Sunday Sabbath

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Sunday Sabbath

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 17, 2020 8:59 am

Good morning SHEville!

Time for a rest. In my case, likely a rest from doing nothing! I honestly can't imagine resting any more than I have been!!!

But some of you have been productive this past week. Don't forget to acknowledge all you have got done.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Sunday Sabbath

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 17, 2020 9:12 am

But are you REALLY resting, Kathryn? I think not as your mind (even if your body isn't) is racing pretty much most of the time -and we all know that mental tiredness can often beat physical tiredness. Relax and enjoy your day.

DD asked yesterday if I'm not 'itching' to be out and about -not really. I'm sure our road trip this coming weekend will most likely be my first time out in nearly 11 weeks.

Dh woke me this morning about 7 (and I'd had such a restless night -had a really bad cramp in my right ankle & had to get that calmed down) with a beautiful picture of our crab tree. Somehow he managed a short burst video and I heard the birds singing. Just went back and reread that typing and realized I had first said "DD" -don't think she's even up yet. Though I'm sure she will be soon as she's taking dBiscuit for a nail trim and bath at 10:00.

I'm trying to be ultra organized about my packing and have different bins around our room all labeled & am putting things in them as I come across them. Need to get really serious about it today though.

DD has school all week and then she's done. Dsonil conned her into making an appointment for an oil change for his 'bug' and then announced she could take it in. (She is on "vacation" you know. He simply doesn't want to do it.) She did tell him last night she'd take her computer with her for the wait and he asked "Why?". :roll: He's actually home by 1:30pm from work every day now and could easily take it in. Oh well, he'll be on his own soon. He did ask her yesterday to go shopping and get everything he'd need to get through the summer. I doubt that's happening. :lol: She'll pick up some things but he's so picky anyway & I'm pretty sure he won't 'cook' other than using the air fryer or grill. He'll have to 'bite the bullet' and do some shopping himself I think. He did go the other day to pick up some chicken wings for himself and to try to get some facemasks. He announced when he got home "That's the last time I'm doing that." Complained about everything from A-Z -he absolutely has no patience for anything.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 17, 2020 9:15 am

Dee: I suppose it isn't resting but stewing. Still, since I can't stop stewing, I need to do something to break that cycle. Resting isn't in the cards, each time I sit down, I start to stew.

I'm a bit late opening the village this morning but have been very productive so far.

I was up at 6:25 (after an hour in bed just laying about.) I had about 7 hours of almost solid sleep so the last hour between 5:15 and 6:25 I just couldn't get back to sleep so finished my word game with dd (I only had one tile left and 2 places to play it so there was not way she could beat me!), my daily game challenge, plus some solitaire while listening to a podcast. I had tried sleeping to it but that didn't work.

I started in on the taxes, and I'm in review now so they are almost done. I should have done them sooner, we are getting a refund. This year, I won't use the money to buy something special (although we are still enjoying our new carpets bought with last year's return), we'll just use it for living expenses.

I had my tea and chocolate while working on the taxes so brought my computer to the kitchen while visiting with the grands so dgs could see me starting the muffins. While I chatted with them, I refilled the vitamin containers for the next 3 weeks, started my weekly spread in my bullet journal, and wound the clock. It is almost as if a dam has broken and I'm finally getting things done.

Good thing, my company books are to go to the accountant on May 25 and I have the preaching conference all next week (afternoons only) so I need to be able to do more than my usual one thing per day for the next week.

Lynlee: I hope you had a good day. I'm sorry you are so stressed by the situation. Compared to regions in other countries, Queensland seems to be continuing the strict lockdown too long. Here we are slowly opening up (most retail will be open, on a modified basis of few people in the store at a time, on Tuesday, plus professional people will be able to return to work, but following more social distancing so modified office schedules (with lots of people working from home.) Babysitters and household cleaners/cooks will be allowed back to work. I pointed out that dd could hire me for either. She wasn't amused.

She's worried that since nothing really has changed since before lockdown (just fewer cases, despite more testing, than before), she isn't willing to accept two household bubbles. If she isn't willing to accept that, I suppose that means they won't come up to Hay Lake with us. And most of her friends will not be sending their kids to school in September (and certainly not back now, should they unexpectedly open) therefore, I suspect that dgs won't start school as he is looking forward to. That makes me sad. If I can't see him, then I'd hope he'd be able to go to school so he gets other stimulation. I can't imagine him being stuck at home much longer but certainly that is the plan for now.

I don't know if any of you have seen the 'grandmother hugs' videos on Facebook (where they set up plastic sheeting and vet's long gloves so that grandmothers can hug their grandchildren) but each time I see one, I cry.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 17, 2020 9:58 am

Good Morning! (thinking Lynlee might see this greeting on Monday morning)

My day is off to a good start. I am very grateful to be feeling good, clear thinking, and an abundance of energy again. I am addicted to that feeling and truly miss it when it disappears.

Today will be the third week we have attended church in real life and the stress level is reducing each time I do something "normal". According to FB posts I suspect there will be a surge of people attend today. We have plenty of room to spread out so even a huge attendance shouldn't be a problem maintaining social distancing. The government restriction on having nursery open is lifted now but we are still having the children remain with their parent/guardian.

