Monday Pampering

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Monday Pampering

Postby Lynlee » Mon May 11, 2020 8:43 am

Looking after ourselves is important.
How can you care for yourself today?
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lynlee

Re: Monday Pampering

Postby Lynlee » Mon May 11, 2020 9:02 am

Good Morning all.

Today started my day by going out into the sunny front yard. Remembered some yoga moves to start my day.
I got dressed, ate 3 meals, and washed my clothes.
I also practiced more yoga moves at different times, and took a short walk.
So often lately these things are neglected, so doing those ort to be everyday things today counts as pampering in my mind.

Its time to turn off the lights and head down the hall. A bath will be superb.

Good Night

PS - Harriet and others who commented on my local parish - old typed homilies are available on my church website. They are always short.
I am still to watch this weeks service. I have trouble hearing even when I'm in church so I could make it a practice to read Fr Graham's message regularly.
The musicians are a couple. Though usually there is a monthly roster of who does which of the 3 weekend services.
Until next weekend there are limited people allowed to be there. From next w/e 10 people can attend.

School started today for Prep and Yr1, Yr 11 & 12. There is a 2 wk delay until the other years begin.

Hugs and prayers for you all.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 11, 2020 9:04 am

I was going to touch up my toe nails but my day changed.

First, the patio door was left open on purpose but that meant that room and the bedroom were to cold to go about in bare feet.

While on Skype with dgs this morning, I saw snow flakes as well, although they stopped quickly and the sun is out again. My dbil in outer-Toronto woke up to a complete snowfall with everything covered, so I knew snow as a possibility!

Dh has a conference all week this week. Starts at 7 a.m. (which is around lunch for the Europeans) and evening for the Asians and will run until noon every day. So he was up at 5:55 to do his floor exercises (he went to the office to do them because the bedroom floor was so cold!) I was up by 6:25 and got s2s, the bed stripped and remade, the bedroom tidied, the laundry started, and the dishwasher emptied, muffins in the oven, and my tea tray ready by 8.

I need to flip the laundry now, go brush my teeth and then start my day.

At some point, I hope to get my calendar in order, go for a walk, get all the WHB done, do the taxes (still not started) and deliver some Lysol wipes to people (someone gave me a case of six containers to hand out.)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 11, 2020 9:50 am

I could stand to take the polish off my toes and repolish. I did get a more neutral color polish at the drugstore last week but haven't gotten around to doing that.

I was up before the alarm went off - what's with that? I've done most of a.m. routine, still need to do personal hygiene, meds and breakfast, and kitchen clean up. Dog has been walked.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 11, 2020 11:00 am

I was up earlier than usual. Dailies done. Yesterday I had a walk in the rain with my umbrella. It wasn't coming down hard so I didn't get wet except for my toes. People waved from their garages or porches as I went by. I'm working on laundry right now.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 11, 2020 11:04 am

I've been slow starting this morning. I did get from A river a USB to transfer my pictures from iphone. So I immediately set to using that. I've been deleting some pics from my phone hoping to increase my icloud storage without subscribing to more. In the process I came across a picture of dd when she was 3 on her spring rocking horse! I can't tell you how long we searched for that picture a couple of years ago. DD had wanted it for some project at school. Never did find it but clearly I had it at one point and took a picture of that and one of her in her curlers. So glad to have found that -made both of us happy. So with that I feel pampered today.

Time I got busy and did some real work though. DD will be at school tomorrow, Wed, and Thurs cleaning out her room. She sent a message to her 140 students today asking if they had things at school they wanted. Evidently the school's trying to set up a schedule for them to come get anything from the school. Right now they're discussing the possibility of school not starting till September -they usually start the first week or so of August. I'm almost betting it will be put off until then -which of course makes for a very short summer next year. DD did say that the AHL had finally cancelled their season -I thought they had done that some time ago. Still waiting for the NHL to finally decide what they will do. DD's trying to decide whether to take her NHL uniform with her this summer -just in case she should need it. Chances are slim but again it's the 'not knowing'.

DD had texted dcampmanager yesterday about DS-R building a step ramp for dBailey before she gets up there. Answer was to go ahead but asking that he do it during the week so that the ones who want to complain aren't jumping on him for that. It's such a 'tiptoe through the tulips' time! There may well be announcement in the next day or two hopefully lightening the restrictions somewhat. It would be ok if campers were allowed to go to another's site with social distancing etc. We shall see!

Wasn't that rain nice, Harmony? We didn't get any until last evening though and then it really poured. Everything's so green this morning. Far cry from the snow and freezing temps up home. Dh has lost all his plants -now why did he plant so early? :roll: Now it has to be done all over again (and he plants plenty of flowers believe me!)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 11, 2020 11:53 am

OY. I just had a "recorded interview" with insurance adjuster about my lost earrings.

I realized earlier that I need to read and analyze the scholarly article for the discussion group tomorrow, so I'm on that. It's about a woman who married at least eight times!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 11, 2020 12:12 pm

Got most of the WHB done, including laundry. Still have the office to vacuum and dust.

The floor mopping is technically tomorrow (back when I had a wet and dry days for housework) along with clean bathrooms and kitchen so the apartment isn't completely clean. I'm not sure I'd have the energy to do all the WHB in one day and there's little need for it. It was split up before due to the children needing my time so I really could only allow 2 hours for house cleaning in any given day.

While dusting I found my women in the Bible book on the dining table and realized I have Bible study in 40 minutes.

So I need to get that reading done! And eat.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 11, 2020 12:44 pm

8 times, Twins? Yikes! I can't imagine.

Got my LOL hanging up. It's a little breezy, so I'll keep an eye on it to see if I need to take clothespins out to the rack. Yes, Dee, sure enjoyed the rain yesterday.

Did some decluttering, will put that in other thread.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 11, 2020 1:24 pm

No kidding, Harmony! It looks like her entire family were serial marry-ers, and both her father and a son were bigamists. The son said he thought he was divorced when he married the second time so perhaps it was accidental, but really!

Return to “Post When You Can”