Sunday Sabbath PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Sunday Sabbath PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 31, 2020 10:06 am

According to my X'd off chart, this is our 12th Sunday In-Solidarity.

One of the quotes from my preaching convention notes:

"Sabbath rest (in the creation story) is not the end of God's Work, but the result of that work."

Maybe today is a good day to reflect back on the week and identify the work that results in rest for you today.

My work yesterday means the apartment is tidy and peaceful.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunday Sabbath PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 31, 2020 10:10 am

Not that I'm in the mood for sabbath rest.

My physical surroundings may be peaceful but my mental ones are in chaos.

Not sure what the day will bring.

I stayed up way too late last night because I was too upset to sleep. Went to bed at 3 but fell asleep on the couch before then.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 31, 2020 10:25 am

Rest in that tidiness, (((Kathryn))).

Been over to dd's already this morning so we could grieve together (along with dh of course) -I'll post in J&C. I'm just now at nearly 10:30 eating breakfast.

Happy Birthday, dHarriet -or at least have a blessed one. Sending love and hugs to you and yours.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 31, 2020 10:26 am

Hi everyone!!

We have done the grocery shopping.

We will be having pork ribs for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun May 31, 2020 10:41 am

Happy Birthday Harriet. Best wishes for all this coming year brings.

Prayers for all affected by the events in the world at this time. May there be safety and security, and promoted help lines for people to call on, and meaningful help available foe all who suffer.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 31, 2020 10:46 am

Can I just say I'm so glad dd and I came up north last week and not this week? Things are weighing too heavily on all our minds and hearts! I'm sure that the murder of our friend is only a small speck of all that's going on in many homes around our land and indeed the globe. :|

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun May 31, 2020 11:04 am

As inferred in my c&j post, there has been a daily parade of deaths in domestic settings here, it seems.
Some are spouses. Some are children of various ages. The disabled not cared for, despite supposedly caring relationships. And just read of young suicides too, (suspect there are so many more of all ages.) There is another epidemic happening besides the pandemic.
The widespread disorder and violence in US is a powder keg. Whipped up further by some I think.
gentle hugs Dee. Distance travel would be difficult atm, so glad you arrived safely..
Prayers continue.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 31, 2020 11:45 am

Our first attendance to "new" church wasn't without hiccups but overall it went well. As we pulled up to the church, DD8 got a bad nose bleed. DH and DS11 went into the church while DD8 and I came back home to change her clothes. DD8 was hugging on me which meant I also had to change my clothes. We arrived back at church when the service was about half done so was still able to attend church together. The church sanctuary is beautifully designed and has rows of pews that reminds me of the church that I attended during the years I was growing up. I prefer the wide-open space at our "old" church but we aren't making this church change for its building design. I will get used to these type surroundings again.

Today is the last of restricted activities. The rest of the church activities start back up this week. Wednesday night church will be a yearly event big bash marking the start of summer with many outdoor activities and eating together. Next Sunday the small class (aka Sunday school) and children church resume. Vacation Bible School is scheduled to happen in a couple of weeks. Everything is returning to "normal". I'm getting more comfortable with this as time passes with no positive virus cases in the 20-mile radius.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 31, 2020 11:55 am

Did you change churches, LadyM? Did I miss that? I remember you said Lord M had resigned his position at church?

Just realizing that dd is probably feeling 'guilty' she didn't offer this friend housing back in March. She texted for quite a while with dd but dd didn't feel comfortable having her come stay because of me. If anyone should feel guilty it would be me I guess. But chances are as with most domestic abuse cases, she would have gone back to her husband at some point.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun May 31, 2020 12:19 pm

Morning...

Happy birthday Harriet! Since I know you may not feel much like celebrating at the moment, perhaps you can celebrate in a month or two.

Dee... you are right. Most domestic violence cases usually don’t end well, even when friends intervene.

Had a huge dust storm last night followed by a lightning one. Stood out on my poach and watched it for quite a while.

My sunnies made it through the 45 mph wind gust and are still standing. Some of my sunnies are now 9 foot tall and I was very concern they would make it through the storms.

I have laundry to fold from the past Friday. It’s always a slow day for me after a migraine... just part of the process. Been watching the launch and now docking of the space capsule. Science stuff always amazes me. Loved teaching it to my “kids”.

Off to start my day. Still have bit of migraine so need to take some more meds. Waving to y’all...

Lynnlee... always enjoy reading about your life. I continue to read Nancy’s blog. Thanks LadyM for posting her site.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”