Friday Focus

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Friday Focus

Postby Harriet » Fri May 15, 2020 12:10 pm

Well, that was a slice of life! Testing is done.

approached 3 folding road signs saying you have to have an appt
next sign says, "If you don't have an appt TURN AROUND NOW!"
Very nice policeman waves the cars in toward the tent.
another sign: no photographs, no videos.
First nurse taking info says, "now I'm not going to lie to you, you will feel this".
Second one says, "You are going to feel this. I mean, you are going to feel this."
Third nurse who actually has the stick says, "I want you to know (dramatic pause) I'm going to do the very best I can not to hurt you".
:|

Of course, they have a marvelous patient in HRH, whose every other sentence is either "thank you" or "we appreciate it". But I do think it was ... .. a memorable moment. All over now.

We didn't have to wait at all, because of Mr. "if-we're-not-early-we-might-as-well-give-up-our-cards-as-human-beings". He actually said to me on the way there that he had built in time to call a tow truck and wait for a taxi, that's how determined he was not to miss this appt. Many moments of discouragement for him on the road as he realized all the things he can't see. No idea about green lights' existence - only red. They'll call within 24 hours they say.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 15, 2020 12:26 pm

Love the Haiku Elizabeth!

The days crawl forward.
Nothing is going on yet.
Covid is boring.

My offering:

Ten weeks already.
COVID is all around me.
I stay safe inside.

I did upstairs bathroom this time and made a note of some maintenance up there. I think I will need to move my office and books into our bonus room and give up ds' old room. Dh will be home longer, and I think he will want the option to work at home even if he's released to work in the office again.

I also rebooted the laundry (sheets) and vacuumed in the MBR and vacuumed the dog's bed in there. I think my plan is to get a smaller dog bed for our great room and discard one of the foam pads, then I'll have an extra cover for the dog bed so I can change them out without having to wash and get right back on for her.

Back to work soon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri May 15, 2020 12:28 pm

Morning...

Imaging place called Early this morning and I have an appointment at 11:15 today. Good thing cause I am hurting. Had to take a pain pill last night because of it.

Tests shows exactly what I thought... no bladder or kidney infection, so the adventure continues.

Garden done and I have a jean shift drying in the drier. Can’t stand the thought of something right around my waist. Also need to drink 32 ozs of water one hour before my test. Drinking the water isn’t hard, holding it for an hour plus will be. They better be fast to call me in. :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri May 15, 2020 1:17 pm

Fixed my database load. On to the next adventure. Which will be some old pending tasks that I did not know how to do and need to research. If there are no crises, I will move to some even older pending tasks. No new tasks will arrive because the sender is off today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 15, 2020 1:17 pm

RR, glad you're getting in for the test so quickly.

More progress, dusted kitchen table and area and book case and DR. Decided to start taking pieces out of hutch in DR to wash, just a few at a time. My record of breakage/loss hasn't been good lately but I'm being extra careful.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 15, 2020 1:46 pm

1. I'm loving the haiku's!
2. Rosie: I misread you again. I read: "Imagining a place called Early this morning" and that you were regretting getting a late start today! So glad testing will happen sooner rather than later.
3. Harriet: "No idea about green lights' existence - only red." Lol!

I entered the chits I had on hand (about 10) into Quicken.

I've made a donation to our church magazine. "Founded in 1829, Broadview is the oldest continuously published magazine in North America and the second oldest in the English-speaking world." and it is in danger of being done in by Covid. They just revamped it (and renamed it again) and I'm really enjoying the new editorial focus. So I sent in some money.

While I was at it, I told dh to make a donation or subscribe to The Guardian. I'll be dropping the subscription to the Globe & Mail so there's the money to pick up The Guardian. The Economist is the other journalistic endeavor we support. It has not disappointed me at all through this (unlike the Globe and Mail.)

I also spent time on the floor because of my back.

I'm vertical again so shall have a late lunch.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 15, 2020 2:21 pm

Breaking again. The next round will finish the mopping and then I can decide how much more I want to do in the kitchen. I'd like to clean some of the lower cabinets with the amonia water to get them cleaned up. The top ones cleaned up nicely - it took the grease and dirt right off. I suspect the lower cabinets have more dirt and spills than grease.

I did do a section of the baseboard in the casual table area, or the "morning room" as bloggers are calling it now. I'll continue that washing weekly.

Dh is getting on my last nerve hanging out downstairs. Don't know the reason, but I just want him out of the way when I'm cleaning. He came through and talked a bit, then went out to walk. When he came back in he sat on the back patio awhile, I altered my vacuuming circle to vacuum the mat and rug out there. Then he came in and stood in the kitchen on the phone awhile, and finally made himself a sandwich and went back upstairs. I need to put up a signal that says "Give me Space down here!"

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri May 15, 2020 2:47 pm

Oh my... (((HRH)))...

Lynlee — is that soccer you are talking about? I know there seems to be a lot of positive thinking here for college football season. Dh is hopeful!
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri May 15, 2020 3:04 pm

All of this week I have been working in the library. It started with the DMC embroidery floss. Then it shifted to Cross Stitch supplies. Then I cleaned out the closet. More later. Dh got home early and we are going to get veg. plants.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 15, 2020 3:23 pm

I don't want to leave too many days between chia seed doses as my feet get too painful.

LynLee - chia seeds for painful feet? WOW! I'm loving it! I have never heard about this use for them. I am using chia seeds to keep my bm in the correct consistency. Probably TMI…but the chia seeds work great for that purpose.

they have a marvelous patient in HRH

This makes me smile. Such a gentleman, but I expect nothing else.

LucyLee - our sports activities open up today. I thought of your DH when I saw that restriction lifted. Although they are encouraging everyone to bring their own drinks & snacks to the games and not have the concession at the games in use. That makes no sense to me because the other food places are open. I doubt if many grumble too much because everyone is just glad to be playing sports again.

I just finished the 2 hour 40 minute zoom meeting. There wasn't a break and the amount & quality of information being fed to us was like a fire hose amount. Through much of the meeting, I was taking notes as fast as I could type. I will have to go back over the information to totally comprehend it all because there was just TOO MUCH for my brain to absorb it. This is a good problem to have!

We are ordering wings for maybe the first time (I don't remember doing it before). Wings fit my nutritional needs today and the family wants to try them too. We are wing newbies so we are trying several flavors to see which one suits us. The four flavors we are trying today are Buffalo, Teriyaki, Garlic Parmesan, and Bourbon Molasse. We are also getting about half and half boneless and bone-in because we don't know which we prefer.

Today's plans & accomplishments -
Done ** Health tracker
Done ** AM cards
Done ** One thing a day done well
Done ** Maintain previous One thing a day done well
Done ** DS11 and DD8 are here again and suitcases unpacked.
Done ** Zoom meeting - 2 hours 40 minutes!
Done ** DGS23 came and picked up some long flower pots and potting soil to use in the windows of his new apartment.
Done ** Cronometer
Done ** Play in the garden
Done ** Keto tribe
Done ** Active minutes
** DD8 Health insurance - send fax... This high priority item keeps getting OBE. I need to STOP what I'm doing and make phone calls to find a good fax number.
In Progress ** Get well cards to Norma - still waiting on DS11 to give me the card he made
** Shrubs and bushes trimmed in front of the house. This is a HUGE project that I doubt can be done in one day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”