Saturday - Season-ing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Saturday - Season-ing

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 30, 2020 9:36 am

It's really been 12 weeks? At least it has been since I first started being quarantined (March 8th) since I was sick from that day for several weeks.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Mr. & Mrs. Harmony. Hope this will be a nice day for you.

My Dr's office called with procedure for my office visit Friday. I was told to call when I get there & the nurse will come get me. There's no payments being taken right now -though I'm sure my co-pay is 0. Dr is seeing patients she feels need to be seen -& the last I was there was October. I asked about labs I have orders for. Right now there is none unless we really feel the need & their lab is closed. Nearest one is quite a ways from here. I'm sure I'll need labs before my cataract surgery layer this summer anyway. I see my cardiologist on June 11th for an echo.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Saturday - Season-ing

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 30, 2020 9:48 am

Dh was extremely happy to get his hair cut yesterday afternoon. Hairdressers/barbers were allowed to give JUST hair cuts after 1pm yesterday. At first they'd said on Thursday that it was being moved to phase 3 which would be at least another 2 weeks. Mine is in dire need, but I'll probably wait until she's here next weekend. They're supposed to wear a mask & a face shield. Customer has to wear a mask as well.

Think I'm going to go get some groceries this afternoon. I've been making a list trying to drum some ideas up for dinners. Like dd I have lots of 'go withs' but nothing to make a meal.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 30, 2020 10:42 am

Happy Anniversary Harmony & DH!

I'm taking it a tad bit easier today. Yesterday's birthday celebration took its toll on my energy level so I want to slow down a bit to give my energy bucket time to recover.

Our main A/C unit has quit working. I've called a local HVAC company and hope they can respond today. Temps are in the high 80''s today so inside the house should remain okay without a/c.

I've created and printed June monthly calendar. It hangs on the front of the refrigerator and is the calendar that DH and the kids look at daily.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat May 30, 2020 10:58 am

Morning..

I’m in a holding pattern. Last night I swept and then vacuumed the kitchen/living areas with plans o vacuum and mop the house this morning.

I left the vacuum plugged in and out with the kitchen area rug folded waiting to be cleaned. I did take it out last night and wampt
d it against a pillar to shake out the dirt.

Woke in the middle of the night At 2:00 am with a killer migraine so all bets are off.

I trudged outside early this morning around 6 to water my sunnies...sort of did it on auto pilot... because it was 112* yesterday and suppose to be 110* today and figured they’d be mighty thirsty by now.

LadyM... turn your oven on 500*, while waiting for it to warm up, get your hair dryer out, up, turn your hair dry on its highest setting, open the oven door and then blast yourself...that will sort of give you and idea of 112*. Good news is you can wear jeans and they won’t stick to you, cause after all it’s only dry heat :lol:

I have two loads of wash to fold, but they can wait till I feel better.

After I finish this cup of coffee...I’m waiting for my automatic watering system to finish...it back to bed for me.

You know the saying... I plan and God laughs. Still love Him anyway :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat May 30, 2020 11:08 am

Happy anniversary to the Harmonys!!! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat May 30, 2020 11:11 am

Happy Anniversary Harmony and DH.
Best wishes for the coming year.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat May 30, 2020 11:25 am

Happy anniversary to Harmony and her dh!!

We took a load to the dump. 4 tires, some hazardous material and some recycling. It didn't cost anything, but the line up to get in took 30 minutes. Dh took that time to make some phone calls.

Supposed to be BBQ chicken for supper.

Dishwasher has been unloaded and reloaded.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 30, 2020 1:51 pm

I'm surfacing in the village better late than never!

Nothing much to show for the day so far except the bedroom is tidied and I've henna'd my hair. Also we've put together a songset to learn for the seniors. This one will be TV show themes from the 50's and 60's (and All in the Family, which is 70s.) Some are full songs (like Davy Crocket), some have unknown extra lyrics (Carol Burnett), some the words weren't ever sung (like Andy Griffith Show) and some are really short (Green Acres.) But it should be a fun set to pull together and do. We'll have them guess the TV shows and back announce them.

While I was sitting here earlier, a pigeon cruised on by so I have put the pinwheels back up (I took them down because of strong winds last night.) So they are working. The pigeons stayed up on the roof of the top balcony watching me work to put the pinwheels back!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat May 30, 2020 2:44 pm

Thank you for Anniversary wishes. It is 27 years today. We are doing ok. DH is happier because outside work has picked up. There is more to do outside and he cleaned / helped clean the outside porches. I have put a card on his lap as he sleeps in his chair. So far he's forgotten. Doesn't mean anything, that's the way things usually go around here. If I wanted to go into a store I'd get something special to cook since we're not going out these days. Maybe a steak for the grill. Been a long time since we've done that. Thinking here, there's a specialty ice cream store up the street. Maybe we'll do that after dinner today.

I've done dailies. I think I could do them blindfolded. Same thing each and every day. Add to them as necessary. All in order at my desk. I don't have any special project or job I want to do today. Every day I try to tackle something, that keeps things looking pretty good around here.

I am stitching also. Slow going. It's harder to see now. I can tell the difference in my stitches from when I did it before.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat May 30, 2020 4:27 pm

Because it is so windy, I moved the "BBQ"ing inside. Chicken is cooking in a Dutch oven in the oven. I will cover with home made BBQ sauce 30 minutes before it is to come out. I decided to boil some beets at the same time. We have to get the beets used up. They are going soft.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”