Finally February 1st!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Finally February 1st!!

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:55 am

What's new with you? Are you trying to change or start a habit?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Finally February 1st!!

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:58 am

Hi! I'm always so happy to be finished with January. This year it seemed a lot longer than usual.

Tonight we will be having salmon casserole for supper.

It snowed a tiny bit overnight. Not even enough to have to scrape off the windshield. A shot of windshield wiper fluid and a few swipes of the wipers will get rid of the little bit of frost. It is still cold here.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:53 am

Good morning Cathy! I saw a meme earlier calling January the 13th month of 2020, which seems accurate. I'm glad we're moving on. The big thing I remember from last Feb was the trip to FL to see dh's Aunt P and the big market "adjustment" as COVID became real. I looked back at the calendar and I had a haircut, body work, stamp club, and other events outside the house. I think by the end of Feb last year I was beginning to limit my trips out of the house, tho.

I am feeling better and returned to normal eating yesterday...still some symptoms but need to get my digestive system working again somehow. I'm not sure what sounds good for dinner.

I have been up almost two hours, got up at 7. And I need to get busy...I do have laundry going with sheets already.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:12 am

I realized last night that my bedroom is more of a mess than I thought it was. I was thinking that I had to finally get some books put back onto the bookcase that had been on my dresser for close to a month. I've been working on that this morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:48 am

Did some housekeeping on here first thing and now am ready to post.

Dh went for his walk but called me when he was done to see if I'd heard anything about/from his db. I hadn't so he's driving over to their house to see if 1-he's home or 2-still at the hospital and 3-if they've heard anything. Sure if he gets no answer there he'll head to the hospital. He was more worried than usual last night about his db so I'm sure he sounded pretty bad when he called dh on the way to the hospital.

DD's been texting me. She had to do a Covid (at home) test on Saturday and have it to U P S before 10am to be next day air to MN (I think it is). At any rate she said it had been mis-sorted and was still in Jacksonville FL. She now has to be to the arena in Tampa for a rapid test by 3:30. She usually doesn't get out of school until at least 2:30. Someone is taking her class and she's leaving at 1:30, running home, changing and off to Tampa -hoping road traffic is okay. At 3:30? Hopefully she'll be ahead of the worst of it and there's no accidents on I-4. Harmony knows what I mean by that. In fact she and dh were on their way home last night from Orlando and around Disney - Champions Gate it took them over 30 minutes for 6 miles.

Have oatmeal left so I can have that for breakfast. Dh/dd brought home A rby's for dinner last night. I had a Reuben. Well half of one. Think I'll give dh the other half today & I'll eat something less calorie laden.

Tomorrow dh/dd have to go to Plant City to her MIL's house to meet the "College Hunks" who are removing the rest of the stuff from the house. Then the POD will be moved to dh's db's house on Thursday. Closing on Friday. Dsonil will still have to go over there every couple of weeks to mow the empty lot next to the house -they still own that. Hopefully that will sell before too long as well.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:58 am

I'm glad your dd is moving toward closing on that house Dee. I've been there with my sister's house and then mother's. Such a relief when that isn't hanging over you.

I'm going to get out of pajamas and walk the dog. I've been delaying and can't anymore. It's cold out there today! We're only getting some snow flurries here.

I did piddle around and scan and trash some of the items in my "inbox" by my computer downstairs.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:07 am

Morning...

Dee... happy for your daughter and dsil finally closing on the house and hope your dh gets good news about his db.

It’s horse day for me. Yesterday I dusted and vacuumed and worked a tad on my office. Still have a long way to go, but it’s a start.

I treated my hair last night with caster oil and now need to wash it out. Temps here should be around 74* so I need to make sure I have my sun screen in my car.

Sweetie surprised me with weather tech mats for the front of my SUV. My feet get dirty and I have been using a towel to keep the mud and stuff off of my car floors. He’s a keeper.

Waving to yall... off to start my day!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:57 am

Dh just got home from his db's. Dsisil's caregiver was there as well as another couple who sometimes stay with her. So far they've heard nothing about/from his db. He mentioned he was pretty upset that db didn't go by ambulance. But, they did say they knew he was seen in less than 5 minutes after they got to ER. This particular ER just happens to be #1 in the country -and that's why. They never mess around.

I've eaten breakfast and need to get to exercising.

DD texted that her boss emailed her and said she doesn't have to be in Tampa by 3:30 after all. She's had 2 negative test in a row up through Saturday, so she's good for now. Not sure if that means she has to now do her test to be sent in. It's all so crazy. But at least they're as proactive as they can be.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:20 pm

I am up on time. Thinking of you all. I am glad the living room got a spiff so I can vacuume later on.
Still fighting off sinus stuff. I felt good by last night. I need to get moving I am a bit stiff and achey..
The table is worse today oh well I can work on it throught out the day.
I need to move the shredder and empty out two office size bins and take them out to the carport. X
A couple of phone calls need to be made in a while. :arrow: move to Tues.
Waving to everyone!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:53 pm

It's still snowing here. My car is almost covered. Teeny tiny little flakes add up.

Dh has been busy working all morning. I've been busy puttering around. Bedroom is almost tidy. Maid service is coming on Wednesday. I started shifting books around last month after they left, so it's been 4 weeks with some of those books being on the dresser. Now they are on top of the bookcase with most of the loose ones already put away. Three of the books that I wanted to put in the bedroom are too tall for the shelves, so they are being added to the coffee table selection.

Okay, the bedroom is tidy and clutter-free. I wonder if I'll sleep better tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”