Finally February 1st!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Finally February 1st!!

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:02 pm

LucyLee - IKWYM. You gave it a try and found out it didn't work for you. Give yourself plenty of grace. You are analyzing and fine-tuning your system. A couple of times a year I find myself looking at other systems and admiring how it is working for someone else. Only by trying and failing at imitating them that I learned it doesn't work for me.

DD9 didn't finish school until a few minutes before 5pm. DS12 finished around 3pm. Thankfully school went smoothly this afternoon. The struggles we had this morning has opened up more communication. We are still talking about what each of us could have done chosen to do differently.

I did something this morning that I'm not sure was a good idea because I don't remember ever using it before. It was done in a moment of frustration. I needed a consequence that would get their attention and this did. I told the kids if they didn't stop their behavior that I would put something of theirs into time-out for the rest of the day. This resulted in me putting one of DD9 beanie-boos in timeout. I also put DS12 backpack (which contains Bluetooth speaker) in timeout. The timeout place is a shelf in the schoolroom They can see their possessions and they know they are okay. They can retrieve their possession after sunrise tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if they are up early tomorrow to retrieve their item from timeout. Choices have consequences. This was an extremely easy consequence for me to do. I'm trying to figure out if it has a negative side to it. Where did I leave that child-rearing instruction manual?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:40 pm

Good news my back is better.
I massaged a knot muscle was tense helped a lot and did some stretches.
Dishes are done.
LetsDig18 guy is on a dozer top dressing a pond. LM I keep thinking of how much your son might enjoy these vid when they are not restricted.
I had grounded myself from fb for 2 days getting quite a bit more done! LOL!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:33 pm

Nancy - Thanks for sharing the video info. I sent it to DS12
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:33 pm

LadyM, I think you could probably WRITE the child-rearing instruction manual!

Thanks for the reassurance, but I guess I’ve about given myself enough grace, LOL! This is, I think, the FOURTH planner I’ve bought in the past couple years. Sigh. I just don’t do well with any of the structure “they” set up... and while I like the thought-provoking questions they ask for weekly reflection... I’m intimidated by trying to answer them. Shaking my head...

Last load of laundry in the washer...
Last kid in the tub... ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:49 pm

Hi everyone. I am knee deep in end of month reports. Two down, one in progress, and one waiting on someone else's data. DD18 has finals and is not coming over tonight. There is an animal org meeting over zoom tomorrow evening so no Wed dance class. I was hoping there would be one this evening that I could substitute for my exercise, but no. I should look up some online aerobics or something. Will I? Remains to be seen.

Benjamin and Chewbacca showed themselves beautifully to the people who came to visit them. I have a job interview at my current workplace Friday. I should do some bills and budget. I think I have all the bills done as of Saturday, but I always like to double check.

lucylee: Could the planner be used as a gift for someone else?

LadyMaverick's Saturday video posting of the orange tree shake looked like a real live Transformer.

Just got word that the person who saw the cats has put in an application for them. I imagine it will go through, her mother is the animal org president. While that will not guarantee them an animal from us, it does mean they are very likely to already know our rules and criteria and will pass selection.

Return to “Post When You Can”