Wednesday Writing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wednesday Writing

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 am

Good morning SHEville!

It is Writing Day!

To-do lists!
Shopping lists!
Thinking of you cards!
Thinking of you emails!
Haikus!
Journal Entries!

There's a lot to choose from.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wednesday Writing

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 20, 2020 8:12 am

I have shopping list to write up for dh, I have a note to send a friend and I have my Covid diary to bring up to date.

But first breakfast with the grands and then some writing and housework before the conference starts.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 20, 2020 8:58 am

My writing today may be taking notes from the presentations online. They run 11 to 7 today. I'm interested in most, the one between 2:25 and 3:05 is less interesting. Apparently there are sponsor breaks and door prizes too. I suggested that dh take my order for take out, call and pick up, and we can have dinner together when it's over. He was wanting to have a work friend over for drinks on the porch so I'm not sure what the plan is.

DDog seems off still and we're nearly two weeks in taking antibiotics and treating the skin. I will check with vet about a recheck of ears, dh reminded me this morning that she's getting older. We've also changed our habits here - dh is home in the morning so she gets to go in and out a long time before I get up so she's not as keen to sit on the porch with me.

I gotta run, going to get a.m. routine done before this starts. I'm sure I will be looking in when my mind wanders today.

Oh, and Kathryn. I'm humming "Let the River Run" by Carly Simon today. I'd forgotten how much I love the chorus.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 20, 2020 9:42 am

My writing today will be jotting down everything I don't want to forget to do or pack. I have a LOL going and that will be it until I do laundry up north (I think). Need to get out a different nightgown tonight so I can pack the one in the laundry.

Our pastor called me this morning to talk with me about our great grandson. He had texted me late last night when he read the prayer request for him and told me he'd call about 9 this morning -which he did.

DD just came in and said her dh asked her last night, "Who keeps putting my (sleep) shorts on my chair?" And she told him it was her. "Well, I want them on the couch -I keep sitting on them when they're in my chair". :lol: And guess who sits on them on the couch. She told him he can leave his clothes wherever he wants once she heads north Friday. Think it's probably a good thing that they're taking a break. :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed May 20, 2020 9:51 am

https://www.abc.net.au/religion/carson- ... e/12265016
Its not so much writing, as reading provocative writing, writing that challenges one to think.
Exploring words and pedantic measures of life with all its judgement that leaves some feeling unworthy beneath certain gaze there is opportunity to look to the other side and see where there is a heroic continuance that lives to embrace life another day, despite the slings and arrows that life, with all its goodness, throws.
My written response.
Breathe.
Every day, every moment, is its own achievement.
Opportunities are unknown and infinitely endless.

My prior reading tonight was by an astronomer, his favorite image of the stars gleaned as a 7 year old, and a discussion of what makes the colours of the pictured stars and dust clouds so brilliant and diverse.

Together they widened my horizons.

Hugs and prayers to all, similar despite of our differences, each tackling life's challenges.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 20, 2020 10:20 am

Hi!!

What a difference a day makes with weather!! Yesterday the wind was howling and it was mostly overcast and just plain nasty. Today the sun is out, there is just a slight breeze and it's HOT!

Supper tonight is hot dogs and potato salad. I need to chop some onions before dh gets home for supper. He like chopped onions on his hot dogs.

I have been stitching in the library all morning. I considered going outside and doing it, but we have 2 very active bird nests above the patio, and I want to let the mama birds do there thing. I can hear so many baby birds squawking to be fed every time I go out there. I think the baby robins didn't make it. I can see their nest and I don't hear anything or see any tiny heads poking up.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 20, 2020 10:25 am

Lol Twins! As I was reading your post, I was humming Let the River Run! I've been humming it all morning.

Breakfast is over. Time to step away from the computer although I am reading up what sort of things to ask dh to buy at the store. We need cheap under planter drip trays.

I have a pickup from Canadian Tire at some point. The helmet dd bought dgs was too big (but fits her and she needed one too) so a second one has been ordered for pickup. This time I'll have to go inside the store to the pickup lockers but it istill minimal contact.

<later>

I never stepped away from the computer but I did get the list ready for dh including brand names, prices, aisle numbers for items not in the garden centre and made sure everything I'm sending him for has lots of stock.

So that is my writing for the day! (JK, I'll try and do some ;real' writing later.)

Now to fold laundry from the dryer and then clean the bathrooms.

Lynlee: I read the article on the dolphins to dgs at breakfast this morning. We did the in-water with dolphin experience with the kids at Moreton Island in 1998.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 20, 2020 10:45 am

Kathryn cheap trays are available at Dollar stores.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 20, 2020 10:57 am

Kathryn, living where I do the visual of a river running - maybe even whitewater - is opposite to the imagery of NYC that the song invoked with the movie. She said she was inspired by the script of the movie and also reading Walt Whitman.

I'm signed on, hopefully they are about to start. Running ads for sponsors right now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 20, 2020 11:08 am

I spent time this morning setting up my SHE card tracking system that has served me well for many years. I stopped using earlier this year when I spent weeks with DMom in the hospital, DD8 adoption process, DH kidney issues, and the pandemic. The SHE cards system has sat there patiently waiting for me to heal from being overwhelmed during that time. Now I am feeling mentally & emotionally strong so I can start using it again. This SHE card system makes sure things don't fall through the cracks and routinely things get done. Yeah..yeah... I'm preaching to the choir. Once I got the digital SHE cards updated this morning I could see several vital important things that have been forgotten and need to be addressed. I can't get to them all at once, but at least I have them captured so they won't be forgotten.....again.

34 SHE cards completed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”