Today's plans & accomplishments -
Done ** Health tracker
Done ** Cronometer
Done ** One thing a day done well
Done ** Maintain the 12 previous One thing a day done well
In Progress ** AM cards
Progress made…In Progress ** Trim shrubs by front porch.
** Attend church IRL
** Call-in /pick up a food order from our favorite restaurant. Picnic at the lake.
** monitor DS11 daily accomplishment list
** Play in the garden.
** Monitor DD8 daily accomplishment list
** Keto tribe
** Active minutes
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Church this morning was so sweet I had a pretty healthy flow of tears. The older (probably my own age - how do I know) pastor spoke and she is just so nurturing and looks into the camera as though she sees you and asks how are we doing. Also, she's right on the money of how I'm feeling on several subjects including concern for my family, heartbreak over hurtful words and attitudes we encounter, and hope that I'll make the right decisions. I saw some pain on her face and just went into a mirror-puddle. :roll: Doesn't sound like it when I tell it, but it was actually a very uplifting service.

Time to make lunch!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 17, 2020 1:02 pm

I've been down a rabbit hole, looking at what we'll do next after Google Play Music is closed. Google is telling everyone to move over to their problematic YouTube Music app.

We have a family plan with them so we can both listen to random music at the same time and we cast to chromecasts throughout the house (we have 3, one of which is audio only and broadcasts to a radio frequency so we can listen throughout the apartment by turning on all the radios to the same channel.)

Anyway, a couple of hours of reading and experimenting later, I see we have the non-family plan of Amazon Prime music included with our Prime account and it can cast so I'm listening to some nice curated jazz at the moment.

I've downloaded all my paid-for music from Google Play Music (there was just one album and one song) and I've found a resource to download a copy of all my playlists so I can recreate them on another service.

I learned I can migrate over to YTM and still use GPM until it is shuttered (before the end of 2020) so there is on risk in moving over now to get that out of the way and then proceed to use GPM until 'the end.'

Finally, I see that my subscription is grandfathered, so while a YouTube Music family plan costs more, my Play Music family plan price and terms carry over to the new service.

I'll go get some lunch now.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 17, 2020 1:26 pm

I did most my a.m. routine and read the paper and finally went upstairs to stamp a bit. I can't get inspired, however, even with the new(to me) designer paper. Might try to nap.

Harriet, how touching and what a great manner your pastor has to touch you deeply. I also have those moments when someone is so kind and understand it just breaks me down.

We have Costco deli chicken in the refrigerator, we'll do wraps or quesadillas tonight to use some of it before the rest heads to the freezer.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun May 17, 2020 1:32 pm

Kathryn, it's nice that you know how to do all that.

I've not listened to our church service yet. DH puts the music on too loud and then he is noisy while the sermon is on and he talks to me through it. He stretches out to prop his foot up on a stool so there's not much room for me to get close to the computer. We have it in the corner piece of our modular office furniture.

I got the garbage gathered up and out to the road. I went through the refrigerator and washed and picked through the raw vegetables so I could throw some of that out. Removed the bottom drawer and did a clean under and around there. That drawer was tricky to get back in. Do they make any refrigerator user friendly?

Between the virus, the operation, and DH, this is pretty much an awful time around here. It zaps my energy, my optimism, my calmness. Nothing else much to say.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 17, 2020 2:14 pm

I didn't know about Google Play closing down. We don't use it much so it won't affect our music listening.

(((Harmony)))) Hang in there. Recognize it is a season of life. It won't always be like this. Just get through the hard times the best you can. Share your struggles and know you are among friends who want the best for you.

I recently saw that if you are on Medicaid or EBT then you qualify for a lower A-river prime membership. WooooHOOO! Another reason that growing older pays. LOL

Church was good. There were about 100 people there (about 2/3 of "normal") I enjoyed the experience of gathering to worship together.

We enjoyed eating our lunch picnic style at the lake while watching the boats launch and load. We used to have a tradition of going for a picnic at a different spot each Tuesday noon. I really want to get back into that habit. How come it is so hard for me to restart habits even though I am motivated to do it?

Today's plans & accomplishments -
Done ** Health tracker
Done ** Cronometer
Done ** One thing a day done well
Done ** Maintain the 12 previous One thing a day done well
Done ** AM cards
Done ** Attend church IRL
Done ** Call-in /pick up a food order from our favorite restaurant. Picnic at the lake.
Done ** Play in the garden. I harvested the first sweet peas of the year! I picked two and immediately popped them into my mouth and ate them on the spot. LOL
Progress made ** Trim shrubs by the front porch.
** Monitor DD8 daily accomplishment list
** monitor DS11 daily accomplishment list
** Keto tribe
** Active minutes
** Create a spreadsheet for the garden.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 17, 2020 3:40 pm

Harmony, I am echoing LadyM's thoughts.
Share your struggles and know you are among friends who want the best for you.

I'm about to go mad with dh's TV on today. I don't know if it's particularly loud or I'm particularly sensitive. I can't go upstairs to do genealogy work because he's using that room and desk. I am fine with moving those things into our bonus room where my crafting things are. (That desk is always a mess with craft supplies, I don't think I can use it for two functions. The craft tools and supplies are arranged so I know where every thing is, at least when it's all put away.) Then when I ask him to turn it down he gets hostile. "It's been that way all day!" "Yes, and it's been driving me crazy all day."
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”