Sunday Sabbath

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Sunday Sabbath

Postby Harmony » Sun May 17, 2020 4:21 pm

(Twins). We have a TV going non-stop here too.

We marry for better or for worse. This virus seems to be bringing out the latter. I know it's not just me...I've been reading this or similar all over.
Last edited by Harmony on Sun May 17, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 17, 2020 6:17 pm

We have a tv going non stop here, three.

I know it is partially because HRH can't do so many things, and the large screen lets him see well enough to forget for a while. He pulls a chair up to it and we walk behind the chair when we need to.

Oh, but sometimes :idea: HRH changes it to looking at his FB on the big screen so that we can see 2/3 nice pictures and thoughts from reasonable folks until we let our guard down, and then BAM have to fend off the ugly talk. Well, I fend it off. He jousts with it loudly.

About tv, it is usually me saying pullleeezze let's turn the thing off. But sometimes it's dd21. She, however, has a higher level of tolerance for violence while I can't handle it. I walked out of the bedroom this morning first thing, in a pleasant mood, right into an early-morning medieval knife murder. That just ain't right.

HRH does attempt to make sure I am well represented at the tv, and watched GBBakingShow until he couldn't stand it any more. He's lately introduced me to various fun comedy I missed in the early part of this millennia. Nothing wrong with them - it's the dose that makes the poison. One program from a long series I never watched is a good thing. Suggesting binge watching 7 seasons is mind-numbing.

HRH found me the new Hoarders from '19. We settled in for an hour that was all our own (since dd wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot-pole), remembering the way it used to be in early seasons. Sadly, it was not what we used to find so imminently watchable. At least the first one about mental health hysteria, psychosis, which was sad, sadder, saddest and we paused it halfway. We said we would go back to it and try again sometime. I've complained this complaint before. doing the same thing and expecting different results.

youtube continues as the great fixer-upper of screen "purchases" - pick your own interest and learn something instead of wondering why you are sitting there trying to be a drama critic.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 17, 2020 6:26 pm

Surely you wouldn't have "Medicaid", LadyM? Or am I misreading it? Or is it Medicare you would have?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun May 17, 2020 7:48 pm

Morning.
Needing a Sabbath from rest w/o rest here too.

I took tmeds before dawn. bedtime was way before midnight. by my standards.
d2s.
breakfast is eaten.

State quaritini tent lines were up on the boarder for the Spanish Flu too, and the neighbours didn't like it then either. Note that people who live and work there can get a permit.
Its interesting to hear how they are jumping on any cases, closing things down for cleaning and getting new staff in while the others are in quarintini, following up everything/one's contacts..
Aged care place has rearranged people foreach to have their own ensuite, staff is being flown in.
So far no positive test results.
Anyone found with antibodies but no active covid are counted in stats.
Its a difference between here and there.

I don't consider that my isolation and outlook are covid related.
Its health, family and situational re other concerns, much longer term than the 5 mths of covid watching..

Needing to get out today, hoping to go between expected showers which are forecast this week..

2 men from different boats are missing overboard off the coast near here. One from a trawler, other had sailing boat run ashore without him on board. Its rough, big waves out there.

k. a shower coming down now. Thinking some kitchen action would be helpful.
pooof
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 17, 2020 8:14 pm

Lynlee: Your mention of the missing men off the coast reminded me that one of our Snowbirds (the aerial stunt planes, like the Blue Angels) crashed this afternoon. Dfs posted about it first. The crash was in BC and he's on the other coast but is feeling military deaths at this time. The helicopter crew from his sister ship crashed in the Med and many of the crew on the ship saw it crash. That came just a short time after the mass killings in Nova Scotia, and since then a three year old went missing and is considered dead, so for dfs in particular, it is one bad story after another.

As I was listening to the news on our way to dinner, I started to cry because it seems all too much. In this case, we saw them just 10 days ago. They were on a cross-Canada tour, performing over cities across the country to cheer us up.

Dh and I went for a walk in the afternoon and then worked on the balconies. They are only about 1/3 done. My back gave out so dh worked as long as he could. The screen doors are up now and we've cleaned the floor and outside of the windows. The chairs have been released from their winter storage positions. But there's a lot more to do in the setup. The second third includes unwrapping the dining table and putting out all the decorations, and the final third is planting all the plants and setting them up.

Dh is going to Home Depot with ds on Wednesday so I'm working on a list for him of things to pick up for the planting.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun May 17, 2020 8:25 pm

Kathryn, yes to emotion being close to the surface, and easily ramping up with the tragic events of the world, and in our communities, related to covid or not.

Watched a tv program on time, and the thing of does it exist or not, as some believe. Differing theories collide.
Then there was the graphic sequence that showed one's heads exploding from thinking too much about it.

I've been poking about online in the abc news.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 17, 2020 10:03 pm

I don't think I qualify for any of the reduced fees for A-river Prime.

We have had a quiet Sunday afternoon. It has been a good break.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”