Thoughtful Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Thoughtful Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:48 pm

I'm home! This was a long trip to be driving - over 1400 miles in five days. I think I posted on Sunday night from near Orlando. We got to AuntP's by 2ish on Monday (she had a dr appt Monday a.m. so we were taking our time.) We had a lovely time visiting her. She is always so gracious and hospitable and that hasn't changed. Her memory and gait are both off but she is still walking and mostly dressing and bathing herself. Until three weeks ago she was driving but I believe (from her caregivers) that she is showing a rapid decline. Dh thinks we'll be going back within three months.

She wanted to send us home with things but we declined for now. Her surviving son and two granddaughters will be there next week and we want them to express their preferences. I would love love to have the painting that she's "promised" to us but not at the expense of upsetting closer family.

We had a good time with her - out to dinner twice (once to her favorite expensive restaurant with her best friend included.)

I need to look at re-entry here at home.

Also keeping Harmony and dh in my thoughts today for healing!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:10 pm

Temperature are the same but wind has come up, gusting to 30 mph. Had to reclose some windows because they weren't sealed tight.

I had soup and cracker for lunch. I'm still not dressed but will try doing that now and maybe go walk around the outside of the building or the block. Maybe getting fresh air will give me energy.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:46 pm

I'm thinking dMuffin isn't feeling up to snuff. She got up to greet me when we got here and we've been out to sit in the sun a couple of times, but she's returning to the bedroom bed and seems very subdued. She had blood work maybe 8 weeks ago and it was perfect. I'm going to see how she reacts to a walk later before I check in with vet.

I put together a Shipt order so I don't have to go to the grocery today or tomorrow.

We received an invitation to the May wedding that we'll go to this year. We have one in March and one in October also, all out of town. This one is cocktail attire so I'll probably need something new for that. Have lost too much weight (good problem, but OTOH I don't like shopping.) Dh reminded me I still need a dress for the black tie March wedding. All of that is contingent on not traveling for a funeral also.

I know dh is glad to be back in the office this afternoon. He received a few phone calls from clients while we were away and, while he was able to tell them to call his partner to make trades or for current info, I know he's probably also calling people to check in.

I decided on grilled burgers in lettuce wraps for supper. I will make a green salad also or perhaps chickpeas, tomatoes and mozzarella salad.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:51 pm

hello dear all.

d brother is in charge today and tomorrow. it's lovely!

hope you are all well.

time for morning routine. It's 1:51 pm here but I am just getting started.

I went to the gym this morning for training, tar jay and then lunch with dh. (the food is terribly unhealthy but dh loves it - I always feel awful when I eat there but the people are nice and he is happy.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

cats

Postby cats » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:11 pm

dee a suggestions for dsonil how about getting a basket or two when you find his clothes in the dryer put them in the basket then put it in his bedroom worth a try :D
things are slowly getting done around here but everyone needs to quit trying to throw me off track . :lol:

nice day here need to get moving again

have a wonderful day

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:21 pm

At lunchtime, dh and I decided on Shepherd's Pie. I had 2 pots full of pater on the stove waiting for potatoes and cauliflower (I really have to use it up) and I had just taken the cauliflower out of the fridge and my phone rings. Dh wants to go for fish and chips in the town just east of us. I asked him if he has a video camera in the kitchen. He didn't laugh or answer the question. LOL!! :shock: 8-) :shock:

Now the weather website is posting how to deal with blizzards on FBook.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:33 pm

I have done a round on the declutter plastic planters out of the plant cage delivered then to the ffa planting shed.
Mailed a letter for h.
And dropped off our ballots.
Just had lunch.
It is nearly time to get going on another round on outside chores.

I git the dead headed stuff burned, cooked over open flame.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:08 pm

Definitely keeping Harmony & Mr. Harmony in mind today! Hope she can update us later on how everything is going.

I am TOTALLY off track today, and I had SUCH high hopes. DH went to lunch with football men and I knew I'd have a couple hours to myself at least.
FIRST mistake: did not get up and s2s immediately when he did... just lay around in bed till he started out... and as he started to leave, he said, "You have an email from D.... (friend from teacher group) says she needs a favor..."
SECOND mistake: Since we are both officers in this group, I thought I better check on it, so I went to the email... and then... the whole morning was a mess. The email said, "Where are you right now? I need a favor." And it was from her legitimate email address and had her husband's name as the subject, so I thought, maybe something is wrong with her husband? * sigh *
THIRD mistake: I replied, "Sorry I just saw this -- what's up?"
THEN... I get a reply -- still from her regular email at a t t .net -- telling me she's travelling and needs iTunes cards for her friend with liver cancer! This time in the header, it had "Reply to: her email" except it was h o t mail instead of the correct one. Good grief... So I just ignored THAT and sent her a text telling her I assumed that was not her and she needed to know.

Next, I got worried that since I had responded to the very first message, maybe they would try to hack MY email next, so I spent waaay too much time figuring out how to change my password and taking care of that.

In the meantime, got caught up in text with dcousin, whose uncle on her father's side is at the point of death. Spent some time texting with her about that, and FINALLY got in the shower. :roll:

When I got out of the shower, ds was calling. DGD had good appt with the rheumatologist, except she told them she was leaving the practice. :cry: She (the doctor) is just fed up with some problems with management/etc, sounded like, and ds said he totally understood, but they are all so sad. They all loved her so much. He said the doctor started crying when she told him. But she was able to recommend someone else in the same office that she thought would be good for dgd. DDIL is going to call her (she didn't get to go to this appt) and see if she can get an address to send Christmas cards or something and stay in touch. It seemed the doctor was just really attached to dgd; she doesn't normally see patients that young.

Then ddil called and wanted to know if dgd could spend the night MONDAY night so they can take dgs to the dentist. * huge sigh *
I asked if they really BOTH needed to go to the dentist. Tuesday is Election Day, plus dh has to go to the hospital and get lab work, and Wednesday, dgd will go to College Town with us and spend the night, so we'll have her probably all day Thursday as well.
PLUS, they are both spending the night tonight, and tomorrow night, and we will have dgd all day tomorrow and both all day Saturday, and dgs Saturday night. DH is about at his limit.
DDIL said that was fine; dgd could stay home Monday night.

We're about crazy around here...
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:14 pm

Dee, I think I have seen some silky pants liners somewhere... maybe try also Cuddleduds? I mean, I wouldn't think people in Florida would need them, but the warm environment doesn't apply inside a hockey arena, does it? I have never worn them, but I have friends who LOVE them! They say they serve the purpose of long underwear, without the bulk and everything.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:18 pm

Word from Sunny in J&C --
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”