Monday Pampering

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Monday Pampering

Postby Elizabeth » Mon May 11, 2020 7:58 pm

It's nice and sunny now, work is over, so I am going for a walk.

I found out that a report I created years ago mainly for me to understand the data is still in use five years later and even has the same name. I called it cross-pollination and it comes in two flavors: one shows how much of an office's work is performed for other offices, the other shows how much of an office's work is performed by other offices. It has a non-serious title because I never expected it to be used. Managers have been using it to cover their booties for years. Flavor 1 results in: We didn't get our work done because we spent so much time on other offices' work. Flavor 2 results in: Those other offices messed up our work.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 11, 2020 8:50 pm

Dh never got his exercise bike done since he had so many phone calls after his conference this morning. I convinced him to walk with me instead but then we ended up with just a 30 minutes walk because we had a chat with someone.

Got home in time to read to dgs. Before that started, ds texted asking for a walk and I had to turn him down because he was around the corner and the store and I was promised to dgs.

We had an early-ish dinner and then I knocked three simple items off my to-do list, 2 phone calls and deliveries.

Today I learned that Lysol wipes have to be stored upright. I tucked the case on its side in my hall way and some of them were wet when I went to deliver them.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon May 11, 2020 10:28 pm

(((Elizabeth))) and (((dbro))) -- I do hope he doesn't have the virus, but if he does, I pray he has a mild case. Does he have other health concerns that make it more dangerous for him than it already is?

(((Cathy))) -- Thumper's lesson was one my mother has always tried very diligently to instill in me, with mixed results...

I never did any housework, changing sheets/etc, at all... there's always tomorrow. I did cook supper, wash dishes, and fell asleep in the recliner afterwards. Since FitBit registered less than 7 hours sleep last night, I feel justified.
Dgrands reported an excellent time at swimming lessons, with no hesitation from either of them to jump off the diving board (I wish I were that brave!) and dgd learned to float without the teacher's assistance. They stopped by to give me the last of my Mother's Day gifts -- a white paint pen to use to dress up my lettering efforts. DS also successfully got the storage unit locked back, "nothing to it." :roll: :oops: (He said the door needs to be lifted slightly and dh and I kept trying to make sure it was fully closed, tight to the ground.)

Oh well. The only other thing I've done tonight is some teacher group business -- phone call, texts, emails. That's done for the year. We won't meet again until September.

Flavor 1 results in: We didn't get our work done because we spent so much time on other offices' work. Flavor 2 results in: Those other offices messed up our work.

This made me LOL, Elizabeth! I love it!

(((Harriet's dd))) This corona thing is just messing up everything!
I guess we should all simply be ecstatic if we are healthy... and I am truly very thankful that I am... but my goodness. When you see what it is doing to people's mental states, and the workplace -- ds losing all his preferred work, working now for more hours & less pay, making less than he would if he had never applied for a job and simply drawn unemployment... it just makes me want to scream! But I know, all that would mean nothing at all if I had to change places with someone who had a loved one in the hospital alone with this terrible disease, or if I were the person suffering the disease myself... so... trying to be patient.

OH -- and giving thanks that there are no monkeys having gang warfare in our streets! Have y'all seen this??? I almost don't believe it, but it was reported on several different sites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22JgHBb-0dg Is this real???

Speaking of the multiple marriages -- we know of a couple who married & divorced & remarried each other so many times that the state refused to issue them a license anymore. At least, that's what their son told my ddad. It was the son's father & step-mother. I didn't personally know our state had a limit, but I guess it doesn't get tested every day, you know.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”