Monday Pampering

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Monday Pampering

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 18, 2020 7:40 am

This is our 10th time through this In-Solidarity BWP.

What pampering do you have planned for today?

Will it be physical or mental?

Today's pampering will be mental. And I'm not even sure if it will feel like pampering. We'll see.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Monday Pampering

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 18, 2020 7:44 am

I'm 'off' to a preaching conference this week. It will be interesting to see how that works when I'm not leaving my home. Will by brain be able to walk away from everything and give me a holiday from home when I don't physically leave?

Part of the reason for setting up the balconies over the weekend was to give me a different space to go to while doing the conference. My plan is to close myself up in the dining room (yay for putting the doors back up!) but there is a patio door from the dining room out to the balcony, so I can move out there for times as well. I'll use my noise cancelling headphones to keep the background noise down a bit.

We'll see how this works....

In the meantime, I don't have to be at the conference until noon, so I'm planning to do at least half of the WHB this morning after breakfast.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 18, 2020 8:37 am

I'm up and ready to get started today. I've already done Health tracker, personal AM cards, One Thing Done Well, and maintenance of previous. I find myself wanting to accomplish these as soon as I wake up.

After having a mostly clear calendar for the past couple of months it is starting to look "normal" again. Every day has something happening on the calendar this week. I am growing partial to the online meetings especially the ones where you can see each other and talk in real-time. I hope the use of online meetings continue after the gathering restrictions are completely lifted.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon May 18, 2020 8:45 am

After a very rough night of very little sleep and nothing planned for the day, I think it would be safe to say that there are 2 miserable adults here.

Dh is getting the catfish ready to make fishcakes for supper. First he has to bake the fish to make it flaky.

I have some dirty pots and pans to wash. Other than that, not much.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 18, 2020 8:47 am

2 :shock: nights in a row. :roll: Hopefully tonight will be better. I was nursing a headache for much of the night and I planned our meals for the week at least 50 times -all the same thing. REALLY?????!!!!

DD is "at" a staff meeting right now -much like Kathryn's "off". :) I'm charging my fitbit right now so don't plan on moving too much. I'll try to get computer things done.

Our church was open yesterday but we chose not to go. Did get a note this morning from dfriend and she said they had a good number especially for this time of year and with the virus. There are at least 5 others heading north this week, so that number will decline. On a really good week we might have 75 & more like 60 or maybe a little less sometimes. But yesterday they had 30. Ours is definitely a 'snowbird' congregation. Fortunately they did manage to stream the service -or at least some of it so that was good. Know dh is really enjoying them this way. But I see the Pastor's wife is heading to NJ today and I know she's the one who has been doing the streaming so not sure where that will leave us. Hopefully there's someone else to step up.

Going to work on my systematic packing very shortly. Doesn't seem like I have very much. I'm pretty sure I sent some things up with dh but we packed in such a hurry that I didn't jot anything down. It's ok if I don't have much as dd will have her car pretty full, plus 2 big dogs. Hoping at this point that dBailey can make it. She's really declined in the last month or so. DS-R is building a ramp for her to be able to get into dd's RV as she's not doing well with steps. I have to wonder how she's even going to navigate getting in/out of the car. DD has though a little about leaving her here with dsonil -but he'd never be around between work and being out in his man shed. DD's not too sure how well he'd care for her, plus just not wanting to leave her. Pretty sure if she makes it up there it will be her last summer with us.

Off I go to work on SOMETHING -ANYTHING! :?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 18, 2020 9:40 am

Off I go to work on SOMETHING -ANYTHING!

Ditto.

First load of laundry is ready for the dryer, so that's a start.

Then dusting and vacuuming and watering plants. (I've already watered the lettuce.)

Oh, and finishing remaking the bed (the pillow cases still have to be put on.)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 18, 2020 10:05 am

I've just ended up making 'small' boxes and putting one thing in each box and 'doing just one thing at a time'. They're adding up. I'm tired and can't look at much of a project at a time. So this is working for me.

I was going to scan our internet bill and realized I had taken out the plug for the printer from the computer so I could charge my fitbit. I was having a time getting my fitbit to charge but it finally is. I want to get it fully charged maybe on Thursday -that and my 'life alert'. The alert stays charged for many days so will charge & pack the charger (so I don't forget it -like that could happen :? ) It's a really different charger so sure wouldn't want to have to buy a new one.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 18, 2020 10:06 am

Checking in here. I had a decent night and got up okay. I need to get moving right now, ddog is impatient with me.

Talked to dh yesterday about getting me a desk in the bonus room for genealogy and I"ll move books and all in there and he can have ds' old room for his office. The desk I bought for myself in the genealogy room is no longer available, otherwise I think we would just order another and put it in the bonus room for me. I suggested that dh move things around next weekend - Memorial Day weekend - when there's a long weekend. It would give him something to do, too. :lol:

Thought of a lot of us when I saw this from a friend yesterday - she has a column in our local newspaper periodically, although this is a link to her blog.
Never one to care that my husband is a fidgeter, I am suddenly undone by his unconscious repetitive finger movements and the way his foot occasionally lodges against me on the sofa and then, God forbid, twitches. I read somewhere recently that a woman threatened her husband with divorce if he dropped his pen one more time. Well, yeah, I thought. And don’t forgo the huge alimony you’re owed for having to listen to his paper rustle.
It's a short read and she's quietly clever and humorous. http://www.danashavin.com/a-poodle-a-pa ... bv_8A9TIQo

Okay, need to w a l k the dog.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 18, 2020 10:11 am

Wishing you a good Victoria Day, Cathy & Katherine!

Wondering if Harmony got severe weather. The wind came up suddenly about 15 minutes ago -with a vengeance. Took some limbs out of the tree out front. So far we don't have the rain but I think it's coming. And in the time it took me to write this sentence -now it's POURING.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 18, 2020 10:12 am

Dee, we got one of these for Macs when his back legs were going. It helped me get him into my car and helped him get up our steps. In fact, he would wait just a second for me to give him a boost. It fits securely as a harness and the back handle is right over the rump so one can give an easy boost. Started out only wearing it daytime and then eventually 24 hours. Had to take off to wash of course. We donated it to the vet when Macs passed away so they could hopefully offer to someone who could use it. https://k9carts.com/help-em-up-harness/ ... LMQAvD_BwE
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”