Wednesday Writing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wednesday Writing

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 27, 2020 8:02 am

Write something.

Last night I updated my bullet journal and caught up, again, on my diary. So I'll be writing the year end financial reports.

I hope you are writing something more interesting!

Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday Writing

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 27, 2020 8:34 am

So far I'm writing a to do list and a grocery list. I have (much needed) body work at 10 so I'm hustling on a.m. routine. Recycle bin packed with corrugated and out to the street. S2s up next.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 27, 2020 9:19 am

Hi everyone!!

Supper tonight will be BBQ stuff. Steak and either potatoes or beets. I will be boiling a dozen eggs at some point and I really need to make banana bread today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 27, 2020 9:26 am

I've been updating the SHE cards and calendar. That's not exactly writing but more like digital input. But it's the best I can do this morning in my writing effort.

Yesterday I was out-n-about and came to a dead stop in shock that I wasn't thinking about every single detail and how it might cause contact with possible virus germs. It was a very freeing moment to realize my brain is relaxing from overdrive thinking about the scary invisible germs.

Other virus-related things are happening -
** DMom went to a doctor's appointment yesterday and they just walked into the medical building without getting temp checked. They used to keep the doors locked and you could only enter the doctor's office when they text you. Now those extra precautions have been removed.
** The hospitals are allowing visitors now. They require wearing a mask and having a temp check before visiting someone in the hospital but at least you don't have to be alone in the hospital.
** Football practice is starting next Monday at the public schools. Two hours a day 5 days a week. They have posted the football game schedule that starts in September.
** Activities are restarting. Our calendar is filling back up with group activities and it is looking like pre-virus stay-at-home regulations happened. Everything is wide open now with the exception of nursing homes. We are having DD8 birthday party this Friday at a restaurant.
** I still have a wariness though. I continue to monitor the 20-mile radius around us. There are still zero positive cases.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 27, 2020 10:14 am

Sneezing up a storm this morning. Know pollen is 'high' right now.

Trying to update our calendar. Realized when I looked at May and saw 2 appointments for me that I had cancelled, I needed to do work on it. Have new Dr appointments for next month.

Haven't been able to get on AOL this morning to check any emails.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 27, 2020 10:23 am

Eggs have been boiled and I have started getting the ingredients together for the banana bread. Dh and I made a deal last night that if it wasn't done before noon, he could have the bananas for PB and B sandwiches for lunch. Nope! :lol:
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed May 27, 2020 11:24 am

I am starting to write the history of my life for my grand daughter. The book I’m using is called The Story of a Life Time with writing prompts with empty fill in lines.

I discovered an interesting quote in it....
If you want your children to turn out well, spend twice as much time with them and half as much money...Abigail Van Buren

Great quote for me cause I didn’t have much money as a single mom with my son as his dad did. So instead of gifts I found ways to make memories. Still do :D

The book is 335 pages. There are writing prompts either on both side or on one. Some pages have two writing prompts, other have two and there are 30 blank lines pages in the back of the book where you can continue writing your answers.

First writing prompt: if your ancestors emigrated from another country, from where did they come? When? How did they come? Where did they settle and why? I’m going to print my family tree from Ancestry to answer that question.

Second prompted, same page: What so you remember about your oldest relatives you knew personally? I had two great grandmothers who lived to be 96 and a grandmother who lived to be 95. Wonder if I should include my 92 year old mother lol.

I’ve decided the way to attack this and not become over whelmed it to write one page either each or every other day... it’s gonna take awhile.

My gardens have been watered and the birds have found my sunnies seed heads. Early This morning I looked
Out the kitchen window and could see them feeding on the seeds. Circle of Life.

I haven’t had a hair cut in almost 6 months. I haven’t been please with the gal who’s been cutting my hair and have been wondering how to tell her I wanted to use someone new. Yesterday she called to say she’d been fired from the place and I was going to and wanted to let me know where she was now. Too far for me to travel, so problem solved. I’m thankful she has a new job, but happy she won’t be cutting mine.

LadyM... glad your world is turning back to normal. Now if my library would only open up!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 27, 2020 11:52 am

I saw a notice yesterday that our library is opening up June 2nd here. Limited number of people inside and at the bank of computers.

I have closed out this month with one check and one report. End of this quarter report done 1 month ahead because I don't anticipate doing anything the whole month of June. I can always change it if I need to because that one I mail in. Bills paid and to the mailbox.

Bike ride with DH done. I'm pooped. Yesterday I walked, 1100 steps. I guess that isn't a lot for some of you who walk. My shoulder is telling me it's sore today.

Today's writing is the letter I have to answer. This afternoon I think I will stitch.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 27, 2020 12:35 pm

Banana bread is in the oven. I wanted to get 3 out of it, but only got 2 small ones. One has walnuts and the other has walnuts and chocolate chips. We are dropping it off for a customer who was here not long ago and we were discussing banana bread recipes. They brought us the meatballs on the weekend.

When I am ready and the banana bread is out of the oven, dh has a load of metal scrap to go to the metal scrapyard south of here.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 27, 2020 12:44 pm

Our library will be opening for curbside pickup in a few weeks, we think.

School won't be back until September, and no summer camps at schools this summer. And no overnight camps either. As for day cares opening up, no idea. We are a government town and little has opened up there. Malls are still closed but some stores are opening up. Hair stylists are still an unknown.

The provincial state of emergency was extended to June 9 so that affects a lot of stuff including some of what you can do in a park.

At this point there are 161 active diagnosed cases here. That is 0.016% of the population (or under one-fiftieth of 1 percent of the population are affected.) It feels strange that nothing is happening when so little of the population is affected. Toronto still has over 1900 active cases (0.066% of their population) and the premier wants us all to be locked down evenly. So while it is 4x as prevalent there as here, we have to stay shut down.

Return to “Post When You Can”