Wednesday Writing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Wednesday Writing

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 20, 2020 12:31 pm

Forgot about you doing this and realized I missed it. Now when you say 'cards', are they actual cards or digital? And how are you keeping track numerically? I'm always tweaking or changing to something a little different to keep me motivated.

I've finished a lol from start to finish. Most of which I was able to pack. Though I must admit I had trouble closing my small suitcase. Hoping the zipper doesn't give out on me. I bought a small suitcase on wheels which should fit under the seat if I fly back down. There's also a small duffel bag that I think I can put all my 'overnight' stuff in. Will know soon. I've save out clothes for tomorrow and stacked my 'wear' clothes for Friday. I should be able to finalize packing today or at least early tomorrow.

DD has gone to get her hair done.

DD's wanting to try the Beltway (up 95 past Fredericksburg VA and then onto the Beltway around DC/Baltimore I guess it is). Hoping that route won't be too crowded or rainy on Saturday. Any advice, Sunny? I have some trepidation about going this route but she's driving.

The 'help' harness you advised, Twins, is supposed to arrive today. Sure hope it helps her as I saw her stumbling a few times today. Sometimes I have doubts she'll make it through the summer but at least she'll be with dd.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 20, 2020 1:08 pm

Good morning everyone! The database processing did run last night, too bad I forgot to use Process Full. I will have to run it again, but only after certain daily processes are complete. And they are lllloooooonnnnnggggg processes. Deploy also worked. It will have to be redone too, but at least I know it will work.

Last night, I got one chair back completed. There are two backs that must be done for structure and stability. There are two others that should be done for appearance, prevention of future problems, and consistency. DD18 did not come over due to final exams. I walked around the block, but would really like more exercise. Can't till the foot heals.

I am not writing anything today, but got praise for my writing in my employee evaluation. A combination of bad memory + long years of school makes me a really great note taker. One comment read, "improving communications between <list of teams> by providing excellent bi-weekly <team> meeting notes". Always amuses me that I am valued for my secretarial skills as well as programming.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 20, 2020 1:39 pm

My days are not going to plan. We had an eyedrop prescription snafu (which I saw coming and told them about on surgery day) that took hours with multiple calls to and from dr and pharmacy, and then finally a trip out to pharmacy and PO.

Dd and I stayed up talking into the wee hours last evening. She feels passionate about stuff and expresses herself well, but has no one to talk to about it all but me. It was our Hoarders watching that started her off on the unaddressed emotional and mental needs of people ( she was wowed by Dr. Michael Tompkins' work) and then off and running on other indignant subjects.

Lynlee, thank you for thinking of me. I laughed because I thought maybe you also noticed my activity last evening at 10:00, which I mentioned in Decluttered Home. I was out in the rain with trash and recyclables at the only hour that was "just" rain/drizzle when all other hours was hard rain. How nice it would have been to have had a companion to help with recycling jars and bottles. :) (well, maybe it wasn't THAT wet)

Now? Now it is that wet. It is a deluge out there. We need some things from the store, but I've deliberately taken a pickup time tomorrow evening because that's the least rain, and it still looks bad then. :roll:

dd is giving HRH eye tests today using the tv screen (very close). It's amusing. "can you read that?" "can you read the words in the white lettering?" "which man has the beard?" He's doing pretty well if he covers the non-operation eye (which is hopeless), so he is pleased.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 20, 2020 2:03 pm

Hi, all. Well I've been writing, but really boring notes and questions. Have been doing a study on our truck insurance, and got into our personal policy as well. DH had been looking at things and talked to our agent. What he told me as a synopsis of that was NOT what the paperwork said when I got it. And the bill I subsequently got did not help the confusion either, because he led me to believe there would be refund... and the paper I got requesting us to sign does not seem like the prudent thing to do.

Plus in the meantime of all this, we sold that truck. I've been all over the internet probably leaving cookies everywhere and I can imagine we'll get a slew of people calling or sending stuff and things popping up all over...

