Finally February 1st!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Finally February 1st!!

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:30 pm

I love when my bedroom is newly decluttered and cleaned. I go to sleep quicker I think.

Dee, I'm sure glad your DD didn't need that test. It's a bear getting down I4 especially in the Disney area. There are always traffic jams there.

Took my package and cards and mail I had (paid bills this morning) to the post office. Went to next town north to return the OTC glasses I got DH because I got the wrong strength. I tried the dollar store near there and found a couple. They weren't really "manly" ones but at least I didn't get the ones that had pink printed stuff on the earpieces! They're just for here in the house and he probably wouldn't have minded, but I got the last 2 plain ones they had. I also replenished my greeting cards for the year. I think I still need a few more. I'd used up all the ones I had.

Watching the weather on TV to figure out what's with all the wind out there. We're coolish and very windy today. Tomorrow is groundhog day so we'll know what weather is in store coming up. :roll:

Hope to get back to my sewing later. Yesterday I got a nice neat patch on DH's work jeans (I'm using the zig-zag cam I finally learned to use after all these years). And I made a small square pillow case for the pillow DH uses between his knees. I want to put some buttons on the flap. I do know how to use the buttonholer attachment.

My goodness, that's quite the storm up north. I'm glad I'm not up there!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:47 pm

I did a round spiffed some on the table.
Got the shredder back in the office.
I need to move things out of the way to vacuume. X
Vacuum x
Had breakfast. Journaling is done.

Some empty containers can go in the other bedroom.
Mine needs more attn.
Took some of the laundry downstairs.
Took out the trash.

I am watching on yt an escavater use a bush hog attachmment to mow down brush etc. By a pond.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:57 pm

Lunch break here.

It felt like a treat to CUOP.

This morning has been a challenge. I'm not casting blame but the facts are...I'm not feeling 100% yet and my supply of patience is limited....DD9 decided today would be a good time to throw a temper tantrum.......DS12 showed up for school with a bad attitude and decided to be mouthy. These events happening by themself are not good but when they are happening at the same time it is really not good. ANYoleWAy, we survived the challenging moments with minimum consequences so all is well.

I planned my day earlier this morning ....
** Weather = 56/36F 7/5mph Sunny
** Project of the Day = Coat closet declutter, deep cleaned and organized
** Fun, satisfying, feels good = I'm excited about starting new habits.
** Life Skill taught = Decluttering practice
** On the menu today = Spaghetti with meat sauce, summer squash
** On the schedule today =
    -- Homeschool
    -- Epic school

The project of the day was relatively easy to accomplish. I pulled everything out of the coat closet and laid all the items (mostly coats) out in the living room where they could easily be seen. Before we started lunch, I had everyone look through the items and pick out anything they wanted to keep. Those items were returned to the coat closet and the rest of the items were put into a 50 gallon bag to take to our favorite donate shop. The more we practice decluttering the better we are getting at doing it. The process only took about 10 minutes. When we started the project the coat closet was stuffed full of coats with most of them not being worn. I reminded the kids that just because it is a beautiful coat that we paid too much money for is no reason to keep it hanging in the closet. If you are not using it then give it to someone that will use it. Be thankful that it came into your life when you needed it and then let it go.......
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:04 pm

I vacuumed the pantry/office. Put a small folding step stool away to where it lives. Put the vacuum where it lives. I have run out of bags and out of room to put them. I hope this doesn't slow down the paper decluttering. See my new signature?

I even washed the largest roasting pan that had been helpfully soaking for (?) days. I also wiped the top of the stove so I can boil the pasta for the casserole.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:07 pm

I am excited to start February! I got my new “Prayerful Planner” in the mail today AND started a 21-day Bible study called (I think) Pathway to Peace, which was offered by the planner people. I’ll let y’all know how this goes.

Dgrands are spending the night tonight b/c ddil has an endoscopy in the morning and has to be there at 7:00 a.m. If she dropped them off before school, they’d have to get up before 6:00, but if they spend the night, they will probably sleep till at least 7:00, so it just makes more sense for us to keep them. We’re not going to get them till after supper, though, and they will have to go to bed at a more normal time, so it should be a “short” night – IF dgd will sleep well. Sometimes she is up and down all night, back and forth to our bed.

I am working on habits – set up my own chart for 1 new thing per day – for example –
Tidy bed
Morning exercise
Drink water – etc.
I am HOPING to use this to get myself better concentrated on the daily tasks I tend to ignore. I do extremely well with my morning and evening routines, but the in-between stuff – WHB, zones, etc… unfinished projects… all that stuff really falls by the wayside.

I am thinking fish for supper also, Cathy.

