SATURDAY - SEASON-ING PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

SATURDAY - SEASON-ING PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 23, 2020 7:44 am

When I saw the title SEAsoning this morning, my thoughts went to SEE some things. As in the willingness to remain flexible and to have the ability to SEE things from other points of view. To see things that might need to be considered and changed in my home, life and understanding.

Do you consider yourself to be flexible? Are you willing to SEE things from another point of view? Do you enjoy the process of change whether it is removing clutter from a space, changing your eating habits, or trying a new activity?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: SATURDAY - SEASON-ING PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 23, 2020 8:35 am

Check J&C for sure today.
1. Know what you want.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat May 23, 2020 10:38 am

The season here today was winter, with the temp range officially
Sat May 23
10.6°C - 13.9°C
I don't think I recall a day like that.
Possibly there was a day in 65 When the girl who had moved from Holland said it was cold enough for sleet, she thought.
At least today I wasn't in a cotton dress with not much else.

I did get some movement happening in the Kitchen.
Cooked a meal from scratch, if I can count tipping in a can of tuna in with rice, chia seed and mixed veg.
Dishes.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 23, 2020 11:01 am

Oy, Dh is upstairs trying to get "my" desk apart. Can't find the allen wrench and "he probably gave to me to put in a plastic baggie." The festive weekend has begun! :lol: :lol:

Update: trip to Lowes. :lol: :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat May 23, 2020 11:42 am

Morning...

Lots going on for many here. Hugs to all.

My cyst turned out to be normal and about the size of an olive.Dr thinks it’s been there for a while and says it is absolutely nothing to worry about. Did a blood test to check for cancer just to easy his mind. Says he expects the test will come back 99.9% normal. Told me he did the same for his wife. This dr was a really nice guy. Don’t think I’ve ever been to a kinder one in my life.

He does think my pain has something to do with my bowels and suggested I contact my GI dr. Told me that people Our age, himself included, often have problems with their intestines which is usually do to diet. He said he suspects I may be experiencing diverticulitis.

I researched that when I got home and have changed what I am eating... specifically seeds in my salads. Broccoli and shedded cabbage, I eat usually twice a day in my salads. Sure enough my pain has faded. Will still make an appointment with my GI guy. Also read I need to return to exercising. Been an interesting experience.

Haven’t been doing much and now it’s too hot to spend much time outside. Am trying to spend as much time in the early mornings as I can. I talked to four drs over this past week and all believe no masks should be worn while outside. And that depending on the type of mask you wear the CO2 you breath into your mask and then breath back in when you inhale is not good for you over time.

Two of my drs have children between the ages of 6-10 and have allowed them to play with one friend at a time several times a week as long as they are outside... and they bare allowing their kids to swim in pools saying the chemicals and sun won’t allow the virus to survive. I’ve been reading this as well in several other places.

As far as school is concerned there is absolutely no way the CDC guide lines can be followed for schools. I had a good laugh when I read them. These people obviously have never spent much time in a school during their adult lives. I just shake my head and think... who are these people

When the Polio viruse/epidemic hit in the early 50’s, some of you are old enough to remember this, many people Died. However the country did not close down nor did the schools. Took several years to develop a vaccine and I remember having to eat sugar cubes which contained the vaccine.

My OB/gyn and my three drs said they haven’t seen anyone with the virus. I want to be tested for antibodies since I was so sIck in Jan. The health dept here says they are finding people had a mild form of the virus as early as early Dec. if you remember I was sick for almost three weeks and said I hadn’t been that sick in a very, very long time.

Off to water my flowers...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 23, 2020 12:07 pm

We had a nice little dinner party last night with our one guest. He came about 5:15 and needed to be home (about 45 min away) before dark so he wasn't here late. He is still sharp as a tack, but, as to be expected is grieving his wife and lonely. Several friends in our congregation (including my dh) are checking in with him and some are doing other things with him now that (hopefully) the worst of the quarantine is done. He brought us an instant pot - said he remembered dh talking about one. I need to figure out how to use it now! (I've been upstairs looking for a thank you card to send, I may make one later that's more masculine than the ones I have.)

