe (diabetes). We are all caught up. Need to get going here.

Thank you Sunny. I'm sorry I kept on and on about all this, but it was nice to have somewhere to share.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:32 pm

Elizabeth: it isn't that I enjoy the cold. It is that cold is relative. You get lots of days this temp, you must because you get snow. It is the 0*F and below that I don't like and that's why I'm happy it is around 32 today. Although I forgot to close the bedroom window and dh says it is rather chilly in there now!

Vacuuming and dusting is done except for the office vacuuming. Dinner was leftover pizza. The dishwasher has been run. When I cough, I have a bad headache so I'm sipping water to keep from coughing.

Wit 1/2" of snow down our new LRT system fell apart with more of the electrical cables coming loose. So the system was down again, at rush hour, between just outside downtown and the end of line at dd's end. They had to evacuate one train (after an hour) by leading the passengers along the rails. A second train was evacuated by a train to train transfer (it was at a dual track section.)

How dd would evacuate is in question. I'm sure someone would help her with the kids along the tracks until they get back to the station but our stations are unheated concrete platforms without shelter. If dd has to leave the stroller behind, then she's stuck there with hundreds of other people waiting for a replacement bus. With two children, one of whom can barely walk in her snowsuit. On a platform crowded to point of dangerous. And no stroller.

The train system is just 6 months old and this is the second evacuation they've had to do in that time. This is also the second time the electrical wires have come loose. They had to shut down power to the whole system while doing the evacuation earlier today for safety reasons. It is obvious this train system is a lemon.

Return to “Post When You Can”