Twins, I am sure February was the last “normal” month we had in 2020. In March, school shut down to virtual classes, youth sports fizzled out, ds’s shows were all cancelled, church shut down, everything just went kaput!
And in some ways, I have appreciated the slower pace; I’ll be honest.
BUT – I do NOT enjoy the constant vigilance over masks and closeness to others and the restrictions it has placed on the dgrands’ activities… and I HATE what it has done to ds’ livelihood.
So… it will be good if we can EVER get back to normal.

Hope you feel better soon, (((Twins))).

You too, (((Nancy)))! Sinus crud makes you feel so miserable.

(((HUGS))) for Dee’s dd with all these covid tests and snafus they cause… and really, for all your family, Dee… dbil and his wife, your dsil and the stress of dealing with his dmom’s house… y’all have had a lot on your plates. * OH -- glad to see she doesn't have to rush to get one today!

Oh my goodness… I just checked our temps! It is 36, feels like 28. 16-18 mph winds??? No wonder I thought I was going to freeze to death when we went to the post office!!! Brrrrr…
Ooohhh… and it is predicted to be in the upper 20s and fairly windy in the morning at school drop off time… ugh…

What a wonderful gift, Rose! Those weather tech mats look sooo nice! Enjoy your beautiful day!

Yep, Groundhog Day coming up, Harmony! Maybe we’ll have an early spring! (Of course, speaking of sinus crud, I don’t know why I’m so anxious for it… LOL).

I love your set up for the day, LadyM. Some of it is hard to adapt to my own life, since I don’t regularly get to teach life skills to anyone, but…
For me today…
** Weather = 36, feels like 28, 16-18 mph winds
** Project of the Day = Laundry, Fill in new planner
** Fun, satisfying, feels good = New book arrived on library app
** Life Skill taught =
** On the menu today = * I think * fish, rice
** On the schedule today = Nothing set in stone
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:00 pm

Lucylee - Life Skill for you is the new habit you choose to practice that day. And the next as needs be.

Cuop.
Yes Feb a year ago was the last normal month for a lot of things here too, Though we have returned to new covid normal, that can vanish at the whim of the powers that be. Vaccines for all by years end is govt plan.
Supposing all imports and Au vaccine production goes to plan.

Monday
yoga, billpay elect and rates, nabbed 2 gmilk at WW.

Tuesday
smalls and tshirt knits are washing. need undercover hanging space.
I cleared the doorways. waiting for them to finish. and there is a drying rack for the smalls.
I believe its taichi in a church space and hope to get there in an hour, and its 30 min walk there if I'm not on the bus in 20min. I can't see that happening. I'm dressed as if I'm going.
I want to ring and see if a MH group at coast is still happening. I need to make a point of more people contact.

Look up contact numbers is a thing to do. Done.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:44 pm

I am thankful I can paint what ever color I want h. Disliked sage green. :mrgreen:
Also the three color cherry toms. I am enjoying those these days h. Disliked those as well the purpl e one
That I love so much.

I need to ignore the yard & gardening for a while lobger and keep up on inside stuff.
It is fake spring out here. I did pick up one pile after the dog. And spot mopped in thd kitchen.
I had a great peaceful walk. I can plug away at the other chores this week, clean bathrooms etc.

I read a bit today it was good to take time out for that.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:13 pm

After I took out 3 piles of books that were my to-be-read pile, I put some of them back were they live in the library. Now I still have a pile, but it's smaller.

Dh is watching the news. I can hear it, but I can kind of ignore it.

Supper was so good. The kittens loved the salmon "juice" that I drained out of the 2 cans of salmon. Lots of licking of the area around their mouths and purring. Now they have had their supper as well. Guess it's almost time for their short naps. Zoomies begin around 9 p.m.

I have stuff going on for tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. I really hope the snow stops before noon tomorrow. It's been snowing ALL day.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:27 pm

I made 'not delivery' pizza for supper. There's 4 pieces left for dsonil when he gets home. I had 2 pieces & I think dh had about 2 1/2.

Imagine dbil is home by now. Hoping he's adjusting ok to his upped blood pressure med and that it does the trick. Have been wondering if dsisil will recognize him when he gets home.

Going to see if I can tune in tonight's Lightning vs Predators game, but I doubt it. DD's chief told her to take Friday off so she doesn't have to test for that. But, she was going to ask him about working as she was scheduled to do 'puck time' and she needs practice at it. She can always do a test tomorrow and drop it off after work tomorrow. She and dh have to go to Plant City to be there when the guys come to clean out.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:39 pm

WHY do I persist in thinking I am a “planner person” when I am CLEARLY a “spiral notebook person”???
There is NOTHING wrong with the planner; it’s just not “me.”
I see these beautiful illustrated and decorated pages online, and then I get the blank planner and I just GO blank and think, “nah.”
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”