Tuesday Tunes

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday Tunes

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 12, 2020 2:09 pm

Nothing done yet today except polishing my resume for heaven. Picked up my friend from the ER and safely deposited him home.

Chatted for an hour with my sister. We settled the donations from our charitable foundation for this year. Continue support for TEMBO and her charity (an afternoon music program for children in poor neighbourhoods in Toronto) and then two large donations to Covid relief programs, one in each of our cities.

Finally, dh and I went over and witnessed documents for a resident there changing his will and powers of attorney. Without being able to leave their building, they had no friends they could call on to witness (witnesses must be much younger than the person so they'll still likely be alive if the will is contested.)

So, here I am, just past 2 and I've done only people things. Our taxes and my housework remain untouched.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue May 12, 2020 3:01 pm

well my dr's appointment was interesting yesterday. The waiting room had been divided by tape for Sick and Others, with every other chair marked off. I was an other.

I asked my PA if they had seen many virus patients during the shut down and she said no. Not surprised to hear that. She thinks my lower abdomen pain might either be a bladder or kidney infection and gave me antibiotics for that and my sinue infection. She also did a urine test. Won't get those results till tomorrow. If it shows up negative for infections, then she is going to order a scan.

I don't have any signs for either type of infections. No pain when I pee, everything runs out normal and I have no pain in any parts of my back

My sinuses are already responding to the meds and at least I can breath and my headaches are at a bare minimum of pain so that's all good.

Summer winds have picked up so I spent some time out in my garden restaking my sunnies. Couldn't stay out long as my anitbiotics came with a strong warning to stay out of of the sun. Did that once upon a time and learned my lesson big time.

for the rest of the day I am just taking it easy. Haven't felt well, so there's no need to push it...

Waving to ya'll....
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 12, 2020 3:20 pm

Spent some time sorting through my floss and putting the extras into floss-away bags. They look like teeny tiny zip locks with a hole punched into the corner, so that they can be stored on rings. Some people even store them on shower curtain rings. Hmmm...

Supper tonight will be bacon and fried eggs and home fries with onions. Rye bread for the toast. Last night was spaghetti and meatballs.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue May 12, 2020 3:27 pm

Hi everyone! Today has been spent working on trouble tickets, but now I can get back to underlying problems. I keep losing connectivity, never for long, just frequently. It is ok when I am on my own computer, but when I have to remote login to another (very frequent for me - anytime I need database access), it is a pain!

In answer to lucylee's question, my brother has IgA deficiency, which CAN, but may not make respiratory infections and viruses easier to catch and/or harder to get rid of. That being said, in the past, it has not been that way for him. You can also go through life without ever knowing you have it. It can be related to allergies and his allergist tested him. It can run in families, but I am not affected. If he ever needs a blood transfusion, his doctors need to know. IgA stands for immunoglobulin A. If you are missing IgE as well, you have no immune system, like the "bubble boy" cases.

My guess is that there could be a limit on number of marriages to prevent tax or other fraud.

I know what keto is, but what is LadyMaverick's keto tribe? And be careful, my cat almost died of ketosis, I cannot imagine how it came to be regarded as a good thing.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 12, 2020 4:41 pm

So glad you two were able to help your neighbor, Kathryn & Ken!

And a HUGE ditto to LadyM's words to Cathy:
(((CathyS)))) I want to be your friend through good times and also the struggles. Please don't shy away if you are going through a difficult time. Someone said that no one lives on the mountain tops in the path of life. We have to walk through the deep valleys too. I encourage you to keep posting and let us walk beside you during the hard times. I don't know what I would have done if ya'll hadn't helped me get through some really rough times I've experienced. I am thankful for this group.

I can't second that enough... what on earth would I do without you ladies to keep me from letting my own mind make me crazy from time to time? Sometimes I feel like all I do is bring the group down with my little crises, but oh my goodness... what would I do if y'all weren't here to take my hand or sometimes give me a stern push? ((((BIG GROUP HUGS))))

I'm so sorry ds has such problems with his anxiety on stormy nights, LadyM... as y'all might imagine, I was an anxious child before I became an anxious adult. I've been using the Hyland's Restful Legs PM formula lately. I think it may have melatonin in it. I still have some nights that FitBit doesn't think I sleep well, and sometimes that's simply because I don't sleep enough. But I think it does help.
I've never been diagnosed with Restless Leg Syndrome, but I believe I do have it. Sometimes my legs just feel sooo "twitchy" at night, and it almost never happens EXCEPT at night or when I've been sitting for a long while (long car trips, etc.) It scares me, because of my dgf's experience with Parkinson's, but I have no other symptoms at all, and I hate to start taking meds for it (fearful of side effects.)

