Thursday Thoughtfulness

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Thursday Thoughtfulness

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 14, 2020 12:42 pm

Just sayin'! So good to see Blessed (and Cathy) checking in. We were concerned.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu May 14, 2020 12:48 pm

I’ve spent mort of the morning out working with my sunnies. It usually takes an hour of my time But today I needed to feed them as well which adds another 30 minutes or so to my time. Also needed to restake some of them as I have a few that are now reaching over 7’ tall. It’s week 11 since I started my planting.

I am feeling better. Didn’t realize how bad this infection was bothering me. The pain on my lower left abdominal has decreased in pain but still noticeable. I am puzzled as I have no other pain or difficulties when peeing.

Still have some laundry to fold... usually not this far behind. Haven’t pulled done laundry from a basket in two forevers. Not beating myself up though.

Harriet... I have seen those types of conversations on Several of my FB pages. I think the stress of being home, the disagreements about the virus and the political Climate have attributed to this. Seems like more people are on edge during these times ...and I believe fear is the leading driver on this. Even some of my friends have surprised me with some of their comments. It’s a trying time for many, that’s for sure.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 14, 2020 12:55 pm

I am going to start working at the TOTH and work 45 min. I keep starting, then sidetracking. Right now I'm waiting for the superglue on my thumb to dry - there's another crack in the skin trying to start.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 14, 2020 1:08 pm

Because dh and I are 'together' all the time, working from home and because we are relatively unaffected financially by this (same for our kids), we are weathering this time with the same number of disagreements we usually have.

On the other hand, I do see things deteriorating in society. The "let's pull together" lasted about the 2 weeks we were told we'd be shut down. Now people are getting to the end of their rope.

I have a subscription to the national newspaper, The Globe and Mail. As far as I know, you must have a subscription in order to comment on articles (it was one of the reasons I subscribed in order to read the comments.) The quality of comments and negativity is horrendous there. It may as well be reddit or facebook or twitter. As well, the reporting is not accurate (for instance, their piece on what the rules are across the country is out of date for my province.) I get a nightly email highlighting the most important news articles of the day from them and one night 2 of them were outright disproven 'research' that wasn't even research and had been disproven 8 days prior to it being highlighted in their email. I have decided to give up my subscription because I may as well be reading the uncurated open internet.

I guess that makes me one of the grumpy people!

I've got online rent payment completed now and moved enough money into the account that if my monthly transfer from my investment account fails, I'll still be able to pay rent. I also paid bills.

I note that the bike we were to receive today no longer has a delivery date, just a big warning that there are delays in delivery and they'll let me know when they have an clue. At this point, the bike is now in Southern Ontario by the border so I assume it will be stuck with all sorts of cross-border items away delivery. Which is sad since it was originally in BC so could have been shipped right to Ottawa without having to be mixed in with all those imports.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 14, 2020 2:10 pm

I.just.can.not.get.started.working. I worked a good part of that round then dd called and she yakked on forever. She is to come by later anyway to pick up some things and I thought we'd talk then (I wanted to hear about last night's board meeting) but she was determined to talk now. So that was almost 30 min. I kept her on speaker phone and did a couple of things while we worked but it's so frustrating. So I'm giving myself a break for myself and starting again in 8 minutes. Vent over.

I am really feeling frustrated and stressed that I'm not getting anything done. My CPAP stuff is still in the vinegar/water solution and needs to be rinsed out.

I guess I'm in a mood now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 14, 2020 3:14 pm

I got a lot done that round, and it helped my mood. Just need to mop the master bath to be done there, the powder room is done. I rebooted laundry and started another load, and rinsed out my cpap tube etc to dry. Checked off some things and feeling a little better. The next round will take me to 4 p.m. here.

Now dd is here.

editing now, I was about to get started at 3:15 when dd showed up. :roll: and now she's gone. So I'm finally getting back to work. I feel like I need a break after i see her, with all of her griping about temple and ds. :roll: I did poke around and purge in the refrigerator and wipe it out, and polish the front of the dishwasher and refrigerator while she talked. :D

So I'll work to 4:30 now.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu May 14, 2020 3:59 pm

I.just.can.not.get.started.working

BOY. Same here, Twins... my goodness... I am just in a MOOD.

I mentioned this in J&C too -- I'm just feeling nervous/anxious... with no real reason, nothing in particular on my mind... I'm just tired of THINKING about all this * stuff *!!! We are not taking a LOT of extra measures when we go out, except for more hand-washing & sanitizing carts, etc... we don't get close to anyone except the close family... but it's just ALWAYS on our minds. And I'm excited about getting to get a haircut next week, but nervous about that, too! As more and more things open, more and more people get out there & the risk increases... so it just pulls on my mind both ways.
I would really hate to be in a position of authority right now and have the responsibility of making any of these decisions. I KNOW we need to get back to "normal" somehow... but... the disease IS real and -- although I still don't know one single person who has been sick -- some people have been extremely sick and died... so... ... ...
OTOH, I feel so bad for ds, whose life is just completely turned around, and even when we do return to "normal," how long will it take for people to really feel confident enough to attend concerts and festivals in large groups?
And when school starts back... what effects will that have on the virus?
It is just a big mess, and I guess the whole lesson to be learned is trust and patience.

