Monday Pampering

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Monday Pampering

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 18, 2020 4:59 pm

DD and I have made 'set in jello' reservations for Friday evening in Selma, NC. Sounds like a good price and good place for ddogs. Not sure how far we'll get the next night -probably not as far as home but we'll shoot for it. A lot depends on traffic. Got those all printed out and I feel good about the distance -a little over 600 miles. If we reach NY State around 6pm we'll go for the total distance. We'll be able to tell as we get into the afternoon. A lot also depends on how dBailey is doing with the travel. So happy for Twins recommendation this morning and that 'assist' has been ordered. It's supposed to be here Wednesday so that gives us a day's leeway.

I plan to do my laundry Wednesday and finish packing. Have things pretty well loaded up at this point. We're aiming for 8am Friday. That should get us to Orlando just past rush hour. With no school in session, the parks being closed, no tourists, and many not working, we're thinking travel should be fairly swift.

Glad HRH did well today. Now we'll wait with positivity about results. Heard a good quote yesterday, "You can't have a positive life with a negative mind." Sounds good to me.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon May 18, 2020 7:15 pm

I pampered myself right into a day off tomorrow!! LOL!!

All of the dirty dishes are done!
All of the dirty laundry is done except what is in the washer right now!
Absolutely every single book is away except my small pile beside the bed!
The island is clean and clear!
The floors have been swept!
Supper tomorrow night is the leftovers from last night. I rubbed a pork roast with a package of taco seasoning and then it got wrapped in foil and went into the oven for 4 hours at 300F.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 18, 2020 7:20 pm

WhoooHOOOO Cathy! POTB!!

I didn't get to do many things that I had hope to do, but I stayed busy and productive all day. The rest of the things will have to wait for their turn on another day.

Today's plans & accomplishments -
Done ** Health tracker
Done ** AM cards
Done ** One thing a day done well
Done ** Maintain previous One thing a day done well
Done ** Plan 5 days of Crisis school lessons for DD8
Done ** Order DH prescription med from the pharmacy
Done ** Active minutes = 50 minutes of pushing the lawnmower
Done ** 11am Kids to public school for lunch
Done ** Monitor DD8 daily accomplishment list
Done ** Long phone call with Dmom (over an hour). The doctor started Dmom on prescription pain medication today. This is a slippery slope but this seems to be the best of several bad options available.
Done ** monitor DS11 daily accomplishment list
Done ** Mentor DD8 crisis school lesson
Done ** Drive to the city to get DH prescription, buy items on "buy this" list, and put gas in SUV. (this took 3 hours to accomplish)
Done ** Cronometer
Progress made ** Trim shrubs by the front porch. I have a 50-gallon trash bag filled to the top with cuttings and ready for the trash truck tomorrow morning.
** Plan 5 days of Homeschool lessons for DS11
** Play in the garden
** Keto tribe

Since I didn't get DS11 homeschool assignments ready for him, I gave both of the kids a pass on the 5pm deadline today.

I might get a second wind after taking a break and drinking some water but right now I think I'm done for the day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon May 18, 2020 7:32 pm

Laundry done here
DPC — checking delivery status of an arthritis cream Dh uses
Talked to ds on phone
Talked to dmom on phone
Worked on photo album
Cooked supper
S/S kitchen

Waving to all!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 18, 2020 8:25 pm

The 3 p.m. session was an interview with Will Willimon who was the first of the 'famous' people I read for my courses who got me excited about preaching.

Unfortunately, Vimeo failed and it maintained it was a break and keep refreshing. So I wasted almost 1/2 of the time trying to get in.

Harriet: use the 'watch from website' link from the daily email, not the direct Vimeo link if you have problems. They appear to be good starting on time, to tech issues on their end, so if you can't see something, that means you need to try and watch a different way. Lesson learned.

I enjoyed greatly the part I did get to see and picked up a book recommendation of a just released book by Walter Brueggemann "Virus as a Summons to Faith" which I bought for Kindle (after downloading a Kindle app for my computer).

The Ashley Cleveland concert at 4 p.m. was just 2 songs. By the time I had it set up to listen/watch while making dinner, the concert was over. So I listened to an album by her instead while I made soup.

We had an earlyish dinner, then went for a walk. The dishwasher is done but the pots need to be washed up.

I'm pretty tired but accomplished a lot today, including getting the plants out for the day and back inside. I'm trying to harden them up for planting outside on Wednesday or Thursday.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 18, 2020 9:01 pm

Lynlee, thank you for the link to the US death in the waters near you recently. I actually enjoyed several of the news stories on the site and learned a lot. From the zoo animals link I sent a video to my grands.

I got to hear most of the 2:00 talk, but my dsecondsil called and I had to stop. Then a call to dsecondmil (dsecondsil told me she was feeling neglected, but dd had been texting back and forth with her to make sure she was up to speed) interfered with the 3:00 interview. At first, I couldn't get into the 3:00 Vimeo though I had not closed the window and had refreshed, so I closed the window, went back to the site instead and entered that way without much problem. I also scribbled down the info about the book, which I actually thought might be a good gift to pastors in the immediate future. That thought is as far as I've gotten. Cleveland's music is probably not what I would choose as a favorite, but impactful.

We have the start of 4 days of rain. So glad it was not today, and will insist on a brimmed hat for HRH tomorrow.

LadyM, my tomato plants had gotten leggy and I planted them sideways and they are absolutely joyful about it. I had forgotten how that trick encourages the plants. I had ds do it, too.

Ds went to the pharmacy for me today for tylenol so we won't run out. He was already headed there for something.

A watermelon is making HRH and the hens happy.

Ramblin'
all best wishes to you healthwise and good job on your flowers and enjoyment.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon May 18, 2020 11:39 pm

Harriet - I like to read the zoo stories too. I wonder how a local zoo is going.
(from a high-rise) someone reported seeing someone fall overboard while taking down a sail just north of there. Not far south of where the yacht ran aground there is a river / port for the pilots taking ships in to Brisbane, so I'm guessing he was headed there.

Appointment today. I'm dressed and fed.
Hoping to get some take away on my way home if anyone is serving at that time of day.
I seem to have put off other duties again.

Showers come across from time to time this whole week here.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”