Called the company this morning and got a very sleepy-sounding woman on the phone who asked if they could call back. Sounded very unprofessional and either asleep or hung over or something...with a very fuzzy phone line. Beside the bill due we got a check for another amount with no explanation except for policy change... which we haven't done yet...

Sigh. I've waited 3 hours for this call back. Secretary still in bed? Here I wait and I'd planned a trip out. Thing most annoying in the store that's been out: 3 of my vitamins / supplements, 2 of them very important ones. DH also takes one of them... and I sure hate to go around to other stores looking for stuff these days.

Harriet, glad to read HRH is seeing better.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 20, 2020 2:31 pm

What a pain, Harmony. Was this the agent you called or the company itself?

The webinar is taking a break for 15 min. I fixed myself a wrap during the last session and ate. Not particularly interested in sessions now until 3:45 to 4:55, then there's another interesting one 5:50 to 6:50. In between are sessions about new features at FamilySearch and FTDNA, giveaways and a review of what will be available to watch beginning 1 July and how that will work. As at a conference, some of these are directed at less experienced researchers.

DH said he wasn't motivated today and went to Costco. I think he got lunch there too. We're set for meat, poultry and pork for awhile now. Cathy asked last night about shortages and we haven't seen any in our area. Nationally, however, I think there are some plants shut down and perhaps that is leaving shortages in certain areas. Anyway, we're stocked fully. :lol:

I finally got a piece of stuck paper out of our printer. It's getting paper jams more frequently. :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 20, 2020 2:43 pm

I'm always tweaking or changing to something a little different to keep me motivated.
'
Yes! I agree. Tweaking keeps inspired and motivated instead of just the same-oh-same-oh.

Now when you say 'cards', are they actual cards or digital? And how are you keeping track numerically?

they are digital SHE cards. I'm using an excel spreadsheet to manage them. I love doing formulas so everything is automatically counted. I probably should be embarrassed how much data I track about the SHE cards but the formulas do all the work and it takes zero of my time to get the feedback.

49 Finished today
13 Due today
52 overdue
50 Due Tomorrow

DH has decided to resign as an elder at our church and has informed the other elders. DH has been pondering this decision for several months so it hasn't been made in haste. However, once this decision was announced it means there are lots of financial changes to be made. This means DH needs to get his name off a half dozen checking, savings, and investment accounts that belong to the church but have his name as the primary. DH has been the main financial person at the church for a couple of decades so there are lots of details to work through and make sure don't get overlooked.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Conference is going well but is dense. Lot of material to absorb. And I didn't leave time for a bathroom break!

Correction: apparently I can pee and wash hands well in under 2 minutes!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 20, 2020 3:16 pm

Database is STILL running daily procedures, so I still cannot update what I need. I will look into some older pending stuff. Lunch is eaten. I finished off the last of the sandwich turkey, so I don't have to look at that anymore. There is another package of it in the freezer, but it can stay there for a while. While I ate, I cooked bacon in the oven so I could freeze it too. That worked well - no standing over it and I could get other stuff done. Dishwasher unloaded and loaded. A few things picked up and put away. Back to work!

ETA: There are 141 components still left to go. This is going to take a while.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 20, 2020 4:35 pm

67 days ago DH and I made the decision to shelter in place due to COVID19. Today we made the decision to move to fewer restrictions. We are allowing DS11 and DD8 to ride bikes & play with friends outside. This decision was made after daily tracking the cases within 20 miles radius of us and watching them drop to zero for the past couple of weeks. DS11 is in tears with happiness of being active with his friends. For the past 2 months, they have only interacted with friends through video games, phone calls, and text. I just realized neither DKid has been inside a store for over 2 months. I'll take them with me the next time I go to the grocery store. We are slowly inching our way back to "normal".
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 20, 2020 4:59 pm

It is 2:45 here and there are 14 more components remaining to run before I can process and deploy the database. The last one runs several hours. I will have to login this evening and set it to going. It will take longer to login than to actually do the work!

I got done an annoying old pending item that I could not figure out earlier.

Tea break!

Return to “Post When You Can”