BUT. In the meantime, ooohhh, it is hard to get myself going.
Today, dh and I went to the post office, dropped off the electric bill in the slot (they have started closing at noon), came home & read the paper, and I wrote a check for my teacher group dues. Will mail that tomorrow.
Also made a phone call to an elderly friend who lost her husband in March, right before the shutdown of everything. She was not home, so I just left a message on the answering machine. She is not in good health herself, but her daughter lives with her, so I am hopeful they were just out running errands or just taking a ride.
Need to call my dmom, didn't talk to her yesterday.

I vacuumed the bedroom & bathroom last night at 11:30 * I saw where Harmony made reference to Lucylee time, LOL!!! * and today, I really need to clean the bathrooms.
DGD is spending the night tomorrow night.

YES -- so glad to see that Blessed is okay!!!

I am sooo sorry to hear your dmom is having such a tough time, (((LadyM)))... I know the helpless feeling you must be having as you try to listen to her concerns.

DH said to me "1 truck less on the way to closing down". I've never even heard him say this before.

Small victories, Harmony!!! :D Little strokes fell great oaks...

Waving to all.

OH -- what do I hope to keep doing? Maybe reading more. And possibly lettering my own greeting cards more.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 14, 2020 5:35 pm

Put me in the group stressed about all this. Annoying as all ____ right now....because hurray! we sold the truck! First guy who called. We went over and met him and he drove it around the back streets with DH and gave us a down payment.

Now here's the hard part... our county is doing titles either by mail or in person by appointment. Guy has moved to another county but just recently and because of the shutdowns, has not changed his address, so legally he's still in this one. It took me 2 1/2 hours to straighten all that out and his new county is totally closed down, doing everything by mail or email...which leaves us (me, essentially) to get paperwork done correctly. After listening to his life story on the phone :roll: we decided to just do it here and he will transfer once everything opens up and he gets his end straightened out. Easier, because we will have an official's eyes on it all.

I don't know how I feel about this. Good to have one less vehicle. But already DH has jumped in the SUV and run errands. He was supposed to use the other truck for stuff like that. I suspect he'll be taking our suv for a lot of stuff now. Poor old car will probably wear out sooner.

Beautiful day here. No reason for me to be in a mood. I sure can feel the stress, though.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 14, 2020 5:44 pm

I know, Lucylee. I'm anxious about having this friend over tomorrow night. He's in his eighties, maybe we shouldn't suggest he come out? OTOH, he's a recent widower, so I know he's been lonely.

And there's 16 more cases in my county, on top of the 41 reported yesterday. This is partly because of more testing, and my state started opening up two weeks ago today, so probably the increase does reflect people getting out more. OTOH the social distancing period was to slow things down, put on the brakes, to allow time to get ready and to allow hospitals to increase their capacity to treat patients, not to eliminate the virus. OTOH, I don't want to have it!

Dh suggested broccoli tomorrow night with the chicken since we have a bag that needs to be used, then I realized that the pork Marsala meal tonight includes broccoli, so I'll roast asparagus tonight to go with the pork tenderloin and save the Home chef broccoli for tomorrow night or another time.

On Facebook, I just shared a little video that dd did for temple. She's doing a weekly Jewish recipe online. I added a bit of family history because the cookbook came from dh's dmom Blanche, and may date to Blanche's mother, for whom dd was named.

Oh how wonderful the truck is sold, Harmony! Even if it takes some work to get it transferred, it's worth it!

Dh has gone outside to sun. I think I'll try to find a shady spot outside for a few minutes for a glass of wine.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu May 14, 2020 6:29 pm

CUE HALLELUJAH CHORUS LOUD!!!
I have confirmed that no further action is needed as a result of the database fiasco in April! As a side benefit, I have a better understanding of the database processes. As in interesting note, I found that child support collections have a noticeable spike in March. I believe it is because of all those IRS refunds being rerouted to custodial parents. I am not in my own database, though I could be. I set up an auto-payment with my bank years ago, but I could do it through my employer.

I keep losing connectivity to the databases I need, which is annoying. The loss happens maybe every 30 to 45 minutes and only lasts 5 or 10 seconds, but that is really bothersome when you are typing in a complex query. The person who sends me tasks from the users when they have problems is taking tomorrow off.

The habit I would like to keep from covid time is the extra exercise. Before I broke my foot, whenever I needed a break, I would take a few minutes and do jumping jacks or, more frequently, hula hoop. I was also doing the every day dance challenges when it was on. Now, I only walk around the block and say hi to any neighbors I see. I have been keeping the doors open (locking gate on front door) and heard my neighbors outside. I thought it was someone at my door. Went out to talk to them for a few minutes.

Tonight, I will get DD18 to bring in the trash can. I did remember to put them out last night. I know what she wants to eat, but am not sure about myself. I am not very hungry, maybe salad and garlic bread. After she leaves, I should probably clean my office/sewing room chair. It smells bad, but I have no idea why.

In answer to TwinsMom's question, DD's school is out May 21. They missed 2 or 3 weeks, then went to supershort sessions online, so I think her classes have all been changed to pass/fail. This will be a lifesaver for her Spanish.

THAT HAD BETTER NOT BE A ROOSTER I HEAR OUTSIDE MY HOUSE!!! I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE BARNYARD FOWL ANYWHERE IN THE SAME CITY THAT I HAVE TO LIVE!!! D*MN ALL CHICKENS FOR THE VILE HORRIBLE BEASTS THEY ARE!!!

Return to “Post When You Can”