Do I take to much meds already -- in your opinions?
I take -- the following OTC meds/supplements:

Antihistamine (Zyxal, Claritin, whatever)
One a Day Multivitamin (usually women's metabolism or energy variety)
Pro-bio Slim (which is supposed to help with weight loss, along with the Probiotic value) (2 daily at the moment, b/c 1 wasn't doing the trick!)
B-12
Calcium
Magnesium
Fiber pills (2 daily) (recommended by Gastroenterologist, and it does seem to help)
-- plus these prescriptions --
Estrogen & Progesterone (rx by ob-gyn)
Paxil (rx by ob-gyn)

Does that sound like a lot? It looks like a lot, but I spread it out into three sets during the day. DH can swallow the most awful handful of pills all at once, but I cannot do that. One. At. A. Time. for me. And dh takes waaaaay more than I do, with all the rx's he has, plus all his supplements for arthritis and I don't know what all.

When will the wariness and consideration of the risk factor way of doing things end?

Ditto that, too, LadyM. Even though we have not been as "careful" as some, I imagine, still... we have not been in any close crowds and haven't really spent any time with anyone except ds/family & my dmom. We have hair cut appts next Tuesday, and are instructed to wear masks... and I made a dermatologist appt for June 4. (I have a worrisome spot on my collarbone.) But to think about getting into big crowds like for ballgames or concerts... hmmm... and to think about school starting back... more hmmm...

LOL at your dsil, Dee... I think that is how ds/ddil would be -- just push the stuff to the side and carry on.

Aside from making the dermatologist appt, I have
had lunch with dh/ds/family -- local "greasy spoon" hamburgers for them, pizza for me --
started the laundry
talked to dmom
... I guess that's about it. Need to go take flip the laundry now.

Waving to all!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 12, 2020 4:56 pm

I was amazed that Cathy had so much dental floss that she needed to sort it and store it in bags and... by then I realized I didn't know what she was talking about until I realized it was probably embroidery floss!

My broken towel rack has been repaired. Except I don't have access to my toilet or shower for 24 hours. Sigh... I moved my shower stuff to dh's. It is the middle of the night pee that will be hard to remember to walk to dh's bathroom instead of mine. Mine is no more than 8' away. His is like 23' away because I have to walk all the way around the bed.

I'm not in the mood to cook dinner tonight. Dgs suggest fish and chips which isn't time consuming or hard (and dh does the chips so I only have to prep the fish and get it into the oven. I'm just in a bad case of dowannas.

I spent the time learning how to make a see-through mask for lip readers. The woman I was helping out today couldn't understand a word I said because she lip reads. This is a nightmare for her. If it is a success, I'll make one for her dh too. I'm hoping to spend some time with my old minister who is also profoundly deaf. So it is worth my time to learn to sew this. I even have the right materials on hand, I think. It takes a vinyl shower curtain or table cloth cover and I have the latter.

I am hesitating to make this because I also have the carpenter's face shield mask I could use. Maybe I'll go off and check out a deaf community sub reddit.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 12, 2020 5:10 pm

what is LadyMaverick's keto tribe?

It is an assignment of the class I'm taking. The assignment is to start a small group to learn the science behind Keto together. This is stretching me BIG TIME. I like being behind the scene person and not the one leading or teaching. I am planning to just share the video and handouts from the class and point in the direction to get the answer.

be careful, my cat almost died of ketosis, I cannot imagine how it came to be regarded as a good thing.

Are you thinking of Ketoacidosis? If you have 4 minutes this doctor explains the difference. BTW - this is the person that is teaching the course I'm taking. This video was shot over 2 years ago. She has continued to be on the keto diet and the difference it made in her looks is astounding to me. I almost didn't recognize her from this older video. Here is a recent video of her if you want to see the change and it tells why she started researching the keto way of eating.

Today's plans -
Done - ** Trash day
Done - ** Patch Tuesday - Microsoft updates
Done ** DD is coming for a visit
In Progress** Homeschool
In Progress** Crisis school
In progress (I have to call again tomorrow)** Contact office about DD8 insurance
Done ** Lunch @school
Done ** One thing a day done well
Done ** Garden care
In progress - ** Keto tribe
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 12, 2020 5:51 pm

I was amazed that Cathy had so much dental floss that she needed to sort it and store it in bags
I thought that for a second too, Kathryn. I used to wind my floss on plastic bobbins that were filed in a small box with compartments. Kind of like a tackle box, and they were filed by number so I could find what I wanted. OCD much?

Cathy, we are here for you, good times and bad. I wish bw2 and Nancy would come by.

I played around with DNA matches all afternoon, then walked. I need about 1200 more steps today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 12, 2020 8:15 pm

DMC floss for cross stitch and embroidery and friendship bracelets if you are so inclined. I don't think I have ever made one, but dd used to take my floss and do that back when she was in school.

I am being very OCD with my floss right now. I am making a Floss book so I can take it with me to various stores when they reopen. I am quickly running out of the 445 that I need for the moon in the project I have been working on. I have floss in the floss storage boxes and floss in the floss-away bags. I also have floss being used in various projects. To properly catalogue it in Cathy's world all of the floss has to be in numerical order.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue May 12, 2020 9:36 pm

Cathy... I had to have my floss in numerical order both in my box like you have and on my ring as well
The #445 seems familiar to me. What color is it?
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”