Saturday Season-ing IX

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
MysteryWoman

Re: Saturday Season-ing IX

Postby MysteryWoman » Sat May 09, 2020 7:40 pm

Dee, IIRC, when Blessed posted recently, she had made some mention of wanting to write more but not having the time. She may have gotten busy, but I hope she’s at least peeking in when she can. (If you do peek in, Blessed, Hi! And give us at least a wave, why don’t you?)

Good morning, lynlee!

I am sorry Mr. Harmony is being a poo, but it sounds like he has earned whatever is coming his way.

I got the mask finished yesterday. It is nothing to be proud of - it is not attractive in the least, but it is functional, and, most importantly, it is DONE.

I have not done much today, particularly compared to DD20 and DH. DD was asked by her roommate, who lives about 2,000? miles west of here, if we could help her get her things to a storage unit for the summer. So the storage unit was nowhere near the school, but it was about halfway to the airport, so no big deal. Except that when they got there, they found her unit was actually at their other facility, which was another 40 minutes away, well beyond the airport. So they had quite the adventure. Meanwhile, I’ve done some dishes and some laundry and puttered about.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 09, 2020 8:13 pm

Dee, I've been meaning to say how wonderful for Leo. One of dd21's fav names, she once named a little critter that. We found it easy to remember to send up prayers.

Well, good for Mystery Man, for quite literally going the extra mile :arrow: today. Dd is thinking he's a good Daddy, which is a Mother's Day present.

Lynlee, thank you for the glimpse into the warm service, which I found meaningful. I had never heard one of the songs near the first, and was smiling to see the woman reading the scripture. I agree with you that one needed one's head right in there, l-i-s-t-e-n-i-n-g... .. They did well with just a few.

Dd40's family sent another gift made by the Ugandan women's aid group they support. I loved their necklace last year. This time totes, change purse, and a little soap bar. Each member of her family sent along a homemade card, printable, colored with pencils. (Yes, in theory, dsonil lifted a colored pencil to send me a card, but it's only a theory ;) ).

Dd 21 created an image of one of my favorite tv characters in pastels.

There are some mysterious doin's around dstepson's which dd must help with this evening. Ds has been on the phone with HRH twice. I think something they were planning has fallen through, but just to try was very sweet. After all, how can you top a new toilet seat? (I think something may be wrong with the way I said that.)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 09, 2020 8:37 pm

Harriet wrote: After all, how can you top a new toilet seat? (I think something may be wrong with the way I said that.)

You think?!

Spent time with dgs this afternoon. Also watched a planning open house at the main intersection of our 'main street' which is undergoing major development. I still think the building is too high but it looks good otherwise. The online format of the open house meant everyone's questions were asked, and it was recorded so I could watch it (despite 3 interruptions.)

I still have to clean up the kitchen. Then I might go to bed since I never napped.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 09, 2020 9:11 pm

I worked in the garden and planted 7 different kinds of plant seeds. They are planted way too close to each other but I'm working with what I have available.

The beef broth has been strained and put into individual serving sizes. Its too hot to taste but it looks good. I'm letting it cool down before putting it into the refrigerator.

Our local pizza man weather predictor just told us to get ready for next week because we are in a high probability of tornados. He doesn't usually say these types of things. He usually waits to give weather information until he knows it is right. I've grown weary of the chicken-little type forecasters. I might have to start ignoring him too.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”