Dh is still working upstairs and has my desk moved and is getting it back together.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 23, 2020 12:39 pm

RR - such good news! I'm glad you experienced great medical care and ease to your pain level. Your great investigation skills along with experience medical advice will hopefully find the long term solution.

DS11 is home from putting out flags at cemetery in prep for Memorial Day. He enjoyed his time with the local church group. I'm wary so still checking to make sure there are not positive virus cases within 20 mile radius. As long as it remains clear I'm okay with DS11 being in a van full of people. The rest of his time was spent outdoors walking from one grave to the next.

DD8 and I teamed up to replace a broken doorknob on an inside door. She learned to use a screwdriver. Righty tighty lefty loosely I am pleased that I figured out what parts to buy from a-river to fix the doorknob. It has crystal knobs that I wanted to keep. I am clueless in this type of stuff so I had to stretch myself out of my comfort zone to learn enough to do it, but I took a chance since the parts cost less than $5. Win-Win!

45 SHE cards completed tracking 5hrs 5 minutes.
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 23, 2020 12:45 pm

LadyM: thanks for sending me to J&C.

I'm in shock. Simultaneously, there is a huge response to something along the walking path by the river so I'm sitting here crying and listening to siren after siren. The road is closed to vehicles at the moment so all the smaller emergency vehicles are having to remove barriers to get to the road nearest, then drive across the grass, crossing 2 pathways. The fire truck and fire boat have all gone to the beach.

So that is what I'm 'seeing' now although view of the specific problem is blocked by trees.

Dh and I spent the morning on the balcony working on planting. The plants are in but need watering and there's a lot of additional work to do.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat May 23, 2020 1:05 pm

Hi everyone!

The electrician has come and gone. Our constant issue in the kitchen has finally been repaired. Now the microwave has it's own breaker and so does the fridge and the plugs on the wall and the ceiling light and pot lights. Previously everything went through the ceiling light. :shock: Dh is relieved that it is finally fixed. We think (fingers crossed) that there is nothing else that needs to be done inside the house.

I cleaned up after the electrician left. There was insulation all over the kitchen and the hallway. I had to empty the vacuum once already and I think I will do it again. While the pantry is "empty" (floor is clear) I will vacuum in here. Dh has gone for a nap. I was up at 5:30 a.m. so I think I might go lay down for a bit.

Supper is either pizza and wings or subs.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 23, 2020 1:43 pm

Break! Break! I am definitely ready for a break. SOMEONE (aka me) added to the kids daily list for them to take a 15 minute walk or bike ride. I didn't think this through well. DS11 is mature enough to go by himself but DD8 needs an adult with her still. That means I'm going for a daily walk or bike ride so DD8 can finish her list. I know this movement is good for me but I'm not always in the mood to do it especially at the hottest time of the day. ANYway, today DD8 chose to walk where she has never tried so we had a little adventure. We walked over the overpass twice which terrified her. We stopped on the top and I hugged DD8 close so she knew she was secure. While being hugged, she opened her eyes and watched the vehicles passing below us. She wasn't totally comfortable but at least she isn't terrified now.

I missed a zoom meeting this morning due to the wrong timezone. This meeting host sends out invites going through meetup.com and something about transfer between zoom-->meetup-->my calendar does not result in the correct hour. I will eventually figure it out but I am frustrated because this should be an automatic transaction.

DH and I teamed up to cut overgrown shrubs that were next to the house. The amount we cut almost overfilled the trailer and was barely able to strap the branches down. DH hauled them to the gully. It made a huge difference in how the house looks. Much neater but the removal of that much greenery gives a somewhat bare look compared to before we cut them down. It was a good decision and I'll get used to the new look.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”