Sabbath Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Sabbath Sunday

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 24, 2020 12:42 pm

We got about 3 minutes of rain at some point -forget where. But in NC tones came across the radio that we'd never heard -sure enough it was a tornado warning. Looking behind us we could see where that storm was so we came through just in time I think. We did hit rain around Williamsport PA yesterday for a while but it wasn't bad for dd driving. Today I find myself very tired but it would have been the same tomorrow if we'd taken 3 days. So I'm just trying to do little bits at a time. We're going over to dd's soon for pizza (from the grill).Our dks are all out front doing something -I'm sure to celebrate my birthday more than likely. This is a milestone for me I'm afraid -I'm 80 (and I'm sure someone falsified this number) going on 60 today. I guess it's true that your soul never ages.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun May 24, 2020 12:48 pm

Morning...

Happy birthday and glad you made it home safely Dee.

I don’t mourn any of these past weeks. I am forever the optimist and know that life will eventually return back to normal. I am looking forward to traveling, seeing my friends and family and enjoying the freedom that comes with this. Compared to what many have faced in the past with other wars and epidemics one realizes this to shall pass.

I have enjoyed these past weeks of life slowing down. I don’t feel guilty spending time reading or binge watching. No pressure to jump up and be somewhere each day. Knowing this time wouldn’t last forever is the reason.

My pants are getting tight. Cause from eating differently and having to quit all my exercising do to my pain. After more conversations with the amazing dr I saw this week he also suggested I might be suffering from IBS. This dr was the kindest most gentle dr I have ever come crossed.

He spent so much time reassuring me my cyst was nothing to worry about claiming how he hates how some ultra sounds like mine can send women in a tizzy with worry. He commented we were the same aga and had been doing this work for over 40 years.

When I had to slide down into the stirrup and he began to examine me be commented in all the exams she had done over the years, he always marvels... his words... at women and what they experience. Then he added... and every time I do this, i think to myself...I’m glad I was born a male. He made me laugh out loud.

About finished in my garden,

Today, as usual, is a do-over-day :D. Waving to y’all...

Dee wrote... I guess it’s true your soul never ages. I love that!!! I jus posted on my FB page... we may look older to you, but to each other, we’re still in Junior High School

Great minds think alike gf :D
Last edited by Ramblinrose on Sun May 24, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 24, 2020 12:57 pm

life will eventually return back to normal.
I agree, RR -albeit might be a 'newish' normal. Hopefully mankind will take some positive things forward from this.

You're right, we ARE still in at least high school. I hated to be finished with school. Though I wouldn't give up all these married years for anything. We've pretty well seen and been through it all in those years.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 24, 2020 1:11 pm

Happy birthday Dee!!

Dh is having a nap.

I currently have a rhubarb dump cake in the oven. I've never made one before. The recipe is on my FBook page.

Dh is BBQing pork chops tonight. He is also doing beets on the BBQ somehow.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 24, 2020 1:21 pm

I currently have a rhubarb dump cake in the oven
I'll be right over, Cathy! Oh, that's right, the border's still closed isn't it. Well I probably couldn't drive more than 5 miles right now anyway. ;)

DS-R is up on our roof taking off the AC covers. This is a good sign. Sometime later this week I'll get hummingbird food made so we can get those hung up. I'm definitely at the ONE THING AT A TIME STAGE NOW!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun May 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Happy Birthday Dee. I'm very happy you made it home safely.

I'm not sure about mourning... I've been doing a bit of that for a while lately... but I am thinking about our new normal around here. It is not exactly an especially happy time. We have lots to get used to.

We watched our service online today. I have kind of a sick headache so I wasn't able to finish it. My own fault, I've been eating wrong the past 2 days. Today I have a turkey roast to put in the oven later. That will help with the eating.

Dismayed with the news I read here yesterday. One just never knows what might happen.

Looks like rain later. I got the garbage all gathered and out to the road, a few drawers cleaned out of empty boxes, etc. and the refrigerator too. Put the recycle bin out also as it is 3/4 full. Folded all the clean laundry sitting about and I washed DH's whites and dried them. Yesterday I ran the little sweeper and DH cut the grass. He also went next door and cut theirs too. We each have 2 lots so there is a lot of cutting. Since the house next door was sold and those people moved out, new owners haven't come in. Probably unable to travel yet. They have an elderly relative who will be living with them. Maybe that's the reason. But no grass cutting has happened in a while so DH did it. Neighborhood sure looks better.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 24, 2020 3:39 pm

Checking in, we've actually been out of the house today. I read until very late last night and then slept in. Dh wanted to go to Costco so we went this morning, then went by the dd of friends to pick up something dh was buying from her. She has a "side" business of buying things for resale and dh got some kind of circular thing for the pressure washer. Costco was pretty busy in the clothing area but a lot of other areas were not so crowded. They require a mask, although some were not wearing it correctly. We spent awhile talking to the dd of our friends, then she said she said her dad had been by earlier and suggested we go by their house. So we did. They were working in the yard but happy for a break so we got to visit for awhile. They have the most beautiful home - and they don't buy super expensive things - in fact, he has to find a bargain for everything. Their shaded yard was beautiful and their screened porch was decked out "beachy" for summer. Everything so clean and pretty and nicely done. I told her I wanted to take her home with me to tell me everything to do to our house.

So it's 3:30 and I just CUOP-ed. Dh and I are going to M's house tonight for a visit with her and her dh. She wants to build a fire, but it may be too warm, IMHO? At least if we're outside a fire would keep the bugs down.

Happy birthday to our Dee! I was glad to look in earlier and see that you guys had arrived! Yes, best gift ever is to be back there with your DH!

LadyM said:
I think some religions and countries have a set number of mourning days
Jews mourn in stages. The first week is the intense grief where friends are to visit and, in more orthodox traditions, mourners do not bathe. There's then a 30 day period, and also the 12 month period. More here, if anyone is interested page down at this site: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bereavement_in_Judaism

I do feel like there's mourning for the lives we used to lead. I am beginning to feel better, less depressed about events.

Heard from dd that temple is making contingency plans our High Holy Day services. If feeling like we may not do our regular Rosh Hashana big get-together. While gatherings of 50 people are allowed in my state, I'm not sure it's wise. We don't know that the summer will bring, either way.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Happy birthday, Dee!!! So glad you’re home safe and sound!
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun May 24, 2020 4:34 pm

Harmony... how nice of your husband to help others. This is the positive side of these last 10 weeks... I see many people helping others out.

Twins... it is so interesting to read about your religions way of mourning. I like learning new things. Thanks so much for sharing.

I moved a huge plant I had repotted awhile ago from outside to inside. Was pretty easy, but while I was doing it I knocked the prongs that hold the stone in one of my favorite rings loose. Normally I would take it to my jewelry guy at our swap meet, but I’m not sure he’s there at the moment. I do have a fellow at a mom and pop jewelers that I also use so I guess that’s where I’ll take it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 24, 2020 8:07 pm

The rhubarb dump cake was far too sweet. I won't make it again unless we are going to have company.

Dh found the recipe for BBQed beets online. Spray some tinfoil with Pam cooking spray, put 2 large beets and a tablespoon of butter at one end and then roll them up and crimp the edges closed. BBQ for 30 minutes and they are done. Do not peel them before you cook them. The outer layer will burn, but it flakes off, leaving a really nice beet underneath. We didn't even feel the need to put salt, they were amazing as is.

The garage cleaner is coming tomorrow just before noon.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”