Tuesday Tunes

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Tuesday Tunes

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 26, 2020 6:05 pm

I've been upstairs in our bonus room but instead of organizing genealogy things I've cleaned up stamping desk. Perhaps I'm trying to start with "low hanging fruit." The stamping things all have a place to live and be put away. I've labeled some dies and designer paper, and found that I've misplaced one die (out of a set of eleven, I think. :cry: ) Will need to look through every bit of trash before I take it out because there things are little and light and can get away. I did look behind the desk and clean the desk up enough to have empty space and look in the obvious places.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 26, 2020 6:26 pm

The procedure to enter the bank needlessly entailed too much tech. You had to scan a QR code (I couldn't because my camera on my phone doesn't work) or text a number with your name. Well that took a while to enter it into the messages program, partly because I was standing in 90* sun, with a humidex of 102, so was hot, bothered, and couldn't see my screen in the full sun even with my sunglasses off.

The immediately response to my text was a web link. So I had to sign into their internet (but I'm outside so it is running slow.) Meanwhile, I've moved up to be the next person to enter the bank, but I haven't signed in yet so won't be assigned a teller. Eventually the employee outside to help the people without cell phones signed me in on her ipad. They texted me within a minute that it was my turn.

Their logic was that once I signed in, I could wait in my air conditioned car. But there were only 3 people in front of me when I arrived and 4 tellers working, so their system seemed cumbersome to me. Of course, if one has data on their phone, that's different but it was ridiculous that if you didn't use the QR option (because that requires data), the texting option also requires data.

Anyway, I was in and out fast. Then the car got washed at the car wash, and then we came home and put the large pinwheels on the balcony to discourage the pigeons. One bold one sat on the railing while I was out there and didn't move until I got up to hit him. He had the idea we could 'share' the balcony. No way. He's not sharing the rent so he has no right on my balcony.

Right now it is so hot and humid, the pinwheels aren't moving! Normally there is some breeze out there but not today.

I made up the tortierre meatloaf for dinner and it is almost ready. Then I guess I'll work some more on expenses this evening.

I knew I wouldn't finish before having to leave this afternoon so texted the accountant. She said that was no problem because she won't be getting to my work until next week.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue May 26, 2020 7:30 pm

Hi everyone! As usual on the day after a holiday, the database processes did not run. They don't receive input files, so errors are generated. Fortunately, that means no action needed on my part. However, there was a failure Saturday (Friday's data) that I did have to contend with. My foot was x-rayed this morning and I no longer have to wear a boot. A bone density scan was recommended, but they may not be doing those right now. I have a provisional clearance for the mid-June camping trip. I am to walk on it and if it does ok, I can go. I bought gasoline on the way back. The last time I did that was 4/9. Tomorrow, I have an appointment at the eye doctor.

This weekend DD18 spent Monday with me. She did make it on Saturday. She spent the time in her pajamas reading. I mostly worked on a UFO doll dress. We did "attend" church online. Many churches are reopening, ours is not yet. I am curious as to why, but will not ask. No matter when they reopen, the decision makers will face flak. My curiosity is not a sufficient reason to leave them with the impression that I am questioning their decision. I forgot a webinar I wanted to see Sunday, I may try to find a recording.

I am trying to eat better because I am plagued with abdominal distension. Bleah. Not painful, just embarrassing. I am almost done putting the last of the LOLs away.

I don't know if DD18 is coming over or not. If so, she is late. ETA: She forgot it was Tuesday!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 26, 2020 8:43 pm

Hello, hello, again --

Elizabeth, our church appears to be lagging behind others in the community/surrounding areas, and dh is a little bit miffed, I think about it. But I'm just not in that big a hurry. We watch online every Sunday and right now, I'm content with that. We are awaiting the go ahead from the larger (Methodist) conference, but I think they have approved us to start June 1. Whether we will or not remains to be seen.
We got an email survey today re: our feelings about returning, what concerns we had, what restrictions we would find acceptable. I let dh fill it out. He asked for my approval when he got through and I might have had a few more concerns than he does... but basically, I agreed with his answers.

