Friday Focus IX

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Friday Focus IX

Postby BookSaver » Fri May 08, 2020 9:09 pm

Check in: I have washed dishes and cuop, so 2 of 3 tasks completed.

Last night LadyMaverick asked about watching movies in small chunks of time. Yes, usually that's the only way I can see any video including youtube.

Oh, I still need to tell the story of
The Gray Kitten's Big Adventure

Monday morning on the way to work I was sure that I could hear the gray kitten somewhere outside, but I couldn't see him anywhere. I looked all over the yard and all over the shed. I even wondered if I was hearing new kittens (yes the stray female is pregnant again) but no, there was no one in the shed. The mewing was so faint and the traffic noise so loud that I decided it wasn't a cat, it must have been some kind of bird.

Monday night when I went out to walk around the yard, I heard the mewing again. I thought I was losing my mind because I walked all over the yard and couldn't find the kitten.

I don't know what made me look up. Well ...

I thought the "kitten stuck up a tree" was just an old joke. Nope, it's real life. The gray kitten had climbed up the neighbor's tree and he was up so high he couldn't figure out how to get back down.

I stayed out there for quite some time trying to encourage him to climb back down the trunk. I came inside to ask DH if he could come out to figure any way to help. He looked and said I was right, we don't have a long enough ladder to reach even if we had permission to go into the neighbor's fenced yard.
So ... I finally got so cold that I had to come inside. We had to trust that sooner or later that silly kitten would be brave enough to try to climb down the tree -- and face the fact that he might fall and kill himself.

(THIS is the kind of situation that enforces why I hate getting attached to the outdoors cats. They live such dangerous lives and we cannot help them.)

Tuesday morning I looked up in the tree for the kitten but he wasn't there any more. No sign of him anywhere and I couldn't search for him because I needed to jump in the car to go see DMom.

When I got home late afternoon, as soon as I got out of my car, the gray kitten was there underfoot -- acting as if of course he had not spent a day and a night stuck up in a tree, what was I worried about?

The End.
:)

Lynlee

Re: Friday Focus IX

Postby Lynlee » Fri May 08, 2020 9:49 pm

BookK - Now Grey Kitten knows you care, and that makes all the difference.
An adventure to smile about.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”