(((Kathryn))) That IS a lot of hoops to jump through to get inside the bank, isn't it? My goodness. OTOH, I think our local bank is open "by appt only" except for the drive-throughs.
Blessed Assurance is one of my favorite hymns.

WTG, Twins, with organizing the stamping desk! I know how stuff like that can sorta take on a life of its own, like things just multiply while your back is turned!

And WTG on the tree trimming, LadyM! Oh my goodness, how I wish we had someone with a chainsaw who would come remove some trees at ds's house... and shrubs that are fast becoming trees here at ours!

I had to LOL at your moving the furniture. I'm embarrassed to say this, but can y'all believe, I have NEVER moved the furniture in this house a single time in 34 years??? EXCEPT for getting rid of the baby bed, putting ds's bed back together in the "baby" room and moving a few other things in/out as we sorted dinlaws' belongings. But our bedroom, the den, etc -- nope... never have been moved. That's kinda crazy.
But I LOL because my dgdad told us one time to help him remember where the bed was; he expected to come in some day and try to sleep on the dresser because dgm was constantly rearranging furniture.

Clean pillowcases back on the bed. DGS pronounced them as smelling "fresh and clean" before he left. I told him I thought the bad smell was in granddaddy's head! :lol: DGS did not get to go fishing today -- rain rain rain all day.
DDIL has sent her calendar for the next 8 weeks...and it's going to be tough for all concerned. But at least I'm not the one who has to be IN the hospital, an hour away, at 6:30 in the morning for 4 or 5 days. Basically, we will have the kids every Wednesday, most Tuesday nights, and occasionally a Monday or Thursday for a couple of hours for ddil to take online tests.

I would not want to be on a plane, either, but of course, I didn't want to be before all this happened!
Dbro said the last time he flew, it was obvious from the smell that the airline was practicing a LOT more sanitation measures than they had ever done before.

Harmony, if you find your ambition, please check -- mine may be out there running around with it.

Actually, I'm doing better. I'm back at the dvd transfer project today, and dh and I ran a ton of errands after we took dgs home --
drug store
post office
Wmart
grocery store
dollar store (all three in search of the right laundry detergent)
local farm (where we had a gift certificate & got tomatoes, strawberries, peanuts, and a watermelon)
Plus, I made phone calls to police dept and insurance office, re: the wreck Saturday...
and to my doctor to cancel the check-up. They were very nice and understanding about it.
Have also talked to ddil and ds on the phone...
cooked supper & s/s the kitchen.

Need to wash and prepare those strawberries.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 26, 2020 8:46 pm

Decided against more cor elle.

Almost missed you, Lynlee! I think that is the kind of dishes ddil was so thrilled to get from my dmom, which originally belonged to my dgmother.
Her favorite color is green, and these are the dishes with the green flowers around them. :D
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 26, 2020 9:48 pm

I'm about ready to wind the day down.

DS11 is still outside playing with neighborhood kids. He has to be home before the sun sets so he has 2 more minutes. NOT that he is playing until the very last moment. :0

I told DD8 to stop working on her school work and relax for the last 30 minutes before bedtime. She wanted to get ahead by doing as much school work as she could tonight.

DBro came by this evening and trimmed more branches. He cut branches and loaded them to fill the 20' trailer again until there wasn't room for more branches.

I spent 1.5 hours with DMom this afternoon while DH visited his DMom. Both DMoms are slowly going downhill but are doing well.

I attended a good zoom meeting tonight. I appreciate these meetings and feel refreshed, inspired, and motivated afterward.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 26, 2020 10:05 pm

My back spasmed out after dinner, so no bookkeeping was done. I wasn't feeling 100% before dinner either. Dinner tasted good.

I'm lying on the floor now, working on my bullet journal. At least it looks good!

I'll write up my diary now. Then lights out. The ibuprofen I took should be in effect soon. I slept very poorly last night so tonight should be good despite the back. The bedroom is cool since I ran the a/c for a while to cool it off.

Return to “Post When You Can”